Code Camp (page 4 of 37)

• Learning Material

Moira

MoiraSydney, NSW

School Holiday Fun

My 8YO son thoroughly enjoyed the 3 days. He was able to make his own game step by step and then ultimately made it into an App for his phone. He can't wait until the next course.

Fraser

FraserSydney, NSW

Wasn't very good this time.

On the first day we went back over what we had already done in Spark so it felt like just filling time with what we've done before. Then the next day code camp wasn't working in the afternoon and we had to fill in time playing games.

Chanson

ChansonSydney, NSW

Very good

This is the best coding experience I had for my life! The materials were good and the coding was super fun with the comprehensive functions to code for the game that we made at code camp during the three days. It was so fun!

Megan

MeganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic

My son thoroughly enjoyed Code Camp. He couldn't wait to show us his App and even work on it each evening. His teacher, Lachlan, was a huge hit. my son had nothing but positive things to say about his experience over the three days.

Michelle

MichelleVictoria

Thank you !

Thank you ! Ethan had a fantastic time at Code Camp and has produced a professional website he can be proud of ...his coding knowledge and enjoyment of coding has gone from strength to strength over the three camps he has attended .

Andrew Tymms

Andrew TymmsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Our 3 boys " simply love code camp "

Our triplet boys have been going to code camp for 4 years now. They come home with a smile and a drive to create an app or a website. We are always impressed with the program and the dynamic young people that facilitate the learning . The costs do add up over the years but when comparing to other holiday programs code camp wins hands down.

Samantha

SamanthaSydney, NSW

Kids loved it!

My son was tentative about going at first but he did enjoy his time everyday. The communication between code camp and myself has been excellent. Well done. I’m sure my boys will want to do the next course offered.

Mum

MumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great course.

He was very happy with the teacher and they way it was taught. He seemed to understand what was being shown and how to code for future games. He did have a couple of errors which when the teachers showed him how to solve them he said he could fix them if he did it again. We are both looking forward to him completing the next course.

Seka

SekaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Outstanding facilitators

Outstanding facilitators & very friendly and caring staff. This was our 2nd camp - 100% recommend it for any kids, regardless of coding experience. My child had a huge amount of questions answered and thought the instructor was probably the best teacher he has ever had.

Great Camp!

My son loved his 3 day coding camp experience ! Each day he came home excited to tell me what he had created in his “very own game, designed by him.” He was incredibly proud to be taught the skills behind the creation of a 2D game and have his very own buildable game.

Flip

FlipGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had a lot of fun while learning!

Griffin really enjoyed talking to the teachers, who he said were really smart and knowledgable about games. He thought the course was hard, but not too hard, so he felt challenged but not frustrated.

He came home every day excited about his app, and really enjoyed the camp (even though he wasn't sure if he would)!

Archana

ArchanaSydney, NSW

My daughter loved it so much!

We heard about it from a friend. I am so glad we put my child in it too. We are looking forward to doing it the next season. What a fun way to learning:)

Tracy

TracyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great camp

I think that it was fun. I would recommend it to other people. I don't like the eating space. We have to share it with other people. I would give it 4 stars.

Secret

SecretNEUTRAL BAY

Great holiday program for every kid

At the Chatswood location the staff were really amazing. My son found the program great, he attendes 5 CodeCamps already and still loving it. He is a special needs kid, most camps struggle to cater for him, but CodeCamp has been great and really accommodating so far!

Dhara

DharaSydney, NSW

This was enjoyable

Diya was very happy with the camp and she is showing more interest in coding now.
She is lookIng forward for the net one.please keep is posted for the next one.

Mery

MeryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My child loves it!

My child loves the code camp so much that she would get upset if I picked her up too early. She wanted to stay back so she could keep going with her coding.

SLM

SLMHunter Region, NSW

Great experience

My 8 year old absolutely loved it. The teachers were lovely and it was hard to drag her away each afternoon.
The fact that she can still code after the camp has finished is brilliant and she is already counting down the days until the next one.

Great learning experience

My daughter happily chatted away to me each afternoon letting me know what had happened at code camp -and the converation starters sent to me each day by Code camp really assisted with this.
It sounds like she has really improved her level of confidence with coding

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great experience for my child

My daughter loved coming to Code Camp and wants to do it again. She is keen to show her app to friends and has gained an interest in coding and good experience interacting with others.

JSG

JSGSydney, NSW

She loved it! Can’t wait til next time!

Great introduction to coding! Well targeted to the age group. Kids were very excited to demonstrate their games at home and show us their coding skills. Great that they can continue to access and use the program outside the course time.

Andrew T.

Andrew T.asked

Hi, we are booked into the Animation Camp at St Andrews for 5/6 January and have requested a refund multiple times in the last 2 weeks (via email and chat on the CodeCamp website) due to covid lockdown on Northern Beaches. To date I have received no response whatsoever from anyone at CodeCamp. Could someone please help. Happy to provide booking reference etc when not via a public forum. Many thanks, Andrew Tait

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Andrew, apologies for the delay here on Product Review. I can see that the team replied and processed a full credit on January 4. Please feel free to reach out via email (hello@codecamp.com.au) if any follow-up questions. Many thanks. Ben

3gamesters123

3gamesters123asked

Do you need to have done spark or ignite before you do this camp. (even if you have prior experience from another provider?)

Melinda
Melinda

The description says you do but the latest description I read of ignite said "unless you have heaps of outside experience". Best to call and confirm.

Alissaasked

Hi, I am considering enrolling my 5 1/2 into the coding course at Newcastle Grammar. He can be a little shy around kids he doesn’t know and quiet in big groups. I was just wondering if a course like this would be good for him and how many have booked for the 16 & 17 course and if there were any boys booked in?

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, thanks so much for getting in touch. Our Little Heroes camp is designed to get kids working together in teams to solve fun coding problems. We often find that kids who are shy will walk away with new friends and a newfound love of coding :) Little Heroes tends to have a 50/50 male/female ratio so that won't be an issue either. Thanks, Josh

Alissa

Ok great it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have many spots left for the 16 & 17?

Joshua Y.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, we still have good availability for those dates in Newcastle. We expect this will sell out nearer the time though :)

Get an answer from our members and Code Camp representatives