2Coleman Instant Up

Coleman Instant Up Questions & Answers

Clifton H.
Clifton H. · Instant Up 8

Hello,
I need to replace one of the poles for my tent, could you send me a parts list for the poles so I can order a replacement pole.
Thankyou.

fred
fred · Instant Up 3

is the problem with the black lining deteriorating common to all those popup tents or just mine ?

Hana P.
Hana P. · Instant Up

Can the top waterproof part of the tent be replaced? Thank you

Danielle C.
Danielle C. · Instant Up 8

Does anyone know how to stop condensation in the middle room of the Coleman Instant North Star Gold 10 Person tent?
There’s water dripping from the inside of the fly, through the mesh ceiling of the middle room.
Using that room as a bedroom or storage room is rather inconvenient.
Thanks in advance! :)

Gail East E.
Gail East E. · Instant Up

How do I stop my 1 liter bottle from leaking

Graeme G.
Graeme G. · Instant Up

Can you pack away instant Coleman 4 with fly attached?

Matt
Matt

Have not tried that. I attach fly after opening legs , then raise to full height. Reverse when packing up.

anika.wall
anika.wall

Did you ever try? I came here in search of the same answer as the tent takes seconds to put up but attaching the fly much longer.

Peter W.
Peter W. · Instant Up 8

Those that have had trouble with this tent clearly cant set up correctly, ive got 2 of these. Had them in pouring rain and hurricane style winds along exposed coastline and not a leak or anything broken. It really does stand a hell of a beating when set up correctly, which isnt hard to do.

L.Wh
L.Wh

Advice from Mr perfect. Clearly he knows all. Had problems, turns out to be a defective hinge it making impossible to set up. Not obviously defective because it is a covered hinge. Just hangs sideways and won't lock in place. Wait...maybe the defective hinge is my imagination, and I "clearly can't set it up correctly". Nope.

Swathi P.
Swathi P. · Instant Up

Hello - my 10 person Coleman dark room tent has two twisted poles. How do I twist them back?

Mark L.
Mark L.

Take out the screws at the bottom, pull the poles out, turn poles around so green tag is out, replace screws in bottom, Happy Travels

Rochelle K. · Instant Up 6

Is the bag the tent comes in waterproof, or should we invest in s waterproof bag for keeping the tent on the roof?

Tanvir hussain
Tanvir hussain

The bag is not waterproof! You will need to cover the bag if carrying on the roof. I normally lay the bag across the back seat floor in my RAV4.

Cath
Cath · Instant Up 4

This only the third time I have used this tent. Experienced showers for 22 hours on and off and the fly is leaking onto outside wall of tent.
I would expect that the fly would stop water from striking through to tent. How can I fix this problem. I’m worried if heavy rain the tent may leak.

Peter
Peter

Hi Cath, have not used tent in constant rain. BCF sell a waterproofing spray for about $15 which is very good. Maybe a good spray with that will fix the problem. Peter

Soulhaven · Instant Up

Used twice and very happy with it (10 person tent). However, locking button on rear leg of frame refuses to work at all.
How to fix it?
Is it fixed under warranty?

Seamus

good luck with warranty claims Colman seem not to care about the stuff once they have off loaded it. See the retailer and hold them accountable. Try a squire of WD40 and see if that does not loosen the thing up.

Soulhaven

That is a very disappointing assessment of Coleman. One wonders that they do not appear to want to lift their game.
The suggestion to try WD40 seems pretty obvious but worth another try in the circumstances.

Jazzy C.
Jazzy C.

I noticed the question was written 4 years ago. I bought my tent April 2023 and one of the tent legs has the same issue. Looks like Coleman haven’t lifted their game regarding the issue. The tent collapses on one corner at the doorway because the mechanism (like how an umbrella stays up) doesn’t jutt out enough and it only needs me to unzip the door for the leg to collapse. I can fix it if I’m given a new tent leg. I hope I can get it sorted quick as I’m going camping in 21/2 weeks.

Brendan.D
Brendan.D · Instant Up

Hi everyone, looking to get a great tent for the weeker with rain and sub zeros is this the tent for me?

Kathleen F
Kathleen F

I’d be really careful before you buy this tent. It says it’s not suitable for high winds but I’ve been in this tent with the frame collapsing when my weather app displays winds at 20kmh. Frankly it’s not worth the risk unless moving to the car at 1am is an option. I’d be selling mine but I can’t bare passing this problem on to another unsuspecting family. Coleman should recall this tent.

Seamus

and given my experience no warranty that is worth anything, think twice about buying this brand. Buyers beware.

Cliffj
Cliffj · Instant Up 4

We bought the 4 person version with Dark-Room - in NZ. Easy to set up - no doubt about that. But the ventilation isn’t great and noticed a lot of condensation buildup on the inside of the fly - which makes the inner damp. Guessing that opening the inside windows would improve ventilation - but there’s nowhere to roll them up. Anyone else had this issue?

Jimmy H
Jimmy H · Instant Up

Would love some help - I notice that Anaconda sell a Coleman instant up darkroom exclusive to anaconda model. How does this compete with the traditional gold dark room model?

Andrew G.
Andrew G.

Doesn't have the front vestibule by memory,the gold series at snowys or tent world has the large front vestibule https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sale/coleman-instant-up-gold-vestibule-darkroom-tent-4PV

Belle
Belle · Instant Up 6

last year my waterproof instant tent leaked all over and I had to spend the night in a hotel and go home. I would like to try another waterproof instant tent but could I have a separate rainfly for security?

Bea · Instant Up 4

Had my tent 2yrs, last weekend camped, and it leaked for 1st time? A few months ago I washed the fly, as it smelt a little funky. Could this have affected the rain repellent? Any advice pls TIA

B

Loovi

Depending on how it was washed. Usually leaving them out in the weather sorts out smells. But if you washed it with anything abrasive it could have affected the waterproofing. You can re-waterproof tents. Go to a camping store and ask. Particular attention needs to be paid to seams. Good luck.

Bea

Hi Lavin. Washed in plain water. I checked the Fly when I got home all well sealed & look in good condition. No damage to fyl whatsoever .

Had rain lot's times in the past. Will check out waterproofing stuff. Thanks B

Laz L.
Laz L.

Spray 50/50 water and vinegar that will get rid of the mould and smells. Wipe off with a clean microfiber cloth and let the tent dry fully before packing up.
Also brush on seem seal or 50/50 silicon sealant and metholated spirits on the seems where the seem tape is peeling off to make it water proof

Beth · Instant Up 6

Could a 5"2 woman put up and take down one of these tents on her own? Do you need to be able to reach the top of it to put it up or to take it down. I would be camping with a 6 year old, so it will be awhile before he can help out!

Loovi

I think you could lay the fly over , secure it and then extend the legs up. So yes, I think someone your height could erect this tent alone. I did but im 5'6". Super easy to put up.

Beth

Thanks so much! That's good to know.

Sha
Sha

I bought the 4 man easy up as I was camping alone and have arthritis. I’m a bit taller than you and the only problem might be hooking the tent onto the poles at the very top. A crate to stand on could help with that. I can put the tent up and take it down - alone - (I’m 60) in under 3 minutes. Good luck.

Elle Young
Elle Young · Instant Up 6

Will a 6 person coleman tent fit a queen size mattress bed and a portacot?

Robert
Robert

No, I don't think so and if you could it would be a pretty tight squeeze.

Rob W
Rob W

We have an 8 man which is pretty tight with a Queen size mattress and my son's blow up which is only marginally bigger than a Portacot. You'd probably squeeze in, but it wouldn't leave much room for moving around the tent.

LukeCollins

It will fit , we had two double beds in our 6 person tent. So a queen and portacot should fit easily.

AT812
AT812 · Instant Up 4

We have an instant up 4 touring model, which only has 3/4 length fly on 3 sides. Wondering if the full fly available on Coleman website will fit the frame of our current model?

Andrew Bourke

No idea, you will have to contact a retailer who sells them, such as Rays Outdoors.

LukeCollins

Not sure. Have to contact coleman directly

Sue dd
Sue dd · Instant Up 6

Wondering if we can purchase a fly to go over the easy up 6? The one we bought as a special from Aldi has no fly with it and it's very hot. We'd also like the awning that a full fly provides. Just wondering if they are available separately.

Andrew Bourke

Yes, but you would need to contact Coleman or a reputable camping store to find out further information.

Get an answer from our members and Coleman representatives

Select a listing for your question
Coleman Instant Up