See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

Windscreen claim

Claim DateMarch 2021
AntinoSydney, NSW

5 weeks on and still no car from repairer

car had needed a new front bumper ,excusses galore now 4 weeks still not started and Coles do nothing but get accesors to call me and lie about it, no support from coles just words and going round in circles ,you can`t get onto the repairers no one calls ,so stressed out ,we caught them out with 3 of their lies and still it goes on ,been with coles for 8 years and this is what me ,my family and our friends who are mortified get ,,so Mr nicolas hawkins CEO of coles ins short of going onto A currant Affair in Sydney and doing a report on the repairer and the lac of support from coles what would you do ,just read the one star ratings on all platforms about coles ,i`ve learn`t my lesson

Car ModelFord Ranger Raptor
Claim DateJune 2021
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for any inconvenience and frustration caused, Antino.

Clark Lee
Clark LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from this company.

Car was stolen. 6 weeks later I get my payout. The only reason I got it was threatening to take them to the insurance ombudsman. Worst insurance company EVER. Will never use them again and will tell everyone I know that they are awful.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2021
Dani O.
Dani O.Murray Region, NSW

Coles insurance will shaft you

1. Claim in since March
2. Claim approved and agreed on
3. Coles make excuse after excuse as to why they cant pay just yet
4. Multiple complaints, multiple phone calls - nothing
5. Look at all the bad reviews, do not sign up, they will shaft you.
6. The employees knowingly work for a shafty company - sad

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelHolden Astra
Claim DateMarch 2020

Mark Reese
Mark Reese

The Bad Reviews are piling up!

After a stressful encounter with a person who had broken into my car and was trying to get it started it while I was waiting for the police, I was feeling much better after lodging a claim and spoke to a helpful consultant on the phone who assured me as it wasn't my fault and the offender was in custody so I wouldn't be liable to pay the excess amount. The next day I received a phone call and a person 'advised' me to try and retrieve the money from the offender through small claims court. Now my car is kept hostage at the repairers unless I pay the excess. I have emailed requesting answers without response. Appalling situation which now will need to reported to ASIC

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Can’t wait to never have to deal with this company again.

Car ModelMitsubishi ASX
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Shocking. Avoid at all cost

Car ModelHolden Captiva CG MaXX
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi George, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry for the delay in our response. Please note, we've responded to your other review some time ago.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Chicri M.
Chicri M.South East Queensland, QLD

Give their customers the run around when claims are made.

I have been with Coles Insurance a number of years and I have a number of policies.
What Coles Insurance promise and what they deliver are totally different. Attention to claims? Non-existent.
My car was booked with a Coles recommended repairer only to be told the job was too big for them, they took photos and sent them on my behalf. More than two weeks later I am still waiting to hear from the assessor. I called twice only to be told the assessor is still looking into it. Not a good way to treat loyal customers.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Chicri, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear you experienced a delay with your car insurance claim and we're very sorry for the poor experience. We hope you notice an improvement in the future.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

So we're able to follow this up for you with our Customer Care Team, could you please DM us your full name, claim number, contact number and time and date best suited for contact?

Angelique K.Illawarra, NSW

This company needs to be investigated

Car ModelNissan Micra K12
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your frustration, Angelique. We'd recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374 so that they can look into this for you straight away.

The worst

Coles car insurance is the worst. Dont waste your time with this insurance company. I lost my car in October from an accident and Im still chasing them up now to get a pay out. No one has called me for any updates regarding the claim (which they should) and every time I call them; Im stuck on the phone on hold for 30 minutes+ and get tossed around from 1 team to another. In this case its claims- total loss-settlements and nothing still gets done at the end of the day. DISGUSTING SERVICE!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelToyota Camry ASV70R / GSV70R Ascent Sport
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claimant is the policy holder No
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Almost ripped me off $1000.00. Team can't find payments on their own bank statement or record them properly.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jess, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Are you able to send us a direct message with your policy number so we can raise this with our Customer Care team?

Jess W.
Jess W.

Hi Guys, I have received a phone call and have now done this.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for that, Jess. We're happy to hear you've been contacted by our Customer Care team. Please feel free to direct message us at any time should you have any further queries or concerns.

Not happy Jan
Not happy JanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont waste your time or money

Very poor customer service. Cant claim online, only able to make a claim over the phone Monday-Friday during business hrs. When calling out of theses hrs you are out through to a call centre in Sth Africa whos response is we will get someone to call you back within the next 47hrs.

Car ModelFord Territory

nicole
nicole

dirty trick & disgusting

4 in 5 staff told me I can only have the hire car for 14 days, until I sent them the original terms and condition says i can have the hire car until the car repair is done.

the ceo, the management are playing dirty trick, which is discussing, will shop with woollies from now on.
the repairer they nominate is rubbish, not even have the quotation ready after having the car in their yard more than one week, miss two main areas did not repair, have to talk to the accessor. so far, the case been delayed for three weeks now, not sure how long it will take in total. hire car charging hire car fee from my account without any notification.

Car ModelToyota Camry ASV50R / AVV50R Altise
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nicole, thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. Could you please send us a PM with your claim details and contact details so we're able to have the relevant teams follow this up?

Justin Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

Appalling customer service. 3 days waiting for funds to hit my account even though I told them how desperate we are for we lost a written off car 2 weeks ago. No one cares, no one phones. Never again will I use Coles.

Car ModelProton Persona
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Justin, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Please be assured that we've passed on your feedback to the relevant teams for review and consideration.

Justin Z.

And I am still waiting for funds to hit the account! This simply is poor!

Justin Z.

You would think after the phone calls & emails Coles Insurance would be doing their utmost to have the problem resolved but still not. If its not in the account tomorrow Ill be seeking advice.

Car insurance

Coles insurance is one of the worst experience i have ever had. They fix my car with really bad quality stuff and won't fix it properly. I won't be using this service anymore

Claim DateDecember 2018
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gagandeep, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear this! To follow this up further, we'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they're best suited to assist. We're sorry for any hassle.

Quinnasked

Why do you think people will take this insurance?you have 1.5 star for a reason

dobbieb
dobbiebasked
Coles Car Insurance

Is my Coles Policy No COMO-01-148-8105 still current?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers' accounts via this platform. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

EJGasked
Coles Car Insurance

Wow Coles Insurance, do you ever actually read any of these reviews? I was about to sign up with you until I read these and realised that the majority of reviews here canned your customer service - or lack thereof. And why is it that when some of these comments do receive a response it's the same thing said over and over again but nothing appears to improve or get resolved? Seemingly the only thing that's going to occur is that the feedback will be passed on. Great! You've certainly just lost my potential business.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback, and in light of what you've read, we hope you give us another chance in future.

Thanks but no thanks.

Quinn

I made one claim not even my fault $600 excess plus your premiums have gone up 40%
Why would I renew this policy?

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage