Cluey Learning

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cluey Learning

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Qiji
QijiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Totally a waste of money

I do not understand why there are so many good reviews, we have tried 3 cluey learning classes last year before the COVID19. And also we purchased a bundle of 5 classes, but we never used them. Do not waste your time and money on their program.

Mummacrz
MummacrzIllawarra, NSW

Tutors great, company disorganised

Started tutoring 1 on 1 first lesson ran smoothly. Not an issue with the tutor but after 1st lesson it's downhill from there. In 3 weeks my sons tutors been changed 3 times. No continuity of tutor.
The latest English tutor spent more than half her lesson navigating her own hub further frustrating the child. The teacher ended up making up a partial lesson as she couldn't access her resources. Then yet again another maths tutor..this one might be good however there is a massive issue with English language obviously being second language. My child tried very hard to not only understand the lesson but also understand the tutor.
In 4 weeks 4 maths tutors 3 English tutors.
All we wanted was continuity and at $80 per lesson I feel ripped off

Very Poor Customer service

Tutors are good, however they can cancel at any time. Trying to build a constant with one tutor seems impossible as random tutors can be allocated with very little notice. Once you want to contact Cluey with any needs it is impossible and the call centre staff are sub standard in dealing with requests, they fail to respond to messages and just make the whole experience difficult.

esther
esther

Woeful

I ended up cancelling after three sessions. Zero communication and a waste of time and money. The online system they use to teach kids is not user or kid friendly.

Not satisfied
Not satisfied South East Queensland, QLD

A different tutor every week

We are now in week 3 and we’ve had a different tutor each time. Constantly getting messages telling us that they cannot find a tutor and when they do get one, before our next session it has changed again! My child is twice exceptional (academically gifted and has a disability) and misses a lot of school due to medical needs, so needs consistency.

Ash J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Such a waste of time

Constantly chopping and changing tutors from one day to the next. There is no consistency or ability to build a relationship with the tutors. It’s just a money making machine where tutors run off scripted tasks

Ash J.

After 4 weeks of my daughters tutor ‘skipping’ sessions, I was then told she had resigned from Cluey. Cluey has matched me with a new tutor and offered me 2 free sessions as compensation. Will wait and see what happens

Review collected in partnership with Cluey Learning

Keysborough Man
Keysborough Man

Online Scammers- Stay Away!!!

Learning Material

Very focused on signing you up it's clear they aren't focused on the child

No response to feedback given. Just more about clarifying for the next session says a lot about the priorities of clueylearning. I'd say it's much more about money learning than anything smart.

Ron
RonPerth, WA

After one month of permanent cancelation they want to start charging me again!

I’ve canceled the sessions for my son over a month ago, just got a reminder that the sessions will start next week and my credit card will be charged! Would not recommend them at all. Not reliable, look somewhere else for your tutoring requirements.

Mattigan
MattiganSydney, NSW

Disgraceful customer service

While Cluey Learning provides good tutors their customer service and organisation is absolutely disgraceful. Emails are not replied to and when they are they are not read correctly. I had my session cancelled although I did not request this. When the tutor changes there is no correspondence to let you know.

A good product does not make a bad customer service experience acceptable. This has now happened several times. They appear to have no idea what they are doing.

Not helpful at all

Teaching is not helpful at all. Inefficient compared to face to face coaching especially for young kids. It may not obvious at the beginning. Do not waste your time and money.

Kelly
Kelly Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can be improved

The tutors were fantastic and the concept on being online great however this is a very disorganised, poorly communicated service. The amount of time spent on the phone to different people, being transferred to different people and mix up's was so much time wasted that we finished in the end unfortunately. It would be great to be able to communicate directly with the tutors then having to go through a third person.

Jodi S.
Jodi S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute harassment and unprofessional

I enquired as to what services the company could provide for my child's specific circumstances, asking to be sent something via email. In response I received a phone call every day for two weeks which I missed because I was home schooling. I then received a text from Cluey Learning that read 'Do you want my help or not'. So rude. The consultant I had the initial response was from [Name Removed]. Be careful of this company. If you try to call back the call cuts off during the automated message.

Duncan J.Cluey Learning

I continue getting emails from you, no one answering my phone or email. My opinion is you are good for nothing

Not sure what do you want to know. You are not responding call or email. I solved this problem with unsubscribe you. Again you are good for nothing for me.

Platform unstable for the price we pay - not cheap

Amazing
Amazingasked

I need help with teaching and the curriculum, which as a mother I am finding it extremely difficult to understand. We are educated parents but have no clue how acara works. Can someone help me with my queries? I would like to first lay a strong foundation and know the curriculum well before my daughter proceed with the learning part. Can you please please advise me?

San

Hi San,

The curriculum is definitely a lot of work to understand. While the Australian Curriculum is applicable across the country for students in Years F–10, with subtle variations in each state and territory, the state and territory curricula for Years 11 and 12 are quite different.

I can see you're in Sydney - you can learn more about the NSW version of the curriculum here: https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/k-10/understanding-the-curriculum/curriculum-syllabuses-NSW

There is also a helpful guide for parents from ACARA here: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/media/6517/the_australian_curriculum_an_overview_for_parents.pdf

Thanks,
Cluey

Fiona
Fionaasked

My daughter has missed a lot of school for health reasons & it has very noticeably left many gaps in her learning. As much as the teachers try to help & send work home, her confidence is at an all time low. She is in her last year of school & is struggling with Maths & English. Two core subjects. Is it too much to expect a tutor to be able to "pick up the pieces" sufficiently so she passes this most important year?

Hi Fiona,

No it's not too much to expect a tutor to pick up the pieces and help her improve confidence in both subjects.

We would recommend private, 1-to-1 sessions where she can work through concepts at her own speed. This will allow her to move ahead at the areas she's excelling at whilst giving any parts she is struggling with the focus + attention that is required. Our tutors are patient, friendly and can adapt and personalise how they teach based on the student.

We would love to discuss how we can help so please give one of our Learning Advisors a quick call on 1300 182 000 and we'll let you know pricing + answer any other questions you have.

Thanks,