Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

• Hair Length Short (1), Medium (10) and Long (7)
  • Hair Style Straight (1), Wavy (13) and Curly (4)
  • Straightening Time 14.25 minutes
  • Hair Care
Alisha

AlishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the money

I have had my Cloud 9 straightener for just over 5 years and it is as good as the day I got it. It leaves my hair feeling silky and smooth, heats up quickly, and doesn’t pull or snag my hair like other straighteners do. I will definitely stick to Cloud 9 in future.

Purchased in October 2015.

Brooke

BrookeSydney, NSW

Outstanding Customer Service

Mikayla R.

Mikayla R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AMAZING. BeSt HaIR PrOdUcT iVe EvEr BoUgHt!!!!!

This product is the best hair product I have ever spent money on. 100% worth the purchase.
I recommend it to everyone.
The cloud Nine Original Hair Straightener takes seconds to heat up to max heat which does the job plus more. I have tried many hair straightening products and the Cloud Nine straightener is by far the best.
My hair has been bleached a number of times which has ruined my hair completely and it has definitely ruined my confidence as a woman :( My hair is dry, brittle, weak and frizzy, extremely disheartening.
This Cloud Nine straightener certainly makes my hair feel soft, smooth, silky and straight, and makes me feel like a confident woman after using this simple, easy and light weight product.

Purchased in June 2019 for $349.95.

monno

monnoSydney, NSW

best straightener ever

Having been thorough 2 ghd straighteners in only a few years as they both would just stop working I decided to try cloud 9 and have not been disappointed! Both the ghd ones stopped working for no reason and before that would pull hair and get it caught in the plates. This one I have had for about 5 years and have not had 1 problem. Doesnt pull hair and straightens my hair so fast and perfect. Love it! Now to get the wide one for my daughters extremely thick and wavy frizzy hair.

Purchased in August 2015 for $280.00.

Must Have! LOVE IT

Ghd had faulty chords and the plates wear out fast, I been ghd user since it come out then they sold the company and the quality of ghd wasn't the same. After using the cloud nine I'll never turn back. I have real curly hair which takes a long time to straighten my hair, I found with the cloud none it didn't take very long, use to take an hour now only takes 20mins and my hair doesn't looked dryer out and damaged after use of cloud nine would definitely recommend if you have afro or curly hair.

Purchased in July 2020 at Adore Beauty for $400.00.

Mirna

MirnaSydney, NSW

Perfection!

Absolutely in love with this straightener! It heats up quickly and makes straightening my hair so easy. I find that my hair is softer when I use this straightener as opposed to some of the other ones that I own.

It's also really easy to curl your hair with. The plates are really high quality and gentle on your hair. Had this for a few years now and it's still as good as when I got it. Great value and it is definitely worth the price. Everyone that I've recommended this to loves it as much as I do.

Purchased in January 2017 at eBay for $142.00.

Marnee

MarneeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Dream

10/10 would recommend. I'm useless at curling my hair with a straightener, but the cloud 9 is a dream with the tilting plates. Easy temp setting. Good size. I've had it for nearly a year and love it more everytime I use it. Will never go back.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $330.00.

Ellie Z.

Ellie Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best

- takes 5 minutes to straighten my hair. So perfect and it heats up so quickly!
- so easy to use, simply just section your hair and straighten the hair and it straightens in no time.

Purchased in March 2020 at Nine West for $280.00.

Ashleigh Broxton

Ashleigh BroxtonPerth, WA

Amazing!

I received the cloud 9 hair straightener for Christmas 2018 after being a GHD user for years and I’ll never go back. My hair always feel so smooth after use and it’s so quick and easy to use!

Jasmine

JasmineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Purchase 8 years still using!

My mum purchased these for me for my 21st birthday as a present, i am now 29 and i am still using these same hair straighteners, i was previously using ghd's but i find there so faulty at the chord that connects to the straighter i gave up on this brand, i am so glad i did the switch. will always recommend this brand to anyone who is looking for a long term reliable straighter that does the same as a ghd !

Purchased in November 2012 for $360.00.

Sam L

Sam LGold Coast

Perfect

Very fast to come up to operating temperature, easy to use and helps create a fantastic finish to the hair in one pass. Very very happy with this straightening iron.

AShlea

AShlea

Love the multi temp settings

So easy to use, lithe straightener heats in I ly a few seconds and I can adjust the temp mid way through use. Leaves my head feeling soft and smooth :)

Purchased in April 2018.

Sophie

SophiePerth, WA

The perfect straightener

Love this device! Use it for any hairstyle and I know I can get my hair looking amazing within minutes. I love the feature of choosing the heat so you won’t heat damage hair unnecessarily

Purchased in September 2017 at Oz Hair & Beauty for $220.00.

Jessica

JessicaPeel, WA

The best! So glad I switched to this

I'm in love!! Very quick to heat up, and I love the adjustable heat settings. My husband was also happy that it comes with a heat resistant cover to stop the benches from getting damaged. I can't believe how smooth and silky my hair feels after using it. And how quick it is for me to take my hair from frizzy to nice and straight.

Purchased in May 2019 at Adore Beauty for $279.00.

Joe

JoeCentral West, NSW

Best. Straightener. Ever.

The speed of this straightener is amazing. Not only does it heat up super quickly, but straightener hair takes two seconds. I am a hairdresser and I would use our Cloud Nine Iron 10 times a day at least, and I would not ever choose anything else!

Purchased in March 2016 for $299.00.

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron reviews

Brigitte van rhyn

Brigitte van rhynasked

My cloud nine is overheating? What could the problem???

Shonz

Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma

Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners