Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall

Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall

Aaron

Aaron

So far, so good.

It's been great. Great size, simple to erect, fairly sturdy once it's up. No issues yet, with the shade or poles, but I can see why others may not have been so lucky. I don't expect it to last forever, which is a shame. Should be a bit better quality for the price, but functionality is great. Also got a couple of walls which are really easy to put on and take off which means you can move them around as the sun and breeze changes direction.

Purchased in January 2018 at Anaconda Online store for $199.00.

Jayde

JaydeVictoria

Loved it.

Great product! A family member originally bought one of these which was great for a wet and windy family camp trip so we headed out to grab one straight away for us. I watched a YouTube video on how to pop up and then it was a one woman show popping the gazebo up with no dramas at all super easy!! We’ve used for camping, sport days and family gatherings. Would buy again! The size is great too!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Anaconda for $187.00.

Chinese junk

Had up for 4 weeks during lockdown for fitness training outside starting to perish and rip brand new was brought as a present for me so cant get guarantee. Very disappointed for coleman brand. Do not buy shouldn't be allowed on the market its thievery

Outdoor Furniture Products

Find out how Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall compares to other Outdoor Furniture Products

Absolute rubbish

Used for 1 week on holiday put away and stored in cupboard,put up again12 months later ripped with out any effort ,you can poke you finger through it.
Absolute rip off

Purchased in January 2019.

Mark H.

Mark H.Launceston, TAS

Fantastic product lasted 7 years

We found this a great product. Used for approx 7 Years at the beach. Only just ripped now. We put guy ropes on all corners for extra wind stability. Great product and about to buy a new one. Prob go the delux

Purchased in January 2012 for $199.00.

MelsBels

MelsBels

Easy to put up but doesn't last!

We have had 3 of these now as they are normally priced well over summer but every one has last 2 at best 3 camping trips and that's it. They seem like they should hold up to a decent breeze but they don't. Ours is used for max 2 weeks per year for our annual camping trip and they just blow to bits. The seems start to rip in the second year and by the end of the third they go straight in the bin. They are super easy to put up (and take down when the wind gets up) but just aren't designed for NZ sun and conditions.

Purchased for $249.00.

Good design but the fly is weak.

Relatively easy to assemble. Work well when up. However we have owned two of them and both flys have gone brittle and torn after very little use. Poor quality. Won't buy a third!

Purchased in November 2017 at Anaconda for $199.00.

John K.

John K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Coleman Deluxe Event 14

After a week of camping,some of the poles were to hard to seperate.Once I did,the chain and elastic separated from one side of pole.Pegs were way to weak and bent.Coleman doesn’t offer warranty on the poles.I contacted tent world and the lady said that was first time she’d heard of the poles being like that.I find that hard to believe.I won’t be buying that product again.I used it twice.

Purchased in December 2018 at Tentworld Online store.

Christine

ChristineNelson

Easy ripping

Ripped 3rd day up. It has 3 different patches on it now. Can't handle a little bit of a breeze. Tears at the velcro then down the seam. The poles are good just the velcro and cheap cover. Have to take it down as soon as a breeze comes up or it will RIP somewhere else. Sad state of affairs Expected more for the price. Was purchased for a shelter for the kids tent and table in back yard. Not buy again.

pepdebollox

pepdebolloxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish

I bought on of these last year and it ripped after a few uses , took it back to anaconda who gave me another one. Put the second one up this year several times and again it has ripped. Absolute rubbish

Date PurchasedDec 2017
p1gst1

p1gst1

Total piece of...

On its first use it collapsed from a wind gust. Broken poles pierced the fabric and its now useless. Returned to Anaconda who had Coleman assess and it apparently poles are not a warranty item...

$150 down the drain.

Don’t buy it

Poles jammed together and one broke on first use.
Tarp cover barely stretches over poles so is too tight.
Tent pegs bent on first use as they are so thin.
Instructions are virtually non existent.
Takes several adults to put up

Entruchio

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Whareupoko

Whareupoko

Good shelter

Top item that was used on 43 occasions (days) and the material has finally given out (last week). The frame is in excellent condition and if available we will seek out a replacement cover although I am aware that the cost of a new dome now is a lot less than the original cost.

Date PurchasedJan 2006

Good bad and costly

I have purchased 2 of these shelters in the last 2 years and placed them over the pool so the family can swim throughout the day. The only problem is that they have only lasted 2/3 months as they have torn near the velcro tie downs on each occasion. The product idea is great but the quality of the shade is very poor. $200 for 2/3months - not very good. Improve the quality Coleman and I will try it again.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Very disappointed

Only just got around to putting this up. Left over pool for one week in no winds and whole canopy disintegrating and torn. Expected better from a Coleman product. Understand it's for occasional use but seven days in total in eleven month period is occasional.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Wonderful Product recommend to anyone

We have had our event 14 for at least seven years and love it. It is common sense not to have the skin on in very windy weather. Thanks Coleman

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Steve

SteveNewcastle

Great!

I bought one of these a few years ago and have used it many times since. Its great and a very good shape for a shelter - we've had ours up in a number of storms and its stood up well (I do peg mine down pretty well). I find its easy to set up too (as long as you follow the instruction and use the measure thingy that comes in the bag). I'm not a fan of the side panels, but friends who we camp with regularly use them on 3 sides and they like them.

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Youssef

Youssef

Good Shelter. Make sure you don't use original ropes.

I have been using the Event 14 for all around living in my holiday land. I ended up buying another one. Now I have two. Unfortunately the ropes that hold the gazebo down do not handle sun conditions very well. All of them bro in the list wind we had and the gazebo got completely damaged. I tested the ropes, sure enough they are all disintegrated in my hand. I hope I will be able to get canopy replacement cheap. :-(

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Donna

Donnaasked

Can anyone tell me where I get an event 14 insert so that I can join two gazebos together? Thanks Donna

Hi did you get answer on this?

rrobyn

rrobynasked

I have an event 14 and I love it. Not had any problems until last weekend camping under trees and I think a sharp twig or branch from above pierced the canopy. Not happy Jan, I can tell you. Does anyone know if you can patch them and if so what is the best thing to use.? Or how much does a replacement canopy cost? Cheers Robyn

Ej
Ej

Nor Coleman or BCF would confirm a replacement cost you can purchase a sail amount of Sail Tape from either yacht supplies or wind surfing kite surfing repair businesses But Robyn it sounds to me your cover is on its way out so don't spend to much and you are up against the same problem as all of us , the replacement cover is exactly the same , you would think Coleman would cop it on the chin and admit they era and supply proper uv protected covers but no they continue to deceive the public

CategoryOutdoor Furniture Products