How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (21)
    • 3+ months (36)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (33)

Shaneo
ShaneoSouthwest, VIC

Terrible experience with customer care team- I would avoid them. And way too expensive

Had a very poor experience with Coles car insurance, their call centre is very poorly managed and hard to deal with, and offer no real support.
I called up to discuss an address change and everything was so hard.
They more than double my premium, and didn’t offer any sort of loyalty discount. Or solution to my problem. And basically didn’t care at all.
Absolutely no loyalty for current customers.

Michael Duggan
Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overpriced

I found them to be very expensive compared to other better priced offers from well known car insurance companies. The attitude was also very complacent as it seemed to be a very much "take it or leave it."

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for sharing your review. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the price of our products and we'll ensure to pass along your feedback through to our teams so they're made aware and to review. Thanks again. :)

Ben Ash
Ben AshHunter Region, NSW

Good online and phone service - great prices!

I have several insurance policies through Coles and have always found the cover and price very competitive. The one time I made a small claim (on my home insurance) it was paid out though took some time. My comprehensive cover includes and under 25 driver (albeit perfect driving record) and it's competitively priced.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ben, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your experience with our products and services and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Find out how Coles Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Coles don't want to sell the insurance service for no reason?

I have being used Coles third party car insurance for many years on one of my car. I have never made claim on that. Now I want to buy this for an other car but Coles doesn't want to sell me that. I have no idea why they deny me. If I choose to online renew my first car (currently with Coles third party car insurance) it deny me as well, but they will renew it on the phone. That's absolutely weird and make me feel bad

HKL
HKL

The website shows "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you Coles Car Insurance as your particular situation falls outside our rules for providing insurance."

Sheryl. T
Sheryl. TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Have been most courteous and prompt insurance i have dealt with.

I have unfortunately had to make a claim after an at fault accident. I struggled a little with the online claim process so called and was helped by a wonderful lady. I went to the preferred repairer which happens to be the one i had to take my vehicle to when i was with RACV and had a claim where i wasnt at fault. Lovely repairer. I had further questions and called online, spoke to jamie and he made me feel very comfortable and assisted me instantly.
You see how good they are when you need them, couldnt be happier.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
MJO64
MJO64Murray Region, NSW

Been with them for years claimed once

This driver ran into the back of me at traffic lights, it was so easy to make a claim over the phone. It took around about 10 minutes and my car was booked in for repair the following week. Could not be happier with Coles insurance and the operator was very pleasant to deal with

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're delighted to hear your feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams for their awareness and to recognise their wider teams for their efforts. Thanks again!

Very happy with my insurance

I had comprehensive insurance for my new car. I was rear ended and the car was written off within the first month. Coles provided me with a new replacement car in a very timely manner (exactly the same make and model as my previous car). Even though this happened over the Christmas and new year period, their customer service and communication was excellent. I have taken out coles insurance on my new car! Thanks coles insurance, I am extremely happy with my cover!

Richard
RichardSydney, NSW

Please call your customers

Missed one payment, they sent a email which was lost in my junk. Cancelled policy. Why is it so difficult to just call your customers? One simple phone call would have sorted it out on the spot. Another example of crap Australian customer service.

bob g
bob gSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with,and good Rates

We are in our 4yr with coles insurance,never made a claim,and just organised the renewal to cover our
new ,vehicle we about to take delivery of soon 10/10
we are very happy with the service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Bob, thanks for sharing your review. We're delighted to hear your feedback about our products and customer service. We'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware that they're doing a great job! Thanks again.

Skyline49South East Queensland, QLD

Rude, arrogant customer service, and no follow up

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're very sorry to hear of your poor experience. Please note, we replied to your private message some time ago. We hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Skyline49

Pfffft don’t hold your breath! Bye

Peter Aumann
Peter AumannGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent value

Was required to make a claim following an accident. The online claim was easy to complete, and the person making the follow up phone call was efficient, courteous, and knowledgeable. The repair was arranged, and completed in a suitable time frame. Would not hesitate to recommend Coles car insurance

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're delighted to hear your kind and thoughtful words about your experience and we'll ensure to share your feedback with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Two strike your out

After two claims in just over 5 years Coles car insurance sends me a letter saying we're sorry we can't renew your policy unfortunately, your situation falls outside our product rules. What a lot of garbage.

viv
viv

Podcast will say a lot more about the injustice and why the gap between the rich and the poor is just growing

kris
krisVictoria, 3931

Worst company save yourself the stress

Coles car insurance along with there underwriters are a scam they will do anything not to pay you let alone pay out much less, there repairs are far from lifetime warranty / guaranteed. they only look out for each other when they are required to claim this is why they treat customers like crap. just informed a customer is taking them to court as they have proof Coles and IAG have committed fraud on many occasions, now there really screwed.

joeyjodes
joeyjodesGerroa

Would give zero if it were an option

Very sneaky and over priced. Look out for the “voluntary excess”, it’s a stinger. Will be looking for a new insurer for our vehicle. 0 stars is the true rating for this misleading company.

Awesome!! Insurance

Awesome!! Insurance ...Ididn't sign up with coles insurance before because of some bad revews I saw online....biggest mistake Ive ever made ..This is the Best car insurance so far !! Quick response when I had an accident. I fill the form online they response within 24 hrs all sorted after that..Amazing and very cheap compare to other insurances.I also get more points because I also shop at coles...thanks heaps Coles

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Viliami, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted to hear of your experience and we'll ensure to share your review with our teams so they're made aware and to recognise the team for their efforts. Thanks again. :)

Adolf Logesasked
Coles Car Insurance

Hi there,
I do not have a question, but I would like to get renewal notices send to Adolf Loges of 1 Dumfries Crt. Highton/Vic. 3216 In Paper form in Future. Policy number is COMO-9439-4786,also for my Wife Elisabeth Loges To the same Address.Policy Number COMO- 8360-2407
Regards Adolf Loges

Adolf Loges

Why cant you confirm that you send Renewal Notices in Paper form in future .You have our Policy numbers !
Adolf Loges at1 Dumfries Ctr. Highton/Vic 3216

My Name is Adolf Loges, Dumfries Crt. Highton/Vic. 3216
My Wife's Name Elisabeth Loges, same address Birthday 28/1/1937

Sandra Davidson
Sandra Davidson

Hi Adolf.
This is a public forum so you might want to take down your private details.
Just saying.

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage