Cluey Learning

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cluey Learning

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Cluey is great in theory, but our experience has been both positive and negative.

We have 2 children enrolled in Cluey. Our experience with one has been far better than the other. Our 9 yo has had 4 different tutors due to no shows (2 sessions in a row) and then tutors leaving. Consistency is really important to us and we haven't experienced that yet. Our 13 yo has had a better experience, but as we have only been using them for about 8 weeks, we are yet to see whether there has been any tangible impact on their learning.

Mummacrz
MummacrzIllawarra, NSW

Tutors great, company disorganised

Started tutoring 1 on 1 first lesson ran smoothly. Not an issue with the tutor but after 1st lesson it's downhill from there. In 3 weeks my sons tutors been changed 3 times. No continuity of tutor.
The latest English tutor spent more than half her lesson navigating her own hub further frustrating the child. The teacher ended up making up a partial lesson as she couldn't access her resources. Then yet again another maths tutor..this one might be good however there is a massive issue with English language obviously being second language. My child tried very hard to not only understand the lesson but also understand the tutor.
In 4 weeks 4 maths tutors 3 English tutors.
All we wanted was continuity and at $80 per lesson I feel ripped off

Teaching Staff

It's ok, little expensive.

The tutor does a great job, has a great knowledge. The back end booking system, is not the best, and poor at following through with change requests and booking additional sessions, could do with improving.

Not satisfied
Not satisfied South East Queensland, QLD

A different tutor every week

We are now in week 3 and we’ve had a different tutor each time. Constantly getting messages telling us that they cannot find a tutor and when they do get one, before our next session it has changed again! My child is twice exceptional (academically gifted and has a disability) and misses a lot of school due to medical needs, so needs consistency.

Learning Material
Education & Training Services

Find out how Cluey Learning compares to other Education & Training Services

NehA
NehASydney, NSW

Great sessions with great flexibility

My child does Cluey English. The selected tutors are extremely engaging and teach well. There is great flexibility in being able to change session times and days, up until a few days in advance. It is expensive for the reasons above. Support staff are variable.

Learning Material

Kelly
Kelly Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can be improved

The tutors were fantastic and the concept on being online great however this is a very disorganised, poorly communicated service. The amount of time spent on the phone to different people, being transferred to different people and mix up's was so much time wasted that we finished in the end unfortunately. It would be great to be able to communicate directly with the tutors then having to go through a third person.

Duncan J.Cluey Learning

I continue getting emails from you, no one answering my phone or email. My opinion is you are good for nothing

Not sure what do you want to know. You are not responding call or email. I solved this problem with unsubscribe you. Again you are good for nothing for me.

Platform unstable for the price we pay - not cheap

Duncan J.Cluey Learning

So far so good, if there is practising worksheet after each session for Maths might be better.

Good, tutor nice and patience.

For English, if they can have list of words to remember or other basic knowledge improvement will better.

Maths would like have some practising worksheet after each session.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Cluey Learning compares to other Education & Training Services

Amazing
Amazingasked

I need help with teaching and the curriculum, which as a mother I am finding it extremely difficult to understand. We are educated parents but have no clue how acara works. Can someone help me with my queries? I would like to first lay a strong foundation and know the curriculum well before my daughter proceed with the learning part. Can you please please advise me?

San

Hi San,

The curriculum is definitely a lot of work to understand. While the Australian Curriculum is applicable across the country for students in Years F–10, with subtle variations in each state and territory, the state and territory curricula for Years 11 and 12 are quite different.

I can see you're in Sydney - you can learn more about the NSW version of the curriculum here: https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/k-10/understanding-the-curriculum/curriculum-syllabuses-NSW

There is also a helpful guide for parents from ACARA here: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/media/6517/the_australian_curriculum_an_overview_for_parents.pdf

Thanks,
Cluey

Fiona
Fionaasked

My daughter has missed a lot of school for health reasons & it has very noticeably left many gaps in her learning. As much as the teachers try to help & send work home, her confidence is at an all time low. She is in her last year of school & is struggling with Maths & English. Two core subjects. Is it too much to expect a tutor to be able to "pick up the pieces" sufficiently so she passes this most important year?

Hi Fiona,

No it's not too much to expect a tutor to pick up the pieces and help her improve confidence in both subjects.

We would recommend private, 1-to-1 sessions where she can work through concepts at her own speed. This will allow her to move ahead at the areas she's excelling at whilst giving any parts she is struggling with the focus + attention that is required. Our tutors are patient, friendly and can adapt and personalise how they teach based on the student.

We would love to discuss how we can help so please give one of our Learning Advisors a quick call on 1300 182 000 and we'll let you know pricing + answer any other questions you have.

Thanks,