Cloud Nine Original Iron

• Hair Care
Mauzy

MauzySydney, NSW

Poor Quality

Purchased in June 2017 at Adore Beauty for $279.00.

They only last the warranty period

Good until they break and seems to be always after the warranty period ends ! I’ll never waste my money again ghd lasted me 6 years .. sad they make a product that lasts 2 year ish then they want you to buy again money makers

Disappointed that did not work just after just a year

I bought two cloud 9 original irons at the same time. Do not get me wrong it worked perfect. However, the first one broke just before my year guarantee and they sent me a new one. The second one broke just after my warranty and I was really disappointed that both irons was faulty just before and after the warranty. It is costly to replace and I cannot afford to purchase one every year.

2nd Pair Faulty - won't replace

Bought cloud 9 touch in June 2016 by march 2017 they had gone faulty constant beeping, so sent them off they so could not be fixed, so they kindly sent me a new pair which today have gone faulty sparking under the plate and constant beeping, I have contacted them and I have to buy a new pair! Had they repaired the first pair my warranty would have re-started the warranty from when they fixed them but because they sent me a new pair the warranty just continues so I am six days over warranty. I don't think it is right that 2 pairs have only lasted just 2 years, they are fantastic straighteners but would not recommend you buy as these don't last!!

Tamara

TamaraPerth

Stopped working after a year

Was happy in the beginning. Heated well and straightened nicely but after only a year started beeping and not heating up couldnt find my receipt and had to replace again went back to ghd

In the bin after using for 1 year

Purchased April 2016 after being recommended by my hairdresser, a few days ago started making an alarm noise, had a look on Internet to see what this was about, Cloud Nine offer a fixed repair for 29.99, only then to find that as my pair are the tap to turn on, they can't fix them, absolute rip of, have always used GHDs and since first using them 20 or so years ago only ever purchased 2 pairs, traded my last ones in,that were working perfectly well, as part of an offer for the cloud nine, they are now in the bin and I am away now to buy a good old reliable set of GHDs

Cloud nine original iron

Very dissatisfied with it, costing £140 it really is of a poor quality. Doesn't properly grip my hair and doesn't seem to straighten all the way to the ends so they are left rough to the touch and feeling like a burn sponge..or something. My old £44 Remington straightners are performing better!

Lasted 13 months

While operating, this straightener was great, but as soon as it was out of warranty it beeped for a few seconds and stopped working. I've never had a GHD breakdown. Won't buy a Cloud 9 again!

Celine

CelineBrisbane

Cloud 9 straightmer- very disappointed

I was really looking forward to owning cloud 9 and had high expectations. I purchased one two weeks ago and I am very disappointed. First of all the straightener looks cheap for the price you pay and I convinced myself looks can be deceiving and though ones I try straightening my hair I will change my mind, but no, I agree I have a bit frizzy hair but that's the point of getting such an expensive straightner. I was very upset that my hair wasn't straight. Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

waste of money

They were ok first few months then my hair just went frizzy with them
Terrible!!
Thought it was my hair but now I know it's these irons , I've a pair of Ghd I use for work there a good 9 years old

Disappointed

15 months after purchase and (like similar reviews here, where the irons have problems soon after the warranty period has expired), my cloud 9 started crackling and emitting an electrical burning smell. Customer service here in NZ tells me it's "Luck of the draw" as to whether you get irons that last for more than a year or not. Seriously?! It seems even cloud 9 representatives have little faith in their product. At $350 NZD I'd expect much better value for money. Very disappointed with customer care regarding this brand.

Ella S

Ella SSydney, NSW

Broke after one year

At first I was extremely impressed with the quality of my Cloud Nine straightener, however after a short period, it just stopped working. When I would plug it in and turn it on, a continuous beeping would along with a crackling noise would sound. It also stopped heating up. Very unimpressed considering my GHD has lasted me over 8 years and still works great to this day! Wouldn't recommend the Cloud Nine.

Oriana

OrianaPerth, WA

Cloud nine a huge let down!!!

I have had mine about 16 months today turned it on and it just started beeping constantly. Now wont work. I had a ghd before that lasted me 6 years would have been longer if my pulpy hadnt chewed the plate. I thought being from ghd creators would be better very disappointed.

AliJ

AliJHighlands

5 months on & Faulty

Could not fault how these worked at first but now 5 months on I have a faulty product, a continuous beeping when I plug them in which is unbearable. I'm now really disappointed in this brand & I've lost faith that they won't always be faults with my product. I've had to resort back to my old Strightoners another brand (they still work 7years on)

Ell

Ell

Cloud9 was good but stopped working within 16 months of owning it

The product itself was nice to use but it just doesn't last! I had my cloud 9 for less than a year & a half, around 15 months. It stopped working & just constantly beeps. For the price you pay you'd expect a much better product. As the original creator of GHD, I had high expectations & now feel quite let down.

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron reviews

Brigitte van rhyn

Brigitte van rhynasked

My cloud nine is overheating? What could the problem???

Shonz

Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma

Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners