Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

• Hair Length Medium (1) and Long (1)
  • Hair Style Wavy (1) and Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 17.5 minutes
  • Hair Care

Fantastic customer service

I had my cloud 9 iron for 3 years before it started sparking. Slightly out of warranty by 1 month, customer service team extended my warranty to replace my iron. 2 days later I received my order I also received a case and brush as a gift. Cat Johnson was taking care of my case , she was extremely helpful and for that I will happily be a returning client .

Purchased in November 2017 for $320.00.

Monica6753
Monica6753Pilbara, WA

It's great

I love how high or low I can set the heat, and it straighten very well better than my ghd, and it's faster too, I always use heat protectant spray on my hair before I use it, and it heats up fast

Purchased at eBay for $334.00.

Natasha
NatashaCampbelltown

I use it everyday

I bought the cloud nine hair straightener & I love it I use it everyday & I have curly thick hair & my hair comes out straight every time makes my hair feel so smooth & silky I even use it on my 5 year old daughters hair for occasions can curl hair with it too

Erin
ErinSydney

Just good..

I have long curly fizzy hair and I find that this straighter does the job to straighten to frizz however I have found since using my hair has become more oily. Also when straighting my hair gets caught in the plates every time and causes my hair to break. I know have fly aways which I did not have before so have started straight if bits at a time to avoid getting my hair caught which takes longer

Tayla M
Tayla MMelbourne

Good

Been using this straighter past 5 years, I have only had to buy a upgraded version once when it didn’t turn on.

tanya
tanyaPerth

Really happy with my Cloud Nine

Heats up within 20 seconds which is pretty fast and I am really happy with that. This iron is so easy to use and you get salon results at home! It leaves your hairs shiny and silky. I have seen a lot of hairdressers use this product too! its very very good buy!

Taylor
Taylor

Excellent at Straightening Curls

I bought this after using a Remington one for a long time and definitely noticed a difference in how my hair stayed straight for a lot longer than my old straightener. I would have to go over and over the same part of hair to get it dead straight, whereas this was quicker and easier to get it to that point. The price point is a bit rough and I have had a few issues with mine turning itself off when I'm in the middle of using it to straighten my whole head of hair, but other than that, I like that there are multiple heat settings and the curls you can get from using this instead of an actual curler are amazing!

Grace
Grace

Love this.

love my cloud 9! My first straighter was a GHD. I love the heat in the iron ansd its great for thick hair. I would like the heat hotter. I like the thicker iron betterr.

Brit
BritAyr

Good but not worth the price

Love this hair straightener i have had mine for approximately a yead now. I purchased mine when it was $330. Definitely NOT worth that price. Good hair straightener overall though- it turns off when its been left on too long.

Peejay
PeejayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handy for short hair

I’ve never had an iron before and was a bit apprehensive..but found it easy to use. My hair was lovely and smooth and I’m most impressed. Heating up only takes a minute or so. Cools down fast also. Would recommend,

Wonderwoman
WonderwomanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not bad

Heats up quickly, doesn't feel it makes it smooth as I want.
Can snags your hair at times.
It's easy to use
If temp is too high at 200 makes your hair feel dry at ends

Bev
BevCape town

Not long lasting

Very good product but never last for more then two years over heating making a beeping sound. I had to buy another one and had the same problem after two years.

Jen
JenAdelaide

Great product

This hair straightener works well. it does not seem to damage hair in the way other straighteners do. it heats up quickly. I have a cloud 9 hair curler that has lasted me years and years and this straighter will hopefully do the same.

Sarah
Sarah

The new GHD

For many people growing up in the early 2000s, the GHD was the premier straightening iron. I heard a rumour that the inventor of the GHD sold his shares and created Cloud Nine which is no surprise. While the GHD has floundered in the past few years, this straightening iron is amazing! So easy to use and I love being able to adjust the temperature- great for already damaged hair!

JRac
JRacGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sleek and perfect every time

Packaging is beautiful especially the bag for storage including clips and large brush.

The product itself is amazing! No matter what the weather condition as my hair tends to get frizzy, the Cloud9 is the best for short, long, curly or straight hair!

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron reviews

Brigitte van rhyn
Brigitte van rhynasked

My cloud nine is overheating? What could the problem???

Shonz
Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma
Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners