Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall

Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall

See the Best Outdoor Furniture Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good design but the fly is weak.

Relatively easy to assemble. Work well when up. However we have owned two of them and both flys have gone brittle and torn after very little use. Poor quality. Won't buy a third!

Purchased in November 2017 at Anaconda for $199.00.

John K.

John K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Coleman Deluxe Event 14

After a week of camping,some of the poles were to hard to seperate.Once I did,the chain and elastic separated from one side of pole.Pegs were way to weak and bent.Coleman doesn’t offer warranty on the poles.I contacted tent world and the lady said that was first time she’d heard of the poles being like that.I find that hard to believe.I won’t be buying that product again.I used it twice.

Purchased in December 2018 at Tentworld Online store.

Christine

ChristineNelson

Easy ripping

Ripped 3rd day up. It has 3 different patches on it now. Can't handle a little bit of a breeze. Tears at the velcro then down the seam. The poles are good just the velcro and cheap cover. Have to take it down as soon as a breeze comes up or it will RIP somewhere else. Sad state of affairs Expected more for the price. Was purchased for a shelter for the kids tent and table in back yard. Not buy again.

pepdebollox

pepdebolloxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish

I bought on of these last year and it ripped after a few uses , took it back to anaconda who gave me another one. Put the second one up this year several times and again it has ripped. Absolute rubbish

Date PurchasedDec 2017

p1gst1

p1gst1

Total piece of...

On its first use it collapsed from a wind gust. Broken poles pierced the fabric and its now useless. Returned to Anaconda who had Coleman assess and it apparently poles are not a warranty item...

$150 down the drain.

Don’t buy it

Poles jammed together and one broke on first use.
Tarp cover barely stretches over poles so is too tight.
Tent pegs bent on first use as they are so thin.
Instructions are virtually non existent.
Takes several adults to put up

Entruchio

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Whareupoko

Whareupoko

Good shelter

Top item that was used on 43 occasions (days) and the material has finally given out (last week). The frame is in excellent condition and if available we will seek out a replacement cover although I am aware that the cost of a new dome now is a lot less than the original cost.

Date PurchasedJan 2006

Good bad and costly

I have purchased 2 of these shelters in the last 2 years and placed them over the pool so the family can swim throughout the day. The only problem is that they have only lasted 2/3 months as they have torn near the velcro tie downs on each occasion. The product idea is great but the quality of the shade is very poor. $200 for 2/3months - not very good. Improve the quality Coleman and I will try it again.

Very disappointed

Only just got around to putting this up. Left over pool for one week in no winds and whole canopy disintegrating and torn. Expected better from a Coleman product. Understand it's for occasional use but seven days in total in eleven month period is occasional.

Wonderful Product recommend to anyone

We have had our event 14 for at least seven years and love it. It is common sense not to have the skin on in very windy weather. Thanks Coleman

Date PurchasedApr 2010

Steve

SteveNewcastle

Great!

I bought one of these a few years ago and have used it many times since. Its great and a very good shape for a shelter - we've had ours up in a number of storms and its stood up well (I do peg mine down pretty well). I find its easy to set up too (as long as you follow the instruction and use the measure thingy that comes in the bag). I'm not a fan of the side panels, but friends who we camp with regularly use them on 3 sides and they like them.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Youssef

Youssef

Good Shelter. Make sure you don't use original ropes.

I have been using the Event 14 for all around living in my holiday land. I ended up buying another one. Now I have two. Unfortunately the ropes that hold the gazebo down do not handle sun conditions very well. All of them bro in the list wind we had and the gazebo got completely damaged. I tested the ropes, sure enough they are all disintegrated in my hand. I hope I will be able to get canopy replacement cheap. :-(

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Worst product ive ever wasted my money on.

Thought being Coleman it would be a quality product.WRONG! Used for a total of about 4 weeks and it literally fell apart. Cheap ,cheap chinese junk. Last Coleman product I will ever buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

We liked it so much we bought two for our Car Club

We have now purchased 3 Coleman Event 14 Deluxe, first time setting up took around 30 mins following their instructions, after that I can now do it on my own in around 10 to 15 minutes, and dismantle it just as quick, love how compact it is when packed away, and when set up so much more shade that other square type gazebos and yes we still have two of these too, we liked it so much we convinced our local car club to buy a couple of them, last event we have 40 people under the two, was terrific, many great comments from the members, even cooler than the other square type Gazebos too. For the $269.00 we paid they are cheap enough, after a couple of years of use if ours finally breaks, we would buy another.

61Caddie
61Caddie

DiDi

DiDiAU

Buyer Beware!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Albro

AlbroGold Coast

Excellent Product, Easy to use.

Contrary to some reviews, we have used ours several times, we have found this product to be excellent.
My wife can assemble and dismantle in around 15 minutes.
BUT do yourself a favour, read the instructions. It is most important secure the feet correctly, which is very easy with tapes supplied. This ensures the feet will not spread out and rip the cover or joints. Easy !!
Excellent Product, Easy to use.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Event 14 deluxe

I have the deluxe and cant fault it, it has survived big winds, raging storms and even hail. This is not a cheap instant fold out gazebo you must take your time to set it up correctly, or as others have mentioned it will flap around and tear itself apart.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

rearview

rearviewBrisbane

Never had a problem

Donna

Donnaasked

Can anyone tell me where I get an event 14 insert so that I can join two gazebos together? Thanks Donna

Hi did you get answer on this?

rrobyn

rrobynasked

I have an event 14 and I love it. Not had any problems until last weekend camping under trees and I think a sharp twig or branch from above pierced the canopy. Not happy Jan, I can tell you. Does anyone know if you can patch them and if so what is the best thing to use.? Or how much does a replacement canopy cost? Cheers Robyn

Ej
Ej

Nor Coleman or BCF would confirm a replacement cost you can purchase a sail amount of Sail Tape from either yacht supplies or wind surfing kite surfing repair businesses But Robyn it sounds to me your cover is on its way out so don't spend to much and you are up against the same problem as all of us , the replacement cover is exactly the same , you would think Coleman would cop it on the chin and admit they era and supply proper uv protected covers but no they continue to deceive the public

Get an answer from our members and Coleman representatives