Code Camp (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Code Camp

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

PERFECT CODING!

The games we all love can be made here!!! JavaScript makes them great! CodeCamp is basically teaching the kids to make Candy Crush!
CodeCamp should be not just in holidays but in school work.

Hi Shirley,
Thanks for the amazing feedback! We are so glad to hear that the kids had a Blast to Code Camp :) We're hoping to move to more in school time as well! Hope to see you at the next Code Camp!

A fun and educational 3 days

It was fantastic!!! The only suggestion would be to have some structured play when waiting for pick up or drop off

Newbie at code camp

Our son had been very excited to attend code camp as this was his first time. He couldn't stop talking about what they had done and were going to do the following day, etc. It has been a big hit , thank you. We were also pleased that the children also had fun with a super hero dress up day for the last day - absolutely a winner.
He is already looking forward to the next camp.:) We would recommend this camp.

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that your son enjoyed his time at Code Camp and that the super hero day was a hit!
Looking forward to seeing you at the next Code Camp :)

Very engaging

My son enjoys the camp and love that he can work on his own computer. He make many friends and finds he has a lot in common.

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Vicky! We are so happy to hear that your son enjoyed his time at Code Camp and made many friends! We hope to see him at Code Camp again soon :)

Great program

My 10 year old son looks forward to the program every school holidays. Great that the team keeps advancing on offering new programs for the kids to work towards.

Ashley G.Code Camp

Hi Tonya! Thank you for your feedback. It's awesome to hear that your son has had a great time at Code Camp! We would love to see him again soon :)

Code Camp - holiday program -

My 7yo daughter just finished a 4 day Code camp - she absolutely loved it. She would come home and be so excited to show off what she's learned. Like the another user has said, I was a little disappointed that the the creation was heavily focused on click and drop but nevertheless it has given my daughter a new passion

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

He loved it, but there was little actual coding.

My son loved going to Code Camp a couple of times, and was really excited and enjoyed the time. I went through the actual logic in the code section of the app with him and he'd had little interaction with it. Most of the focus appears to be on the click and drop scene creation, which is not coding at all. We've used orher kids coding apps at our local library that are more flexible, code focused and stimulating. It's expensive for what they actually do in the end, but he did find the days very entertaining.

Fun and educational program

Meeting new friends , learning new skills and good hours for working parents.
Well structure program kids did not feel bored at all.
Love the Tshirts, cap and medal.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

It was a wonderful learning experience

My daughter really enjoyed the sessions but said she was a bit confused some times which is understandable considering there are kids of different age groups ...

coder
coderSydney, NSW

Misadvertisement

Kids don't build / create an iphone app as codecamp claims. What each kid creates is a game that runs on the "Code Camp" app. The game is not an iphone app in itself. The "Code camp" app is the app that allows the game to be run on the iphone. My kids attended the spark course, don't know about the other courses. My kids did say they had fun.. hence the 2 stars.

homealone21
homealone21melbourne

it was really fun

From my son: It was really fun. It taught a lot about how to code. it was fun because we actually got to make it like Mario. The staff were great, one was a teacher and then there were 2 other staff who helped us.

Chris
ChrisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

My son had a great time!

My son enjoyed making his own game!
What a cool thing to do! A fun thing to do on vacation!

Great for kids

Kids had fun and learnt loads of coding. Isabella's game was really cool and the family loved playing it. We would like her to learn more.

Review collected in partnership with Code Camp

Provides options for things to do in the holidays..

Hi There,
I think the code camp was useful to give my child an insight into the world of coding. I am not sure how successful it was until his knowledge or interest in coding is tested out again. The three days intensive work were enough for him not to want to code at least until school begins again. I am not sure whether that is because he did not really enjoy it or whether he had too much of it. It is certainly quite an expensive three days & my feeling is that it could have been spaced out better: maybe two and two instead with shorter days instead of 9-3:30.
However, as I said until his interest appears to resume in coding or he clearly appears ahead in his class when they do code again, I am not sure how useful it was.
Thanks.

It's very good

The program was very good. Daniel loves his game that he made. A lots of fun for children. It's awesome

Great outcome

Our son developed interested in coding ever since his first codecamp experience. Great care and professionalism. Affordable and great value for money.

Beginners coding

The only problem I had was that he wasn't suitable for the young beginners and I wasn't sure whether he could go into the next group up. I enjoyed the daily email with 'ask your child about'. This meant my conversation was bigger than 'how was today' okay I guess! He is going back this holiday.

Code Camp Review

My daughter enjoyed it and learned so much, she was able to demo the app she created at family gatherings and social occasions for months after and became enthusiast about learning code. Only problem is there are no follow on camps or more advanced ones in our area (Gold Coast) since she did it about 18 months ago and so her interest has waned. If she can only go so far it gets a bit pointless.

Cindy Sketcher
Cindy Sketcher

Hello
Thanks for the response yes she is still interested. I think she would be very happy to have a look at these new initiatives. So send me the details. Thanks