Code Camp (page 3 of 35)

• Learning Material

Dhara

DharaSydney, NSW

This was enjoyable

Diya was very happy with the camp and she is showing more interest in coding now.
She is lookIng forward for the net one.please keep is posted for the next one.

Mery

MeryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My child loves it!

My child loves the code camp so much that she would get upset if I picked her up too early. She wanted to stay back so she could keep going with her coding.

SLM

SLMHunter Region, NSW

Great experience

My 8 year old absolutely loved it. The teachers were lovely and it was hard to drag her away each afternoon.
The fact that she can still code after the camp has finished is brilliant and she is already counting down the days until the next one.

Great learning experience

My daughter happily chatted away to me each afternoon letting me know what had happened at code camp -and the converation starters sent to me each day by Code camp really assisted with this.
It sounds like she has really improved her level of confidence with coding

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great experience for my child

My daughter loved coming to Code Camp and wants to do it again. She is keen to show her app to friends and has gained an interest in coding and good experience interacting with others.

JSG

JSGSydney, NSW

She loved it! Can’t wait til next time!

Great introduction to coding! Well targeted to the age group. Kids were very excited to demonstrate their games at home and show us their coding skills. Great that they can continue to access and use the program outside the course time.

kate

kateSydney, NSW

fantastic experience

First time booked boys into the course, absolutely loved it. The boys enjoyed it so much, as soon as I picked them up, they wanted to tell me what they have learnt and how much fun they had. Couldn't wait for the next camp. Only wish they have more days, 3 days is too short. :) Very educational and a bit challenge for the kids. Coding will be the future tech, so definitely worth getting your kids equipped with this skill.

Great for kids!

My girls came home buzzing each day excited to show me what they had learnt and achieved! This is the second course they’ve done and they want to do more coding now. A really fun and rewarding experience for them.

NCava

NCavaMelbourne

Win win situation

This is the third time my son has attended Code Camp and it is a win win situation for us both. He gets to learn new skills in a safe and friendly environment and I can leave him knowing that he will be cared for and supervised by the Code Camp staff. Another bonus is that by the end of the three days, he has created something that he can be proud of and share with others. The Code Camp staff also keep the parents in the loop with daily emails with photos and updates about what the kids have been doing. I have been very satisfied with the program and would recommend it to others.

Alexandra

Alexandra

Fun and educational

My son loved both the Spark and Ignite coding camps and was really positive about both coding and learning java script. He learnt a lot and had fun at the same time!

Alison

AlisonSydney, NSW

Kids learning and having fun - nailed it!

My son enjoyed his two days at code camp, friends and family impressed with the game he developed. I think it would help to have some optional "extra challenging" activities for those kids that are more advance in their age group.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unexpected - He had so much fun!

My son was wary about attending initially. He wasn't sure what to expect and he didn't know anyone else attending. After his first day he said it was 'AWESOME'! He couldn't wait to go back the following days and has already asked when he can go again. The staff were incredibly helpful and supportive. I couldn't recommend Cod Camp more highly.

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Awesome camp

My child really seemed to absorb a lot of information! He thoroughly enjoyed it- providing him with a great outlet. He produced a great game and has been playing with it at home and showing it off to others. He also made some nice friends in the mean time!

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

It was perfect and my son loved every minute of it !

Teaching seems to have been very clear and concise as even though it was my sons first time, he picked up really fast and he was so excited each day to be a part of the camp. He keeps saying he can’t wait to go for next code camp!

Sarah

SarahSydney, NSW

Fantastic option for the school holidays

My child was challenged and guided and encouraged - and he came out with a great result - a 3D game that he is excited to continue developing. This is the second course we've registered in, and there will definitely be more registrations to come.

Loved it!

This was my 7 year old son's first code camp and he loved the experience! He was super excited each afternoon to tell us what he had learnt and couldn't wait to go back each morning. I definitely think he will be asking us if he can go back next year!

Sandy

SandyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hugo Loved the code camp

He's told all his friends and is very proud of the game he has created and shared.
Each day he learned more things and he did more at home, becoming more and more confident in his skills which for a just 7 year old I was very impressed.
He is extremely keen to do the next course and his older sister wants to come as well, so do a number of his mates.

JessNorthside

JessNorthsideGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We LOVE code camp

My 8-year-old has completed 3 summer code camps and loves them. This year his 5yo little brother joined in and it's fair to say they are both hooked. Great summer activity and a nice way to get kids to understand and be excited about learning this important skill.

Love Code Camp

This is the second Code Camp for my 6 year old. He talked about going again for a whole year and loved every minute of learning to build a game and code. He wanted to be first to arrive and last to leave every day!!

Coding is a second language every kid should be learning and I can wholeheartedly recommend Code Camp

Tomiko

TomikoSydney, NSW

My son enjoyed game making

My 9 year old son loved Spark at the Code Camp. He made a game that is difficult to complete, and he dreams of making something more difficult. He has been given ongoing access to Code Camp World for 1 year and he can continue coding at home. First I thought it was more expensive than other school holiday activities, but the teacher motivated my son so much. It was worth it after all.

Alissaasked

Hi, I am considering enrolling my 5 1/2 into the coding course at Newcastle Grammar. He can be a little shy around kids he doesn’t know and quiet in big groups. I was just wondering if a course like this would be good for him and how many have booked for the 16 & 17 course and if there were any boys booked in?

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, thanks so much for getting in touch. Our Little Heroes camp is designed to get kids working together in teams to solve fun coding problems. We often find that kids who are shy will walk away with new friends and a newfound love of coding :) Little Heroes tends to have a 50/50 male/female ratio so that won't be an issue either. Thanks, Josh

Alissa

Ok great it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have many spots left for the 16 & 17?

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, we still have good availability for those dates in Newcastle. We expect this will sell out nearer the time though :)

isayBB

isayBBasked

Our girl is 5 1/2, she is a little shy and need some time to adjust to strangers, especially with boys. We would really love to send her to your January Glen Waverley VIC program. Are there any similar aged girls enrolled in the program? Many thanks

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi there! Thank you for getting in touch. Our Wesley Glen Waverley location is always a popular choice. It looks as though there is a good mix of boys and girls currently enrolled in Spark next week :)

Thanks again,
Josh

SEK

SEKasked

Hello
How many hours per day is the Spark camp and at what times?
Sallie

danaK
danaK

It was drop off between 8.30-9 and pick up between 3-4

Kym
Kym

I think it is 2 days and generally goes from 9am to 3.30pm. That is the case for Burgmann code camps

Hi Sallie!

Thanks for reaching out. Our camps run from 9am (with drop-off from 8.30) to 3.30pm (with pick-up until 4pm).

Kids also get 30 minutes recess in the morning and an hour for lunch where they can play outside and grab something to eat.

Thanks,