• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

poor service

no I did not I found the person on the phone for Coles insurance rude and not easy to understand her she seem to lack knowledge of the new car I had purchased
I will not recommend Coles insurance to any one I know and if asked I will advise them of my experience

Car ModelSuzuki Baleno EW GL

Coles screwed me over!

I agreed my renewal policy would be posted but coles sent it by email. It went to junk, my policy expired. I wasn't covered when I made a hail claim.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II (2015-Present)
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience with renewing your policy. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with our Specialist Team so they're made aware and to review.

The worst

Coles car insurance is the worst. Dont waste your time with this insurance company. I lost my car in October from an accident and Im still chasing them up now to get a pay out. No one has called me for any updates regarding the claim (which they should) and every time I call them; Im stuck on the phone on hold for 30 minutes+ and get tossed around from 1 team to another. In this case its claims- total loss-settlements and nothing still gets done at the end of the day. DISGUSTING SERVICE!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Car ModelToyota Camry ASV70R / GSV70R Ascent Sport

J W

J Wmelbourne

Do not waste your time - they do not honour an online quote

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Claim in progress

Lodged a claim with coles on Sunday night. Been ringing continuously since Monday to see the status of my claim to find its under investigation as Ive switched from another insurer. I asking ked why to be told that theres no fraud involved. Are you serious? Im not a criminal dont like being treated like a criminal. All I want are answers as to whether my claim is approved or not and if Im able to get a hire car. Im a shift worker currently and n night shift. Need to be able to get to and from work. Not impressed with coles. Will never recommend them.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelNissan Navara D22
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Treated like a criminal over a hail damage claim

Absolutely disgusting do not go near this mob. My hail damage claim and my 1 at fault claim is still under investigation after 4 months. I have the actual proof of the video footage when it all occurred.
It is my first claim after 12 years and what makes it worse is after my claim they have upped my yearly insurance premium for an extra $500 a year while they still have my car locked up in a holding yard!

Claim DateJuly 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Mick, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with your claim. To follow up on this, we recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Jimmy

JimmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They cancelled my insurance when I called them to correct my name. Consultant very indifferent.

I have been with this company for a long time. Recently I bought a new car, they got name spelled wrongly I asked them to correct it, they cancelled my insurance. The experience of dealing with the claim team very indifferent. No urgency.

Car ModelNissan Qashqai J11 Ti
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jimmy, we appreciate your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with making changes to your account. We'd like to follow up for you, could you please send us a private message with your full name and best contact number?

Fraud Insurance

Don't go with any IAG group of Insurance, they are looting money and never listen their customers, pathetic experiences. Denied a claim with silly reasons after 4 years of continuous payment.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Siby, thanks for your feedback in relation to our Insurance. We're disappointed to hear you feel this way and we'll ensure to share your comments on to our Insurance Team so they're made aware.

Siby M.
Siby M.

I will publish all the details through public media soon

Almost ripped me off $1000.00. Team can't find payments on their own bank statement or record them properly.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jess, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Are you able to send us a direct message with your policy number so we can raise this with our Customer Care team?

Jess W.
Jess W.

Hi Guys, I have received a phone call and have now done this.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for that, Jess. We're happy to hear you've been contacted by our Customer Care team. Please feel free to direct message us at any time should you have any further queries or concerns.

Fabulous customer service

Fantastic value for our policy
Great customer service by representative
Easy to contact even though I called on a weekend
English speaking representative so no communication problems
Could not rate the customer service representative highly enough

Car ModelHonda CR-V
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rhonda, thanks for the feedback! We're thrilled that you're happy with the customer service received from our teams and we'll be sure to share your comments on to the relevant teams so they're made aware.

Rhonda Z.
Rhonda Z.

No problem

super slow to review claim

On Monday I called to check on claim. Was assured flagged as urgent
On Tuesday called again. Nothing.
On Wednesday, car dropped off. Called again. Was assured its urgent
On Thursday called again. Was told I would get a call by cob. Nothing
On Friday still havent heard anything.

My car has been sitting idle at the repairer whilst they ignore their customers. Atrocious.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us and we're sorry to hear about this poor experience. If you'd like to have a member from our Customer Support Team contact you, can you please PM us with your claim number and best contact details?

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont waste your time or money

Very poor customer service. Cant claim online, only able to make a claim over the phone Monday-Friday during business hrs. When calling out of theses hrs you are out through to a call centre in Sth Africa whos response is we will get someone to call you back within the next 47hrs.

Car ModelFord Territory
Brendan Muller

Brendan MullerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do I have to give Coles Car Insurance even one star?

I am making a small claim for a single vehicle accident. Under $2000. The first repairer we were sent to by Coles Car Insurance had closed down. They would not accept the quote from the second repairer they sent us to (after we had to chase them up, having not heard from them for an unacceptably long time) and now Coles Car Insurance will not accept the quote from the third repairer they sent us to. We've just been given the details for the fourth (yes, you read that correctly) repairer. Wish me luck and please guess what is top of my to-do list once I do manage to sort this all out. Have nothing to do with them. There's something seriously wrong about the way they do stuff. Hopeless.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Car ModelHonda Jazz
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Brendan, thanks for getting in touch. Could you please PM us your contact details and claim number so we're able to have our Claims Team follow this up?

nicole

nicole

dirty trick & disgusting

4 in 5 staff told me I can only have the hire car for 14 days, until I sent them the original terms and condition says i can have the hire car until the car repair is done.

the ceo, the management are playing dirty trick, which is discussing, will shop with woollies from now on.
the repairer they nominate is rubbish, not even have the quotation ready after having the car in their yard more than one week, miss two main areas did not repair, have to talk to the accessor. so far, the case been delayed for three weeks now, not sure how long it will take in total. hire car charging hire car fee from my account without any notification.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelToyora Camry ASV50R / AVV50R Altise
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nicole, thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. Could you please send us a PM with your claim details and contact details so we're able to have the relevant teams follow this up?

sibySouth East Queensland, QLD

World No 1 Worst insurance company

I am member of Coles insurance since 4 years. Last month made an accident that was first in my lifetime, I contacted coles for my claim. Now almost one month, they never replied on time. They need 24 to 48 hours for our questions to answer. Even though they will not call you back on this time,and they try to avoid you in many ways ( this case is with other team etc..) and never able to contact them directly.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. Could we please ask that you call our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to look into this.

siby

such a stupid company and cultureless/irresponsible people are working with you. shame on you coles.

Justin Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

Appalling customer service. 3 days waiting for funds to hit my account even though I told them how desperate we are for we lost a written off car 2 weeks ago. No one cares, no one phones. Never again will I use Coles.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Car ModelProton Persona
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Justin, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Please be assured that we've passed on your feedback to the relevant teams for review and consideration.

Justin Z.

And I am still waiting for funds to hit the account! This simply is poor!

Justin Z.

You would think after the phone calls & emails Coles Insurance would be doing their utmost to have the problem resolved but still not. If its not in the account tomorrow Ill be seeking advice.

Annoyed

Annoyed

Disgraceful

House and contents with Coles for almost 10 years.Never ever late with payments or never had claims and then receive a letter to say they can no longer insure us.Coffs Harbour has been classed as a flood area and all of a sudden we are to high risk.We have never flooded and will never flood but not even a option to remove flood cover.So Coles will not insure people living in Coffs but were happy to do it for past 10 years.Coles are not cheap with their insurance and we will also look else where for our car insurances.This is disgusting behaviour from Coles and the person i spoke to could only say we have new Underwriters.I hope you lose a lot of customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, we're sorry to hear of your disappointment. Please be assured that we'll share your feedback with our Insurance Team for consideration.

Bandula

Bandula

Happy with Coles Car Insurance

I was accident free for 6 years until a guy came behind me and knocked off rear hatch and the bumper, as he was too hasty to drive on Green light. I immediate stopped the car and anyway he was kind enough to accept that it was his fault. He gave me his driving license to note down license number name and address. i spoke to Coles , they got the history and the other drivers details. They sent details of the place where we can do the repair next day itself. The repair place had to import door (Mitsubishi Outlander 2014) it took about a month. Panel repair was done almost back to same level as it was before. Did not have to pay excess. I am happy with Coles support. Planning to activate higher car and road side assistant.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hey Bandula, thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate the kind words, we'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams!

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a very happy customer

Been with this company for almost 5 years.Missed the last payment but got claims rep to connect to personnel and made payment only to be told by Rep. that claim is still pending 4 days later.
Repair would be pending based on conformation of policy update.Very frustrating.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelNissan X-Trail T30
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Leon, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about the delay and should you require any further assistance, please call our customer care team on 1300 265 374.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for the frustrating experience, Leon. We recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can look into this for you.

Dolly

DollySouth East Queensland, QLD

Coles "Market Value" is about half what it is actually worth.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Dolly, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'll be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Brock Allan

Brock Allanasked

Could I please cancel my car insurance. It is due to start on the 9th of April 2020. My policy number is Como-1228-5007 and my name is Brock Allan

Teacherasked

Is it true that Coles will only insure undamaged new cars ?
This is what happened when one of my relatives requested an online quote "complete with pictures of some declared minor door damage", to be told online insurance is not possible, call customer service.
Customer service agent told my relative Coles will only insure undamaged new cars.
Is this true?

Xenad
Xenad

Hi Teacher. I had my older car insured with coles when they were backed by wesfarmers and never had issues. As soon as they moved to another company I got out. Prices skyrocketed and were no longer competitive. My advice to you is don't use them. Try budget or Suncorp. As for not insuring a car with minor damage sounds ludicrous. I wouldn't waste my time with them. I hope that helps.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. Please be assured, we're constantly looking at our underwriting rules, and will pass your feedback onto our product team for their consideration. In the meantime, we recommend calling our Insurance Team on 1300 265 374, if you have any further queries, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Teacher

We have no further queries.
You have clearly stated your policy. Coles Only insures new cars with no damage.
Why would we want to contact you again?

Robasked

I currently have 3 cars insured through Coles insurance, today I tried insuring my new LDV T60 and instead of a price I get a screen stating that Coles cannot offer me insurance due to my circumstances. What is going on ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rob, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'll be best placed to assist you with this.

Rob

Spoke to customer care, My new car is one they don't insure, So the fact it is brand new, has a 5 star uncap rating means nothing to Coles. So I will be insuring this car elsewhere and moving my 3 other cars and 2 property insurances as well. Very poor of Coles to not care about loyalty to their customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, Rob. Please be assured that we'll share you feedback with the relevant teams.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives