CMC Markets

CMC Markets (page 2 of 2)

Robyn

Robyn

Be careful.

Rude and arrogant customer service.

Similar experience to others here. Call up for assistance and only get very unfriendly, somewhat arrogant customer service using catch phrases like "anything else I can help with?" when they havent finished sorting out my problem. This is giving me the impression they just want to hang up asap. I'm still trying to get my account going after a full week. I think Monday I'll just shut it down and move on. The kids they get to man the phones are just rude and unhelpful.

Prepare to wait agonising minutes for orders to execute

Several times I have placed an order and nothing has happened for a good 5-10 minutes. Ridiculous. Customer service response was something like 'we can't see any problem at our end, did you try f5 (refresh)'. In fact I was watching through another platform as well as CMC - so, no, I'm not a complete idiot, thanks, CMC.

Also, if one of the shares in your portfolio hasn't traded THAT DAY, then the value is, apparently, $0. Software gore.

Interface is usable but very budget/no frills. Depth is only available next to the order ticket. Use this provider if you want to save a few dollars per trade, but lose thousands as your order executes a good many heartbeats after you actually click the button.

Online Forex / Share Trading Services

Find out how CMC Markets compares to other Online Forex / Share Trading Services

KitschWitch

KitschWitchSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great platform for trading shares

I haven't used CMC's CFD platform (which is separate). I've used the share-trading platform for about 2 years, and made ~100 trades. I've also used CommSec, OptionsExpress (now Charles Schwab) and BoomEx (overseas platform). I much prefer CMC to any of these. The layout is clear, charting facility is good and the fees are reasonable ($11 per trade, or $9.90 if you trade more than 5(?) times/month (and lower for more frequent traders).

I don't pay the extra for live data, and can therefore only see the first 5 bids and asks in the OB.

I've only needed help from Support twice, and each time was quick and easy.

And I don't use the platform for crypto trading--a dedicated crypto platform is better for most people.

Bronwyn

BronwynGold Coast

Gave up after 3 weeks of trying to open an account

I opened an account online, 3 weeks ago, however submitted all the required documentation, however after 3 weeks of email follow ups asking on progress updates I have given up and emailed today to withdraw my application. They did reply advising that their back office was very busy, however I find this unacceptable. I have chosen to use Bell and my account is up and running already.

Anura

AnuraSydney

Be very careful if you value privacy

I had a similar experience to Phil's, and wasted no time in transferring to another service provider. It was not possible to login to the ex-ANZ, now CMC Markets, platform without agreeing to their Terms and Conditions. These were arrogant and open-ended. That is, even if I could cop them as written now, CMC Markets reserved the right to change them at any time without my approval. Who would, or should, agree to that?

CMC Markets - You're being played!

ANZ -> CMC Move

Online Forex / Share Trading Services

Shawna Woods

Shawna WoodsCanberra

Very Happy!

Excellent customer service and the website is very professional & user friendly, They have a demo account to get used to the features and a support team to walk you through it over the phone. My only minor complaint is if one decides to trade crypto currencies, they only support Bitcoin and Etherium, would be nice to have more choices.

Damo

DamoBrisbane

CMC - worst customer service encountered

The worst customer service I have encountered. Rude, unhelpful and arrogant. Moved my business to CommSec and couldn't be happier as CommSec service is excellent in helping to set up the account and for ongoing trading