Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

• Hair Length Short (1) and Long (2)
  • Hair Style Wavy (2) and Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 25 minutes
  • Hair Care

Less than year old died and cloud nine rejecting warranty claim!

Had for 11 months and all of a sudden beeping and making a clicking electrical noise. Lights up only when clamping the iron, once released it turns off.
Submitted a warranty claim as it is still within the 1 year warranty period and the claim was rejected saying it is no longer covered under warranty!? Not happy. Paid too much for a unreliable product and poor accountability from company when came to warranty claim.

Purchased in June 2020 for $305.00.

Mit
MitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible.

I’ve bought the wide iron straightener because of my thick and volume hair. However, it’s not worthy. My hair is dry (even after applying oil), have to straight my hair 2-3 times to get the desired result and sometimes my hair gets entangle in between the iron plates.

Purchased in March 2021.

Alicia.M.
Alicia.M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

6 weeks old - BURNT OUT

6 weeks old and $330 waste of money. It made a crackling noise and heated down the straightener and burnt my hand. Turned it off waited to cool and turned it back on, seconds later it crackles and a fair amount of smoke comes out of it. Old Ghd still problem free after approx 7yrs, thought I was upgrading- how wrong I was.
UPDATE* Hair care Australia happily swapped it over for a new one and were lovely to deal with. I'm still unsure if this was the best purchase...

Purchased in January 2019 at Dose the hair company for $330.00.

Awful

Bought original straighteners on 9/1/2019 direct from cloud nine paying £119.00 used this morning for 3rd time and was smoking and smelt of burning, not a happy customer, just waiting to be contacted as office is closed today.

shazld
shazldNortheast, VIC

Not sure how they haven't had to recall them

Ellas
EllasSydney, NSW

Damaged my hair

- damaged my hair and didn’t last me more then a year for the price you pay . Upgraded to the halo kate and couldn’t be more happy with the quality and product

SLD
SLDMelbourne

10 Days and then they broke!!

Not built to last

I have had these for under 2 years and sadly my Cloud 9 started over heating (down into the part where you hold the straightener causing it to become too hot to hold), making crakling noises and producing a very strange smell. I purchased the C9 for quality and reliability, but sadly they are not built to last. Save your money and get a GHD or alike.

Kim
KimWallan Victoria

Didn’t last long

I purchased a cloud nine straightener and within 6 months it was dead. One day just didn’t turn on. I went back to a ghd which is awesome. I paid top dollar for it as well so that’s a bit disappointing

Lucy
LucyBirmingham

Poor product for the price.

Don't make the mistake and buy these!!!

In a nutshell all of you out there that are rating these will soon change your tune when something goes wrong with them...basically you need to do all the running about and chasing up because they clearly don't. You are just wasting your money be warned!!

Tasw
TaswCape Town

Do Not Buy

Tracey
TraceySydney, NSW

Didnt last 2 years

I was very happy using it and only Used it once a week for almost 2 years and then it had a burning smell and now doesn't work at all. Pretty disappointed when I purchased the original THE that lasted me over 5 years..

Worst experience

I bought a $300 Cloud Nine hair straightener and it just stopped working after I used it less than 5 times. It smelled like something got burned inside. Now it costs $ 90 to fix it. Not sure if I want to deal with them and definitely would not recommend.
Not the best investment and very embarrassing purchase.

Inna

Update: fortunately HairCare Australia got it fixed and returned quickly. There was a problem with 2 fuses which was $90 to replace plus the shipping cost.

CV88
CV88Bath

Terrible after care service - wish I stuck with my GHDs

Straightners have come apart and cracked after 10 months of use, there are lose wires sticking out and they are unusable. Sent them off for a repair and was advised to pay £50 to get them repaired! Even though I paid around £100 for them new! They then had the cheek to offer me £20 discount of a new pair!
This was from the Touch range. They worked very well previous to the wire issue, however hardly any difference if at all from my previous GHDs.
My previous GHDs were £150 new I had 2 free repairs and they latest me 4 years.
The cloud nines have great marketing but wish I hadn't wasted my money.

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron reviews

Brigitte van rhyn
Brigitte van rhynasked

My cloud nine is overheating? What could the problem???

Shonz
Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma
Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners