Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall

Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall (page 2 of 2)

Macca

MaccaIllawarra, NSW

Worst product ive ever wasted my money on.

Thought being Coleman it would be a quality product.WRONG! Used for a total of about 4 weeks and it literally fell apart. Cheap ,cheap chinese junk. Last Coleman product I will ever buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

We liked it so much we bought two for our Car Club

We have now purchased 3 Coleman Event 14 Deluxe, first time setting up took around 30 mins following their instructions, after that I can now do it on my own in around 10 to 15 minutes, and dismantle it just as quick, love how compact it is when packed away, and when set up so much more shade that other square type gazebos and yes we still have two of these too, we liked it so much we convinced our local car club to buy a couple of them, last event we have 40 people under the two, was terrific, many great comments from the members, even cooler than the other square type Gazebos too. For the $269.00 we paid they are cheap enough, after a couple of years of use if ours finally breaks, we would buy another.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
61Caddie
61Caddie
DiDi

DiDiAU

Buyer Beware!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Outdoor Furniture Products

Find out how Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall compares to other Outdoor Furniture Products

Albro

AlbroGold Coast

Excellent Product, Easy to use.

Contrary to some reviews, we have used ours several times, we have found this product to be excellent.
My wife can assemble and dismantle in around 15 minutes.
BUT do yourself a favour, read the instructions. It is most important secure the feet correctly, which is very easy with tapes supplied. This ensures the feet will not spread out and rip the cover or joints. Easy !!
Excellent Product, Easy to use.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Event 14 deluxe

I have the deluxe and cant fault it, it has survived big winds, raging storms and even hail. This is not a cheap instant fold out gazebo you must take your time to set it up correctly, or as others have mentioned it will flap around and tear itself apart.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
rearview

rearviewBrisbane

Never had a problem

Similar to other bad reviews

Only used our one 4 times for a few days each time, the cover has gone very brittle in the sun and it has ripped in several places. Very unhappy about it as it was expensive.

Displeased

DispleasedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont waste your hard earned money

Have had the shelter for 1 month and it has disintegrated at the seams and is torn with touch from fingers. It has been up permanantly for that time. When coleman was contacted they stated it isnt meant as a permanant fixture. Do they not realise people camp for that period of time.
Always thought coleman where a reputable camping name!!!!!!!.

Great Shelter

Torn shade within 6 months

Looks great, set up is simple enough. But the canopy tore apart within the first 6 months when a little bit of wind got to it. Bitterly disappointed as I really liked the look of his.

Reverend AquamanMangaroa, 5371, NZ

I am still amazed with the resilience of this tent.

Dan. CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shade Tore After 3 Days Use

Bought the event 14 at Easter 2015 never used till last week for kids party in backyard to come home to find still pegged to the ground but shade torn to crap. No trees or anything near it. Rang Colemans got told not their problem something must of happened to it. Hmm wind is all and they state on bag good in wind. Yet my China made 6 man tent not a mark and still standing.
Colemans products are expensive so I expected them to be good.
I'll never buy a Colemans product again. Thanks for backing your product Coleman!
Not!!

EjPerth wa

Canopy doesn't last and Coleman know it

Boo83

Boo83Sydney

I think an unreasonably short usable life

rubbish

WARNING !!! Coleman event shelter material is like paper after using twice for a week camping the third time went to put up starting tearing at seams Wind sprung up and it ripped to shreads rang Coleman they replied 12 month warranty bad luck it was 24 months old so nothing they could do same thing happened to my sister one which she bought 6 months later

Don't buy a Coleman Event

Yes the Coleman Event sounds great but just like the reviever above it died as soon as the wind picked up (ignore the wind strong frame marketing) and the poles broke. Coleman wouldn't accept the warranty claim and there are no replacement poles available. An order came in late 2014 to Coleman and they all sold out in a flash - a good sign that pole breakage is a regular occurence. Save your money and stick to an old fashioned tarp.

Anne

Anne

Wonderful shelter but no replacement poles in Australia

This shelter is solid, large, well designed and nearly resilient to our Australian coastal winds. I bought the deluxe version with stronger poles and fabric. I really loved it .... But...One of the main poles broke in the wind after two weeks up over the summer but the deluxe cover remained intact. I thought it would be no difficulty replacing the pole but Australian Coleman informed me there were no replacement poles available! I emailed US Coleman - same response - they will provide replacement poles to people in the US but not Australia! I was advised I would need to buy an entire new shelter - certainly not good customer service. How bad is that?

RickO

RickOMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Concept - brilliant. Execution/contruction - average.

Juz

JuzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Forget the gazebos - this thing is better in every way.

See all Coleman Event 14 with Sunwall reviews

Donna

Donnaasked

Can anyone tell me where I get an event 14 insert so that I can join two gazebos together? Thanks Donna

Hi did you get answer on this?

rrobyn

rrobynasked

I have an event 14 and I love it. Not had any problems until last weekend camping under trees and I think a sharp twig or branch from above pierced the canopy. Not happy Jan, I can tell you. Does anyone know if you can patch them and if so what is the best thing to use.? Or how much does a replacement canopy cost? Cheers Robyn

Ej

Nor Coleman or BCF would confirm a replacement cost you can purchase a sail amount of Sail Tape from either yacht supplies or wind surfing kite surfing repair businesses But Robyn it sounds to me your cover is on its way out so don't spend to much and you are up against the same problem as all of us , the replacement cover is exactly the same , you would think Coleman would cop it on the chin and admit they era and supply proper uv protected covers but no they continue to deceive the public

CategoryOutdoor Furniture Products