Code Camp
See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Code Camp

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Louisa P.
Louisa P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

An okay program

It was a little disorganized - It is one thing to teach the subject, it is another thing to understand how to teach a subject to children that various in age. I prefer a free online program called code.org supported by Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, the Infosys Foundation, and Google

Android Users not looked after

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Too many members in a team

BG79
BG79Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

School Holiday Code Camp

It did meet my expectations. I learned some new stuff. The difficulty was okay. I covered everything and it was not too much. I look forward doing more of those in the future.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Code Camp compares to other Education & Training Services

ensure the "teacher" is appropriate

The course was good but student trouble makers were NOT controlled. Many junior students at the school effected the learning of the few {serious} senior students. I contacted the company and was assured the class discipline would be 'looked in to'. The printed notes were not handed out, nor emailed. For the entire semester my son got expensive, undisciplined day care and a business card!!

Teaching Staff
Learning Material

2D at St Andrews cathedral

It can include more content as a lot of time are wasted in waiting. More teachers required to help those that need help. No teaching was done on the 3rd day after lunch and we were there to watch videos.

The content probably only need 2 days max.

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Christine! Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We're really glad that we got to speak to you over email following the camps and we look forward to seeing your children again soon. :)

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

He loved it, but there was little actual coding.

My son loved going to Code Camp a couple of times, and was really excited and enjoyed the time. I went through the actual logic in the code section of the app with him and he'd had little interaction with it. Most of the focus appears to be on the click and drop scene creation, which is not coding at all. We've used orher kids coding apps at our local library that are more flexible, code focused and stimulating. It's expensive for what they actually do in the end, but he did find the days very entertaining.

Andrew T.
Andrew T.asked

Hi, we are booked into the Animation Camp at St Andrews for 5/6 January and have requested a refund multiple times in the last 2 weeks (via email and chat on the CodeCamp website) due to covid lockdown on Northern Beaches. To date I have received no response whatsoever from anyone at CodeCamp. Could someone please help. Happy to provide booking reference etc when not via a public forum. Many thanks, Andrew Tait

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Andrew, apologies for the delay here on Product Review. I can see that the team replied and processed a full credit on January 4. Please feel free to reach out via email (hello@codecamp.com.au) if any follow-up questions. Many thanks. Ben

3gamesters123
3gamesters123asked

Do you need to have done spark or ignite before you do this camp. (even if you have prior experience from another provider?)

Melinda
Melinda

The description says you do but the latest description I read of ignite said "unless you have heaps of outside experience". Best to call and confirm.

Alissaasked

Hi, I am considering enrolling my 5 1/2 into the coding course at Newcastle Grammar. He can be a little shy around kids he doesn’t know and quiet in big groups. I was just wondering if a course like this would be good for him and how many have booked for the 16 & 17 course and if there were any boys booked in?

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, thanks so much for getting in touch. Our Little Heroes camp is designed to get kids working together in teams to solve fun coding problems. We often find that kids who are shy will walk away with new friends and a newfound love of coding :) Little Heroes tends to have a 50/50 male/female ratio so that won't be an issue either. Thanks, Josh

Alissa

Ok great it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have many spots left for the 16 & 17?

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Alissa, we still have good availability for those dates in Newcastle. We expect this will sell out nearer the time though :)

Get an answer from our members and Code Camp representatives