Code Camp (page 4 of 33)

Listing monitored by Code Camp

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

My son had a ball

My son did the Spark camp and the Ignite camp. He loved it and was so excited to show us what he had created when he came home each night. We will definitely do more camps. It would be great if you had face to face sessions during term as well.

ilana
ilanaSydney, NSW

The best school holiday fun!

My daughter had so much fun at the code camp DJ course. Her love for music combined with the technology had her just glowing about the day. We'll definitely be back!

Derrick
DerrickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Code Camp delivers a great experience for kids!

My son has just undertaken the YouTube Creator camp and loved the whole experience. This is his 3rd camp and he has loved attending everyone of them! The activities are a great balance between fun and educational. I would highly recommend Code Camp for those parents who would like to expose their kids to coding and digital technology.

Animation - great class

My daughter did the animation class - she had a great time. It encouraged her creativity and was a good balance between physically doing something and technology. They seemed to explain it well to the class. She loved it - we have playdoh figurines moving around our dining table at home now! App was good too.

Julie G.
Julie G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

A well run, enjoyable holiday experience

My 8 year old son attended the camp and thoroughly enjoyed it. He was nervous at the beginning of day 1 but so excited and absolutely buzzing by the end. He is excited that he can continue building and modifying his game for the next 12 months as well. Both his older sister and younger brother are looking forward to a chance to attend in future and he can't wait to go back and learn more in the next level. Code camp was a wonderful experience.

DTS
DTSSydney, NSW

Very informative and engaging camp.

My both kids loved the camp. After day 1, they can't wait to show us what they've created at the camp. They said it was fun and informative. The teachers were very helpful and nice. They can't wait to do the next camp.

Rebecca
RebeccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Codecamp - Animation Course

Both Max & Ryan had a great time at Animation Camp. They loved that they had "free range" to create their own videos . I think our 6yr old (Ryan) was a little overwhelmed with all of the new learning techniques but he would have been one of the youngest there and he still came home with a smile on his face, keen to tell us how his day went. Perfect course for our 8yr old and he continues to make his own videos even after the course has finished!

Judith
JudithSouth East Queensland, QLD

My 7 yr old was very excited

My daughter was a bit nervous about starting the camp. But by the end of Day 1, she was very excited. She really enjoyed building her own game and showing it to family!

ELH
ELHMulgrave

Great Programme!

My 9 year old enjoyed his 3 days at code camp! He was always interested in coding and it was a good opportunity for him to learn face to face during his long school break. He's very proud of his 'work' and looking forward to the next camp!

Rachel
RachelPerth, WA

Fantastic organisation!

Loads of info provided for parents before, throughout and at the end. Welcoming team and great progressive coding for the kids. Great to be able to come away with the game after the course

Clarissa
ClarissaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Such a great program. My kids loved it!

The teachers were perfect at helping my children feel confident to participate as it was the first time they had tried any coding. My son left feeling so confident and happy. He had made his own game, received a gold medal, code cam cap and wrist band. He was over the moon and can’t wait until next code camp.

Chloe
ChloeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

my boy loves it

my son had done the online course last year, this was the first time for face to face class, he loves it, he got more help than the online course.

Jerry
JerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Top quality

The camp was very well organised and my son had a great time, while also learning. When I first booked the Code Camp I was contacted soon after to let me know that the particular Camp that I had booked had to be cancelled. The organisers were very helpful in finding a spot in a different Camp. Great job!

Very well structured

A creative course for my 9 year old looking to create her own YouTube channel. This three day course gave my daughter the tools to structure her own video, learning the process of pre-production, production and post production. She wants to do more at Code Camp now! Highly recommended.

Suzi
SuziSydney, NSW

Fantastic course

My son was very nervous going into the course, he hadn't had any coding experience. After day 1 he was so happy to come home and show me the amazing work he did and how he did it. We were very happy with his experience. The admin staff were fantastic as well, organising the kids on the day and responding to parent enquiries was very efficient. Thank you for a great experience. We'll look into doing more there.

Tanyenda
TanyendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect

Dennis, My son really loves it . He said the teacher is very nice and teach home with very patient. He will join again next school holiday. Really So much fun

Bel
BelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic!!

My kids have been going for a few years now. They staff are amazing and the kids have learnt so much. One of my children is dyslexic and school can be hard for them. But he loves games and coding, and thanks to all he has learnt at code camp he got an A for the very first time last year for his coding subject!! Thank you guys!!!

CDp
CDpGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My 8 year old loved this!

Our son is buzzing with excitement after this. He had a wonderful time and had nothing but good things to say about the instructors and the fun he had meeting new friends. Thanks for making an eight year old very happy!

Teresa
TeresaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An amazing learning experience

My 7 years old son took part in the Codespark program.He really enjoys the learning journey and we all so proud of his creating movie.I think he not only received making movie skills during the course, but also further understanding of the spirit of teamwork.

Fabulous, Fantastic

The course was engaging and just the right level. The computer and resources were provided and made it accessible for everyone. When a child is excited to go back each day it’s good news! His enthusiasm for the course was due to the keen staff.

Mira M.
Mira M.Sydney, NSW

Great program

My son is 10 y.o. & he had a great time during the animation camp. He already knew a little bit about the app that they used to create the animation but it was great that he got to learn more and develop his skill. Very expensive to do this during pandemic where we didn't have our regular income but it was worth it. He had a great time.

A very excited child!

My 6 year old daughter attended Codespark. She was able to follow along with the course and build her game. She was so excited to share it with me and the rest of the family!

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

My daughters won't stop raving about Code Camp!

Both children loved Code Camp and looked forward to going each day during the 3 day course! The Code Camp leaders made it such a fun environment and they want to learn more!!

Lucy
LucyWatson 2602, ACT

My son loved learning how to be a YouTube star.

My son was very excited to show us the video he made and said he loved going there every day.

He thought the course content was very clearly laid out and easy to understand.

Eimear
EimearSydney, NSW

Both 10 and 7 year old loved it

My children were keen to go each morning for three full days. They learnt a lot. They are hoping to join up again in the next holidays. The course was spot on (at their beginners level) .

Andrew T.
Andrew T.asked

Hi, we are booked into the Animation Camp at St Andrews for 5/6 January and have requested a refund multiple times in the last 2 weeks (via email and chat on the CodeCamp website) due to covid lockdown on Northern Beaches. To date I have received no response whatsoever from anyone at CodeCamp. Could someone please help. Happy to provide booking reference etc when not via a public forum. Many thanks, Andrew Tait

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Andrew, apologies for the delay here on Product Review. I can see that the team replied and processed a full credit on January 4. Please feel free to reach out via email (hello@codecamp.com.au) if any follow-up questions. Many thanks. Ben

3gamesters123
3gamesters123asked

Do you need to have done spark or ignite before you do this camp. (even if you have prior experience from another provider?)

Melinda
Melinda

The description says you do but the latest description I read of ignite said "unless you have heaps of outside experience". Best to call and confirm.

Alissaasked

Hi, I am considering enrolling my 5 1/2 into the coding course at Newcastle Grammar. He can be a little shy around kids he doesn’t know and quiet in big groups. I was just wondering if a course like this would be good for him and how many have booked for the 16 & 17 course and if there were any boys booked in?

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, thanks so much for getting in touch. Our Little Heroes camp is designed to get kids working together in teams to solve fun coding problems. We often find that kids who are shy will walk away with new friends and a newfound love of coding :) Little Heroes tends to have a 50/50 male/female ratio so that won't be an issue either. Thanks, Josh

Alissa

Ok great it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have many spots left for the 16 & 17?

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, we still have good availability for those dates in Newcastle. We expect this will sell out nearer the time though :)

Get an answer from our members and Code Camp representatives