Code Camp (page 3 of 33)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Alison
AlisonSydney, NSW

Great education - but is the medal really necessary

Hi Code camp,
My daughter had a great time at code camp and she has asked to go again.
But as a committed environmentalist I can't say I am a big fan of the gold medal she received. The code camp hat has some value (although I already have plenty of hats). But why do we have to keep giving children medals and trophies for participation. Good old fashioned certificate (on recyclable paper) would be reward enough.

Henry
HenryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Springboard your child's future with CodeCamp

My 9 year old son loved the YouTube Creators course as the curriculum and pace over 3 days was perfect. The teaching by the instructors were easy to follow and most importantly - lots of fun! This course was what he was looking for as he wanted something that would give him the confidence of launching his own YouTube channel. He is so excited that I have signed him up for another CodeCamp programme next week!

Angela
AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Code Camp!

Zara had a ball! She enjoyed the small classes and excellent teaching! Thank you for giving her such a fun and educational experience in a fun and enjoyable environment. She'll be back!

Amber
AmberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommended even for shy kids

My son loved every part of this course. There was a good degree of challenge to make him feel accomplished when he'd completed it. He will be back again. Thank you!

Mark and Putty
Mark and PuttySydney, NSW

My son loved Code Camp-A LOT!

The challenges were wonderful and the guidance to create his own game was inspiring. The staff were friendly and approachable, and the day was balanced for maximum enjoyment and achievement.

Stuart
StuartCanberra 2600, ACT

What a great concept. Learning while playing.

My daughter would greet me at the end of each code camp day, full of energy and enthusiasm. I asked her what she did. "Played games" was the answer. Over three days at code camp, while "playing", my daughter learned to do things that simply didn't exist when I was young. Today, she proudly showed me the finished game. A great moment for the whole family. She's already looking forward to her next adventure at Code Camp.

Tracey
TraceyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My child LOVED this experience!

My nearly-12 year old LOVED Code Camp. Unprompted, he thanked me several times for arranging it, and told me all about it. Terrific staff, program outstanding, easy on working parents!

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Very good experience for kid to learn new things!

We join the school holiday camps late, but very easy process for enrollment. Kid really enjoy it ! We do not know the daily learning details, but positive feedback from my son

Darryl
DarrylSydney, NSW

great three days for the kids

Had two children attend the course over the three days. Both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was starter course so content was right and good outcome of the course was their own app.

Georgina
GeorginaSydney, NSW

Give the kids a ‘spark’

Our kids (boy aged 8, girl aged 10) have both loved their first code camp program ‘Spark’ and each day they were so excited to chat about what they had learnt and created. It has given them new found appreciation for the coding that goes into the games they enjoy playing

Ann
AnnPeel, WA

High quality program

I enrolled my 8 yr old in this program. He was incredibly motivated at the onset. Overall, it seemed that the content was digestible and he seemed to be on par with the rest of his group. The communication from program directors was a very nice surprise. They were very organised, started and finished on time, answered any queries immediately, and structured the date appropriately.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Looking forward to July holidays!

My daughter had such a great time and learnt a lot of new skills. She also loved the teachers and made new friends. She has already asked to go back next holidays.

Shreya
ShreyaSydney, NSW

Amazing!!!!

Kudos to Code camp team!!! It was very well organised. My son enjoyed the program. It was very informative and also he started practising at home. He would love to attend more classes if organised in future.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Thank you for making my daughter happy and keen to learn

Back in Code Camp after school class is a good sign of my kid's life is turning back to normal after the distressful 2020. She is so happy and super excited just after the first class at Derrimut primary school. Wonderful to see how she completes all other homework to find time to practice what she learns at after-school class-Code Camp. The course content is super attractive to her and she loves the teaching style of the headteacher!
She loves the other teacher too.
Thank you for bringing back this amazing program for our kids.

Well worth it!

My very shy 9yo loved the YouTube creators class at Code Camp, despite an initial reluctance to attend. The programme was really well organised with excellent communication to parents on course content and daily activities, the course was engaging for the kids and the outcome (a slick YouTube video creation) was amazing!

Wonderful programme

My 8 year old son loved his time at Code Camp, the teachers were so friendly, welcoming and supportive. The programme was extremely well organised - a very slick operation! The merchandise is a nice touch - my son wore his Code Camp hat was worn constantly for the 3 days of camp and he was absolutely thrilled with his medal and certificate on the last day. Only suggestion would be to have some activities that foster connection between the kids in addition to the actual coding work - my son said the kids were a bit unfriendly and I wonder if some group activities in break times might have helped to build some friendships, which would have made the camp absolutely perfect.

Vinod
VinodSouth West, WA

Animation fun

My child came back each day excited. It was great to see. She would definitely like to do it again. Well done team and see you next term. Layla P.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

The best camp this summer

My little one learned a lot in code camp and I am going to enroll him in the after school activities as well. Definitely will suggest my friend to go!

Ainsley
Ainsley

Loved It

My son absolutely loved the course. He found the teachers friendly and approachable and the content was interesting and easy to learn. Highly recommend. Will definitely attend more courses in future

Kinjal
KinjalSydney, NSW

Best Camp for Kids!

My Child loved how easy yet informative the 3 days learning was .Exact words from her : It was cool and Fun, can you send to code camp for all school holidays :)

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Amazing, Fun and Relevant!!

Very happy with the Spark school holidays program. Can’t believe they built an actual game in 3 days! The instructors were friendly, professional and provided daily feedback on progress. Hooked!

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Great course for young aspiring Djs!

My daughter and son had lots of fun at the 2 days dj camp. They learnt the techniques to make the most out of the dj board they got for Christmas. At home we’re enjoying the music created by all the young djs at the camp.
Highly recommend this camp for creative kids who love music

Janey C
Janey CSydney, NSW

Loved everything about Code Camp

My son had such a great time! We are able to play the game he created and it is so amazing to see. With daily communication regarding what they do as well as what we can ask our children, it is such a great program! Highly recommended!

Awesome!

My 7yo daughter did the animation program and loved it. She’s now finding new uses for her toys by making films. She considers the story line, backdrop, music, puts it altogether and edits. She is looking forward to returning.

Tara
TaraSydney, NSW

My 12 year old loved it!

We weren’t sure whether my 12 yo would be too old and advanced for this course as he has taught himself python and has attended other Code Camp courses but he loved the Web Builder course.

Andrew T.
Andrew T.asked

Hi, we are booked into the Animation Camp at St Andrews for 5/6 January and have requested a refund multiple times in the last 2 weeks (via email and chat on the CodeCamp website) due to covid lockdown on Northern Beaches. To date I have received no response whatsoever from anyone at CodeCamp. Could someone please help. Happy to provide booking reference etc when not via a public forum. Many thanks, Andrew Tait

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Andrew, apologies for the delay here on Product Review. I can see that the team replied and processed a full credit on January 4. Please feel free to reach out via email (hello@codecamp.com.au) if any follow-up questions. Many thanks. Ben

3gamesters123
3gamesters123asked

Do you need to have done spark or ignite before you do this camp. (even if you have prior experience from another provider?)

Melinda
Melinda

The description says you do but the latest description I read of ignite said "unless you have heaps of outside experience". Best to call and confirm.

Alissaasked

Hi, I am considering enrolling my 5 1/2 into the coding course at Newcastle Grammar. He can be a little shy around kids he doesn’t know and quiet in big groups. I was just wondering if a course like this would be good for him and how many have booked for the 16 & 17 course and if there were any boys booked in?

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, thanks so much for getting in touch. Our Little Heroes camp is designed to get kids working together in teams to solve fun coding problems. We often find that kids who are shy will walk away with new friends and a newfound love of coding :) Little Heroes tends to have a 50/50 male/female ratio so that won't be an issue either. Thanks, Josh

Alissa

Ok great it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have many spots left for the 16 & 17?

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, we still have good availability for those dates in Newcastle. We expect this will sell out nearer the time though :)

Get an answer from our members and Code Camp representatives