Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (12)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (34)
GusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THE WORST

Was involved in an accident with a coles insured driver. I was a stationary vehicle when the driver ran a red a crashed into me. It been nearly 6 months and now they just told me there driver was at fault, yet this lady on the phone trying to turn it on me like it was my fault. She just started yelling at me on the phone. I was on the phone an hour before I even got put through to her. She was so worked up she hung up me haha. Typical insurance people. Quick to take the money slow to hand it out. Negative 100 stars for service

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelMitsubishi Magna TE
Claim DateDecember 2018
Gus

Generic response. Same response to everyone that writes a review on here

Lowell T.
Lowell T.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely useless

Car ModelToyota Camry
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd be happy for us to look into this further, could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number, date of birth and claim number?

Other Car Insurance

Teyden
TeydenSouth East Queensland, QLD

One star is too generous!!

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Car Insurance

Find out how Coles Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Boukhriss LhcenSouth East Queensland, QLD

A terrible ongoing experience

2 weeks after the accident my car still not assessed called the insurance emailed every time i get a different answer or excuse I asked why it taking so long no valid excuse

Boukhriss Lhcen

I have send email coles no response

Sort it out Coles
Sort it out ColesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurer ever. SCAM

Car ModelSuzuki Swift
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and we'd like to assist further. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, claim/policy number and best contact number?

I don't know how to send you a private message. Claim number is COL191579905 you can find my details there . I have also sent a private message to the Coles facebook page. I will be expecting your phone call ASAP

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for confirming. We'll follow this up with you on your Facebook message.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Sheral
Sheral

Disgusting service

Terrible customer service. I would give it a NEGATIVE score if I could. Made a claim, been 3 months and still no response. The other party is a hire care from Hertz. And the reason they give for not approving our claim is because we didn't provide them with the other driver's address, who is a UK visitor. Hertz wouldn't give us that information and COLES wouldn't care to find out either. So either way, we are not going to get reimbursed. One of the worst insurance ever. !!!

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sheral, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment. We'd be happy to have this followed up further, can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, claim number and best contact number?

Agi
AgiPerth, WA

Awful customer service

Claim DateMarch 2018
AJone

Avoid! Lying staff and terrible company!!!!

Job Satisfaction
Car ModelFord Fiesta
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're disappointed to learn of your experience, and we're sorry for your frustration. We'd recommend following this up with our Customer Care Team, and they'll be able to assist you with this.

AJone

After supplying a bank statement and being TOLD I would receive a refund I am now not! Because a bank statement isn't enough proof. Have lodged a dispute with the ombudsmen to resolve this issue. Joke of a company!

Other Car Insurance

Robert KoomansSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Insurance Ever!

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateMarch 2013
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Robert, we're disappointed to hear this, and would like to have our team make sure this is looked into further. Please send us a message with your best contact number, details and policy number, so we can follow this up.

Car Insurance

Find out how Coles Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

EJGasked
Coles Car Insurance

Wow Coles Insurance, do you ever actually read any of these reviews? I was about to sign up with you until I read these and realised that the majority of reviews here canned your customer service - or lack thereof. And why is it that when some of these comments do receive a response it's the same thing said over and over again but nothing appears to improve or get resolved? Seemingly the only thing that's going to occur is that the feedback will be passed on. Great! You've certainly just lost my potential business.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback, and in light of what you've read, we hope you give us another chance in future.

Thanks but no thanks.

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage