See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (12)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (34)
Elle10
Elle10Hunter Region, NSW

Incompetent and slow

Car ModelNissan Pathfinder R52 ST-L
Claim DateFebruary 2021
MelissaSydney, NSW

DO NOT DO IT - Save yourself the stress from this horrendous company!

Car ModelHonda Jazz
Claim DateApril 2021
Melissa

Never again will I put myself through the stress of being ‘insured’ by your company. You’re another big corporation that only has your own interests in mind, NOT the consumer!

Mick S.
Mick S.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible.

Coles insurance is the worst insurance I have ever had, they do nothing to help you, in fact they go out of their way to make it harder for you.
I made a not at fault claim 3 months ago, still waiting, every time I call them I wait on the phone 30 - 40 then told will call you back it never happens. Be very careful avoid using this company.

Claim DateDecember 2020
Romina G.
Romina G.Sydney, NSW

They take your money but don’t pay claims!

I signed up with coles insurance for my new car back in April 2020. Just recently I went shopping with my niece and I asked her to move the car closer as we had large items and she managed to run up the rear of another car in the carpark and they won’t pay my claim because she is under 25... I’m actually going to the ombudsman regarding this matter. Never again. I know I will stick to insurance specialists moving forward but this is so painful because I would have been insured if I had stayed with GIO.

Car ModelHyundai i30 GD
Claim DateAugust 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Romina, thanks for sharing your feedback. We've responded to your private review.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid - our experience has been terrible

Claim DateApril 2020
Christine B.South East Queensland, QLD

No Service at ALL. Don't Bother

I have sent many emails to these people regarding my existing claim and received nothing. they don't respond to your emails or anything. they did not advise me at any step of the way what was happening with my claim. i had to find these details myself. I didn't even know where my car was for a week. so don't bother with this company - you are better going with a more reliable company.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (Hatchback) Equipe
Claim DateJune 2020
Christine B.

That tells you absolutely nothing about the progression or what is happening. That is where i was looking.

worst insurance company

Put in a claim, they did the repairs, faulty car running poorly or not at all on pickup up. Returned car and told fair wear and tear but cars not running. Needs to be towed. How to you drive a car into a repair shop then unable to drive it home????? They are a joke. Now we will not even shop at cole. Well done
Await for a reply, will pass this on to claims Dept. Ha Ha

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
John
JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't make a mistake using Coles Car Insurance

Submitted a refund at the "beginning" of the month so no issues of me taking advantage of days*
I've made 3 attempts for a refund by phone, at all times have been lied by their customer service team who said it's been processed but refuse to send a confirmation email. it's been almost a month since my query and I am still trying to resolve this. Seems to me Cole's trains their staff this way to lie and give customers run around to avoid refunds or give people such a hard time in hoping they give up. This is for a monthly bill btw I can't even imagine what current customers go thru if it's a full claim. Such a dirty practice!

Claim DateMay 2020

Ian
IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

If only I could give them zero stars

I wish that I never needed to write this review, unfortunately a tire bounced out of a oncoming trailer that failed to stop into the path of our vehicle damaging the front of our car and one other vehicle. Given we had Dashcam footage we though we would have no insurance problems. Went to the Police with the footage and they identified the owner of the other vehicle.

Now Coles Insurance tell us that as we don't have the Name and address of the other party we need to pay the $1200 excess, they admitted that they have not contacted the Police and the PDS states they don't need to. So now we're off the the ombudsman.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe
Claim DateMarch 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ian, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and frustration with your claim thus far. We'll ensure to share your comments and concerns to our Insurance Team so they're made aware and to review.

Allie H.
Allie H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Coles Car Insurance - borderline criminal

My car had to be written off - someone smashed into it.
Terrible experience dealing with this insurer. 2.5 months later - still no resolution. About 20+ phone conversations, endless repetition of the same information. I would have spent so far probably 40 hours+ trying to resolve this.
Lying, incompetent, misleading insurer. They should be stripped of any insurer license. DO NOT USE COLES CAR INSURANCE

Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Sedan) Maxx Sport
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateDecember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for contacting us, Allie. We're disappointed to hear that you've had a poor experience with us and we'll follow this up for you if you send us a private message with further details.

Khodr
KhodrSydney, NSW

My fault .lol. Are you serious???

I was turning left and your client overtaking me for the left side and hit my car on left side.
After i call them to claim about the accident .
First I was waiting for more than 45 minutes.
And I was shocked that I was to be claimed and reliable for the accident.
WTH, What a joke.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Khodr, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. If you'd like to follow up further, please send us a private message with further details.

Sophie ReynoldsSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Avoid avoid avoid - worst insurer ever

Car ModelSSV VE Commodore
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Sophie Reynolds

I have no idea where I'm supposed to DM to. Doesn't matter I've submitted a complaint through the ombudsman now

Coles screwed me over!

I agreed my renewal policy would be posted but coles sent it by email. It went to junk, my policy expired. I wasn't covered when I made a hail claim.

Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II / PX.III
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience with renewing your policy. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with our Specialist Team so they're made aware and to review.

Treated like a criminal over a hail damage claim

Absolutely disgusting do not go near this mob. My hail damage claim and my 1 at fault claim is still under investigation after 4 months. I have the actual proof of the video footage when it all occurred.
It is my first claim after 12 years and what makes it worse is after my claim they have upped my yearly insurance premium for an extra $500 a year while they still have my car locked up in a holding yard!

Claim DateJuly 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Mick, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with your claim. To follow up on this, we recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

pmdg7444
pmdg7444

super slow to review claim

On Monday I called to check on claim. Was assured flagged as urgent
On Tuesday called again. Nothing.
On Wednesday, car dropped off. Called again. Was assured its urgent
On Thursday called again. Was told I would get a call by cob. Nothing
On Friday still havent heard anything.

My car has been sitting idle at the repairer whilst they ignore their customers. Atrocious.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us and we're sorry to hear about this poor experience. If you'd like to have a member from our Customer Support Team contact you, can you please PM us with your claim number and best contact details?

Quinnasked

Why do you think people will take this insurance?you have 1.5 star for a reason

dobbieb
dobbiebasked
Coles Car Insurance

Is my Coles Policy No COMO-01-148-8105 still current?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers' accounts via this platform. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

EJGasked
Coles Car Insurance

Wow Coles Insurance, do you ever actually read any of these reviews? I was about to sign up with you until I read these and realised that the majority of reviews here canned your customer service - or lack thereof. And why is it that when some of these comments do receive a response it's the same thing said over and over again but nothing appears to improve or get resolved? Seemingly the only thing that's going to occur is that the feedback will be passed on. Great! You've certainly just lost my potential business.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback, and in light of what you've read, we hope you give us another chance in future.

Thanks but no thanks.

Quinn

I made one claim not even my fault $600 excess plus your premiums have gone up 40%
Why would I renew this policy?

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage