Total rip off

Aside from ease of use they charge very high commission. They charge 1% buy and 1% when selling and on top of that sell price is much lower. This is simply taking advantage of there customers

Hidden transaction fees

Mobs

MobsSydney, NSW

Only for Novices, High Fees & More Expensive

caz

cazGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fees are out of control

Customer service is good but the fees are truly awful and the biggest drawback to using this platform. Far better australian platforms that dont charge these crazy fees. Dont use if you plan to swap coins regularly and make money. The fee is taken out both for buy, sell and to currency exchange. not worth it.

WadeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too expensive

Pros: Easy to use
Cons: Far, far too expensive. Any profits you might make out of buying and selling crypto are eaten away by Coinspot fees and margins, even on market orders. Whatever balance you think you have with Coinspot, subtract 5%.

Much, much better options out there.

Wade

High fees and can’t handle high loads

No matter what they say, their fees are extortionate compared to other exchanges. (Waiting for the cut and paste response).
This aside, yesterday I wanted to capitalise on the DOGE run so transferred from my Trezor wallet which confirmed the transaction within minutes on the blockchain. My CoinSpot account failed to show the new balance for over 8 hours, by which time the price had dropped around 25%. Will be moving to another exchange now.

Darren B.

Darren B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fees are not 1%

Sold $500 worth and charged $14 so not 1%, I can't imagine if it was $50,000. I've just stared trading so lucky I've now read all these reviews. I'm finding another site.

CoinSpotCoinSpot

Easy to use but has very high Fees

After using Coinspot for a month or so, and doing a few trades (not many), the interface is easy to use and they have a good selection of crypto coins available to trade. The fees are however very high and the spreads on buy and sell are big. The spreads are artifically high meaning you usually end up buying in at higher then market and selling at lower then market on any transaction. Total taken on any given transaction is probably about 4.5% when you take into consideration the spreads used.

Inconvenient

Minimum withdrawal fees are way too high. Not enough coin support for altcoins. Coin charts don't show enough data. Other than that, very simple easy use. Just not for me.

Kyle

KyleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Coinspot - coin prices are more than 30% more than other sites. Beware!

The platform is good but
Look around at other sites and brokers on the coin prices... E.G
As I write this OAX/US is approximately 0.5675 on most sites and CoinSpot Price is 0.7798.
Dogecoin approximately 0.5884 and CoinSpot Price is 0.7937...
I could go on and on, as they all are a lot more to buy per coin.
That's a lot when trading good money.
Don't just look at fees

Extremely slow transactions

Not a good exchange for larger transactions. Anything over a few thousand dollars this will require a manual confirmation from coinspot and can take hours to process. In some instances I've had to wait half a day in some instances which is dangerous in such a turbulent market.

CoinSpotCoinSpot

Coinspot - determination of customer buy and sell prices

profit or loss
profit or loss
Blen B.

Blen B.South East Queensland, QLD

Good platform, terrible profitability.

Complete rip off

selling rates increases up as soon as the rates goes up. if initially bought a coin for $5 and selling was $4.8, once price is $6 and if you wanna sell the new selling rate is now $5.5.. do we traders look dumb and you still think people will stick to this crap after they know this app is rubbish. Switched to binance and also been using vpn to use US sites rather than making this people rich.

David DaviesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer support so far hasn’t been good, can’t withdraw even with a verified account.

I’ve verified my account, went to withdraw $200 and realised that my account is not set up to withdraw. When hitting up support to rectify the issue. I’ve heard nothing back!! Bit of a worry as I was going to upload 10 k next week. But if I can’t get my money out. What’s the point of continuing to buy?

David Davies

Yeah ok...... wish you were quicker in your response for withdrawal than you are on Product review. Literally responded within minutes of this review, but still haven’t responded to my enquiry......?????

My head hurts!

Have sat on the chat all day waiting to be helped because i'm not getting my emails replied to, unfortunately still nothing. Every time the list got down to under 10 it would cut me off again.
My issue was that after cancelling an open order they processed it without a confirmation email. The open order was from 3 days prior so it cost me over $300 in losses instantly. I gave 2 stars on the hope they rectify it or else it is literally theft.

Pro Car S.

Pro Car S.

Too much commission

They have commission while I purchase coin and even when I tried to sell they have CoinSpot fee and also big gap on buying and selling. When the buying is rate 22.40$ on coin and if I have to sell the coin they have selling rate for $20. $2 dollar on each share means a lot

Andrew F.

Andrew F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hidden costs to sell

Warning to all current and future users of this platform. In addition to their standard sell fee they reduce the market price of your coin significantly. In my experience this was on average a 10% loss. I have also noticed that when there is a good buying opportunity that the coin suddenly becomes unavailable to purchase until it goes back up again. This is very frustrating as I misses out on good opportunities to make profit.

I have sold all my coins and am moving to another platform.

CoinSpotCoinSpot

Logging in is an ordeal.

3 hours and counting I have been back and forth with customer support trying to log into my account which I have had 3.5 years and used frequently.
The biggest mistake I made was turning on sms 2f authentication. Every since, logging in is time consuming and in consistent. You never get the same person twice from customer service even if it’s the same email thread. I feel like I am wasting my time and crypto.

Isabella Cameron

Isabella Cameronasked

I am extremely unhappy and disappointed with my experience with Coinspot. I have $10k in my account that I would like to withdraw NOW, and they have locked my account, I applied to have withdrawals enabled and followed the instructions correctly (twice) and was rejected both times. I do not understand why my account was locked in the first place, however, I attempted to contact customer support and I currently have 5 open cases and they haven't replied.

A customer service representative has rung me, however, the phone only rung for 3 seconds not giving me a fair chance to pick up and amend the issue.

They also do not supply a phone number for me to contact and ask for help

I find it very telling and convenient that this company will provide fast and efficient service when it comes to depositing money into the website, however when I try to withdraw money, they are very difficult to reach, ignore my requests, and lock my withdrawals.

Sorry to hear this , I have had the same experience. I transferred money through PAY ID , the money was deducted from my bank account but did not show up in my Coinspot account . I used their online help literally ten times within two days but each single time I received the same message under different names saying “ we have to be patient “ , you know how crucial time and your money are in the crypto space which seemingly has no value in Coinspot.
Coinspot is not my exchange centre anymore...

Adam
Adam

Even as a regulated company, in Australia, the entity can still be run by d**ks. Any company holding millions or even hundreds of thousands of customer's money (crypto or cash)... every extra day they have your money is another day they are earning interest on it.

File a complaint at AFCA (http://afca.org.au) - and tell them you've done that. Luckily we are in Australia and we have things like AFCA who will get a result. There's also small claims tribunal and as an Australian company they are also regulated by ASIC. They are also a reporting entity to AUSTRAC. In Australia, companies like this will have to eventually give you your money or shut down the business as we have tax-payer-funded protections we can use in these situations.

If you paid by credit card, do a chargeback. And ultimately if you think it's not just a "commercial issue" then report it as a cyber crime to the police.

And then, tell your story on as many websites as possible so people know. It's not "trolling" or "aiming to damage their reputation" if all you are doing is telling (truthfully) your story on as many forums as possible.

Chico

Chicoasked

I would like to open a CoinSpot account for our SMSF, but I am running into difficulties, because I have already a CoinSpot account in my personal name.
1) To open the SMSF account, I tried to use my e-mail address, but it was refused, because it is already used in my personal account. The SMSF does not have an e-mail address.
2) If this can be overcome, can you use my ID you already have also for the SMSF?
3) The linked bank account would be different.

Get an answer from our members and CoinSpot representatives

Other Cryptocurrency Exchanges