4.9

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Alison

AlisonSydney, NSW

Great education - but is the medal really necessary

Hi Code camp,
My daughter had a great time at code camp and she has asked to go again.
But as a committed environmentalist I can't say I am a big fan of the gold medal she received. The code camp hat has some value (although I already have plenty of hats). But why do we have to keep giving children medals and trophies for participation. Good old fashioned certificate (on recyclable paper) would be reward enough.

Darryl

DarrylSydney, NSW

great three days for the kids

Had two children attend the course over the three days. Both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was starter course so content was right and good outcome of the course was their own app.

Wonderful programme

My 8 year old son loved his time at Code Camp, the teachers were so friendly, welcoming and supportive. The programme was extremely well organised - a very slick operation! The merchandise is a nice touch - my son wore his Code Camp hat was worn constantly for the 3 days of camp and he was absolutely thrilled with his medal and certificate on the last day. Only suggestion would be to have some activities that foster connection between the kids in addition to the actual coding work - my son said the kids were a bit unfriendly and I wonder if some group activities in break times might have helped to build some friendships, which would have made the camp absolutely perfect.

Vinod

VinodSouth West, WA

Animation fun

My child came back each day excited. It was great to see. She would definitely like to do it again. Well done team and see you next term. Layla P.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Fun and engaging while learning a new skill

Coding was drag and drop but level build up was a good lesson for my ms10. Very organised for drop off and pick up and managed well during the day. Loved the daily e-mails about what they were learning and what to ask my child about her day.

Helen

HelenSydney, NSW

Very happy kids !!

My son and his friend attended the Kensington PS 3 day Spark course and had an amazing time. They came home so enthused and really excited to show off what they had done.. A great three days... very happy and engaged kids

Jenny

Jenny

Quite satisfied

The place for class is still easy to find, and the teacher is very friendly, but when picking her up after class, she always sits outside alone, and the teacher sits in the classroom, which feels very strange。
In addition, I still don’t know how to use the government’s Creative vocher online.

Moira

MoiraSydney, NSW

School Holiday Fun

My 8YO son thoroughly enjoyed the 3 days. He was able to make his own game step by step and then ultimately made it into an App for his phone. He can't wait until the next course.

Tracy

TracyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great camp

I think that it was fun. I would recommend it to other people. I don't like the eating space. We have to share it with other people. I would give it 4 stars.

Dhara

DharaSydney, NSW

This was enjoyable

Diya was very happy with the camp and she is showing more interest in coding now.
She is lookIng forward for the net one.please keep is posted for the next one.

Alison

AlisonSydney, NSW

Kids learning and having fun - nailed it!

My son enjoyed his two days at code camp, friends and family impressed with the game he developed. I think it would help to have some optional "extra challenging" activities for those kids that are more advance in their age group.

Vicky C

Vicky CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

He was so proud of his game!

My son really enjoyed CodeCamp. He's very into online games so creating his own game was right up alley. He found learning how to build the game really interesting, and gaining new skills.

Wayne

WayneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Code Camp Results.

Henry said that he had difficulty keeping up with the teacher's typing speed but the course material was appropriate and what was expected. He was very happy with the course.

Our. Hold ten enjoyed the Code Canp very much

We were happy with the course which our 2 children took for 3 days. The children were asked to complete written feedback including about parent’s occupations which we felt was strange ... otherwise happy.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

School holiday program kids love

I was very satisfied with the teaching and introductory level of information. My kids enjoyed it but where not overwhelmed. They are keen to do the next class now and challenge themselves a bit more.

Engaging and purposeful

Lots to learn and engaging. Great to have a purposeful school holiday activity. It can be hard for 9 year olds to concentrate for 3 days straight though! My son really loved it.

Flexibility appreciated

My child enjoyed her 2nd and 3rd days. The 1st day saw my child in a level below their abilities and on arrival on the 2nd day they moved her to a more advanced level.

Code Camp Review

As a first time attendee our son had a great time and in his own words the camp was 'Awesome'.
We will be encouraging other parents to try the code camp.

This is amazing...

My son Arash first time attended at the code camp. He truly enjoyed the days. He loved to show us his job. It's a wonderful program.
Love to join next year also...

Crystal

CrystalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good experience

The teachers seem very young. Would it be possible to get someone who is more experienced? The class have kids from an age range for year 1 to year 5. Would be better if the class is more targeted towards certain age

Andrew T.

Andrew T.asked

Hi, we are booked into the Animation Camp at St Andrews for 5/6 January and have requested a refund multiple times in the last 2 weeks (via email and chat on the CodeCamp website) due to covid lockdown on Northern Beaches. To date I have received no response whatsoever from anyone at CodeCamp. Could someone please help. Happy to provide booking reference etc when not via a public forum. Many thanks, Andrew Tait

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Andrew, apologies for the delay here on Product Review. I can see that the team replied and processed a full credit on January 4. Please feel free to reach out via email (hello@codecamp.com.au) if any follow-up questions. Many thanks. Ben

3gamesters123

3gamesters123asked

Do you need to have done spark or ignite before you do this camp. (even if you have prior experience from another provider?)

Melinda
Melinda

The description says you do but the latest description I read of ignite said "unless you have heaps of outside experience". Best to call and confirm.

Alissaasked

Hi, I am considering enrolling my 5 1/2 into the coding course at Newcastle Grammar. He can be a little shy around kids he doesn’t know and quiet in big groups. I was just wondering if a course like this would be good for him and how many have booked for the 16 & 17 course and if there were any boys booked in?

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, thanks so much for getting in touch. Our Little Heroes camp is designed to get kids working together in teams to solve fun coding problems. We often find that kids who are shy will walk away with new friends and a newfound love of coding :) Little Heroes tends to have a 50/50 male/female ratio so that won't be an issue either. Thanks, Josh

Alissa

Ok great it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have many spots left for the 16 & 17?

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, we still have good availability for those dates in Newcastle. We expect this will sell out nearer the time though :)

Get an answer from our members and Code Camp representatives