57 questions from our users

Taylah an dillinger

Taylah an dillingerasked

Coles Car Insurance

Hi i need my car insurance detail. Any help?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Taylah, thanks for getting in touch with us. We'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 265 374 as they'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Helen Basked

Coles Car Insurance

I would love to know after reading one complete page of "peoples terrible experiences" with Coles car insurance, how the hell are Coles allowed to operate ANY INSURANCE whatsoever!!! Surely Fair Trading know about Coles Insurance and their sneaky operations trying to manipulate people. Come on Fair Trading, pull your finger out and get rid of Coles completely as an insurer!!

Terry k
Terry k

Good question. Although I rang then when renewal premium arrived and got a new insurance provider it hasnt stopped them sending me messages to renew. The sooner someone gets rid of them the better

John

Hi Helen you must understand, if fair trading started proceedings against Coles insurance, it would take them years to clean them up because of the amount of claims on feedback alone!! John

Helen B

I simply would not go past either NRMA or GIO for car insurance. That's it!!

phill

phillasked

Coles Car Insurance

Did Coles car insurance from the start have a loading on top of the base premium for "pay by the month"? I was under the belief that they did not but was informed by their phone support people that they have always charged extra for this service. It is not itemised on any policy renewal documents I have but now is clearly shown on any online new quotes. Could it have changed with past takeover by IAG?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Phill, our Insurance pricing is set by IAG and reflects the increasing costs of providing insurance cover. We are confident Coles Car Insurance remains competitively priced with a great range of benefits.

Joshy Joseph

Joshy Josephasked

Coles Car Insurance

My wife had an accident and she had a head injury and was taken to hospital by emergency services. Her car was completely damaged due to the hit from back by another truck. We gave them reference number given by the cops and I was told by coles customer care that they cant get incident report from Victoria Police. If all insurnace company can get information from Victoria Police why not for coles insurance?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're concerned to hear this. Can you please respond to our private message so we can look into this for you?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Unfortunately, we're unable to message your profile on Product Review, Joshy. Could you please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 265 374, or alternatively contact the Coles Financial Services Facebook page?

Jenny B

Jenny Basked

Coles Car Insurance

Hi, how soon after keyhole surgery can i drive please?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jenny, thanks for stopping by. We'd recommend contacting a doctor regarding your query as they would be best placed to assist you.

John

If your with Coles insurance NEVER!!

jen

jenasked

Coles Car Insurance

Which company do you use for roadside assistance?

Alec

I have been an RACV member for 55 years.... I would call for assistance almost daily with my 1st car
I now drive a Lexus and NEVER need their assistance

Alec

Dear Jen... I immediately re insured with Woolworths without searching for best deal. I suspect
Bingle might be a good option

TJC
TJC

Jen, I am with NRMA. Luckily my cars don't break down and I have never used them.

Inda

Indaasked

Coles Car Insurance

We have placed a claim 10 weeks ago .content insurance payed out in 2 weeks , same incident , but Coles still waiting Quick to take your money , but don't want to honour their policy. Has anyone else waited this long? 10 weeks without a car, they can't even take our calls . Absolute disgrace

rajmehta
rajmehta

Email to complaint to financial ombudsman service. Email them whatever has happened.Consult your solicitor.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Inda, we're sorry you've had a difficult experience with us. Please respond to our private message if you'd like for us to look into this for you.

sumwij
sumwij

Yes... I am facing the same situation. A car with COLES insurance hit my car. The guy accepted the fault and informed the Coles at the time of lodging the claim in front of me. When I called to get an update and to repair my car, Coles telling me that I have to wait till they get the excess from their customer. Bloddy Joke?? That is their problem, we are third party, if they are at fault need to act quickly to rectify the issue. Still I am waiting for an answer almost week gone, I am spending $57/day every day for hire cars.

john

johnasked

Coles Car Insurance

Does the excess apply to broken windscreens?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi John, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 265 374 and they'll be happy to assist you with this.

Zaina B

Zaina Basked

Coles Car Insurance

I sold my car how do i stop my car insurance?

Charlz
Charlz

You call your I insurance company and tell that you have sold your car and that you would like to cancel your insurance. Make sure you say that you want to cancel your insurance my sister cancelled her home insurance and month later got a call from insurance company regarding home insurance she told them she cancelled the insurance and they said no she put the policy on hold. Always get the name and employer I'd from the person you speak to and always ask for a email confirming that you have cancelled your insurance.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Zaina, thanks for getting in touch. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 and they'll be able to assist you with this.

Clevew

Clevewasked

Coles Car Insurance

Do coles comprehensive insure a modified vehicle with a computer chip installed?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

That's a good question! We'd encourage you to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 and they'll be able to assist you.

Amandaasked

Coles Car Insurance

i got in to an incident where its the third party's fault. and now to get my car fix i have to pay for the excess fee ? because the team cant get in touch with the third party to get imformatio. from them?

what should i do to get my car back and fixed?

Nigel J
Nigel J

Amanda,
It really depends on how much damage there is to your car. In my case the damage is not getting worse, even though the damage is noticeable. I've complained to the nsw ombudsman and coles, so I'm waiting to hear from them. I refused to pay becsuse it wasn't my fault and considering how long coles are taking, I figured it would be ages until I get the excess back, if ever.

APM
APM

I went to the local police station to report and they contacted the owner who was uncooperative. The insurer also received this information and i did not pay excess. However my premium has gone up $200+ this year!

@annie
Wondering what informations dod u give them ? Cos i gave them.photos and details already..

Yalda

Yaldaasked

Coles Car Insurance

How do I inbox coles car insurance?

loibl
loibl

Not sure as to what you are referring to, but when you have completed with the request for your quote there will be an automatic confirmation to your inbox. However read other comments for Coles Insurance.

Ella Kim

Ella Kimasked

Coles Car Insurance

Is coles insurance has rental service when I car repair time?

Ian

They do, if you paid the extra on your policy. if your not at fault, ring the other insurer (other party) and demand they give you a rental car.

Just as a note, these guys are the worst rated Insurer in Australian History. The minute your claim is sorted, find another provider. These guys are a nightmare

John John

John Johnasked

Coles Car Insurance

Hi there, I'm an international student here in Newcastle, Australia. I don't have an Australian driving license, instead I'm just using my original driving license (from other countries) and the English translation of it. So, I'm not sure what type of driving license this is referred to, I was trying to get a quote online but not sure which option I should choose! could you please help me with this?
Regards
Hamed Yari

Bev
Bev

No, I can't. I am not an expert in the field. You should contact an Insurance Broker or an Insurance company.

bob
bob

Go to Budget insurance and do a live chat and ask them the question. I think there is a foreign licence option on some insurers websites.

Signofthetimes
Signofthetimes

You are not eligible for insurance as you are considered and unlicensed driver in most states of Australia. Having an overseas drivers license does not translate into having a state license in Australia. You cannot use an international license if you will be in Australia for more than a set period. This varies from state to state but NSW regards you as unlicensed if you rely on an international license for longer than 14 days. This means you are not licensed as you have a foreign countries license and not an International license. There are exemptions from this regime however you have admitted to not having a current license so you are ineligible for any insurance products or a license to drive.
Sorry if this is not what you had hoped but any insurance product you take with the details given is simply wasting your money. Please don't drive on Australian roads without a proper license. Regards.

Zeddy

Zeddyasked

Coles Car Insurance

do I have to nominate another driver if over 25?

Ian

Depends on the policy. Most companies will still charge an unnamed driver charge (up to $1200), but you need to look at your pds, as its varies per company.

Viktor

Viktorasked

Coles Car Insurance

My policy number is COMO-2392-3907. How do I find my documents for my car insurance on Coles Car Insurance Website? Thank you.

Sue

Don't bother, just cancel your policy and find a good insurer

Kerry Cossins
Kerry Cossins

Hi Viktor. Hopefully you will have found your docs now. My apologies for not responding earlier. I rarely read my Gmail emails. Basically, you can't locate them, only when you first join Coles insurance, and they send you the docs will you have them. Phoning Coles doesn't help, neither does email. It's sad but true. I've had cause to contact Coles insurance myself and they are extremely quick to take your money - in fact they won't send help unless you pay them an excess first whilst you are at the accident site and then they won't be there to help you! I'm leaving Coles insurance next year. They are woeful and the only good thing I can say is that the car was fixed quickly and well by the repairer they made me go to. I agree with Sue above, just cancel and search elsewhere.

Lee

Leeasked

Coles Car Insurance

Inquire about car insurance full cover 2005 camry 4 cylinder?

Go and look elsewher, Coles Car Insurance is shocking

winksk

winkskasked

Coles Car Insurance

I have good roadworthy tyres on my vehicle that will be 5yo in april . will I still have third party cover?

Damn, if your tyres are 5 years old, you should buy new ones

Paddy

Paddyasked

Coles Car Insurance

Hi. I justinsured my car with Coles, have bought a small campervan, how do I add this to my car policy? I need to orhganise this in the necxt 48 hours. Thank you. A Doughty
adoughty@hotmail.co.uk

DisappointedCB
DisappointedCB

I wouldn't bother. if you make a claim they wont pay out. you will get some indian in a call centre telling you off.

Nyx

Coles Insurance does not have separate insurance for caravans however if your Caravan/trailer is attached to your vehicle and you have an accident and your caravan is subsequently damaged, you will be covered up to $1000 for the repairs to your caravan.

Sue

Why would you bother, they're useless.....

MDDO

MDDOasked

Coles Car Insurance

Which country is the Coles Insurance customer care centre based?

Feefee
Feefee

Call centre is in South Africa...Hands down worst company I've had to deal with!!

Sue

Yes, definitely the worst insurance company ever.........

Sue

Agree, definitely the worst insurance company ever

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives