How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (21)
    • 3+ months (35)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (33)

Romina G.
Romina G.Sydney, NSW

They take your money but don’t pay claims!

I signed up with coles insurance for my new car back in April 2020. Just recently I went shopping with my niece and I asked her to move the car closer as we had large items and she managed to run up the rear of another car in the carpark and they won’t pay my claim because she is under 25... I’m actually going to the ombudsman regarding this matter. Never again. I know I will stick to insurance specialists moving forward but this is so painful because I would have been insured if I had stayed with GIO.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Romina, thanks for sharing your feedback. We've responded to your private review.

Laona
LaonaPerth, WA

Great insurance

Good value, no claims as yet, ive been with Coles insurance for over 1 year and wont be changing. No roadside, I have RAC. My updated details were done in a timely manner

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Laona, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your experience with us so far and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

hako
hakoDarling Downs, QLD

Cannot fault.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Hako, thanks for getting in touch. We're delighted to hear your feedback about your experience and we'll ensure to share your feedback with our teams so they're made aware and to recognise the team for their hard work and efforts. Thanks again!

Bec Williams
Bec WilliamsNortheast, VIC

So easy to deal with

The employee on the phone was in Australia (Melbourne) so easy to communicate with. Was such an easy process. Very impressed and she made it an enjoyable call. Easily helped me and I was Definitely impressed

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Bec, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're delighted to hear your praises and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're aware and to keep up the great work. Thanks again!

Excellent, Service

I've just recently switched to Coles car insurance and also, unfortunately, had an accident. I found Coles Insurance, friendly prompt and kept me up to date on the progress of my repair. The repairer also was friendly and helpful.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

Buyer Beware - Choose another Insurer

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid - our experience has been terrible

Sha
ShaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

300% increase in premium due to change in address!!!!

I called Coles to advise my change in address which is only 20kms difference to the previous one. I was advised my premium increase from $251.00 to $651.00!!!! I said there must be a mistake but the call centre person insisted this was the premium!!!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sha, thanks for reaching out and raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we've shared this with our teams. Please note that we also replied to your private message.

Colin
Colin

Updating additional services to my existing policy

I checked my policy as i had a friend that had a stone crack his windscreen and wanted to make sure i had this on my policy. I checked and found that i did not. I called the Coles phone number and spoke to a very nice lady who helped add this to my policy as well i also added the road side assist as my car is now 5 years old so anytime going forward i may need this service as well. She was great to talk to and for both to be added to my policy it only cost additional $83.59. I also have my home and contents with Coles and have found they are very reasonable with their prices. I would thoroughly recommend Coles. Outstanding Service

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Colin, thanks for writing your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we'll ensure to pass on your kind words to our Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Find out how Coles Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Please read my post before making a mistake. It may save you a new car or a holiday.

I would steer clear from Coles insurance. I'm sure the people are lovely but the prices are astronomical with price increases well above your standard 2-3% CPI increase. I have a 2012 Toyota and am 31 years of age with only 1 accident in the past 5 years and was asked to pay $4200 per year and could not choose my own mechanic, having my car taken for 6 weeks with no replacement.
I am happy to say I have now made the switch and am paying $1000 per year and have all the extras Coles did not provide me with.
I take responsibility for not making the switch sooner. They draw you in with a good price for your first year and after that you may feel robbed as I did. The amount I spent on insurance, I could have purchased another car.

Prateek G.
Prateek G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Coles insurance sucks

I am with Coles insurance for more than 4 years but they have no value for their customer. It’s all about money making. They sucks bad service won’t recommend to

Nadine
NadineSouth East Queensland, QLD

It all went surprisingly well?!

Christine B.South East Queensland, QLD

No Service at ALL. Don't Bother

I have sent many emails to these people regarding my existing claim and received nothing. they don't respond to your emails or anything. they did not advise me at any step of the way what was happening with my claim. i had to find these details myself. I didn't even know where my car was for a week. so don't bother with this company - you are better going with a more reliable company.

Christine B.

That tells you absolutely nothing about the progression or what is happening. That is where i was looking.

Dani O.
Dani O.Murray Region, NSW

Coles insurance will shaft you

1. Claim in since March
2. Claim approved and agreed on
3. Coles make excuse after excuse as to why they cant pay just yet
4. Multiple complaints, multiple phone calls - nothing
5. Look at all the bad reviews, do not sign up, they will shaft you.
6. The employees knowingly work for a shafty company - sad

mhaloush
mhaloush

STAY AWAY, call center in South Africa your personal and bank details are at risk, rude staff, bad customer services

I wish I could rate it with zero star.
Stay away from Coles Insurance, very bad customer services, very expensive price, rude staff, overseas call center in South Africa which means that your personal details including bank/card details are at serious and critical risk...Australian Government should close this business, the call center is located in South Africa and all staff are Indians with rude attitude and zero customer services. It was big mistake so stay away and listen to others' customers previous experience about this low quality insurance.. Stay away ...Not recommended at all or you will be sorry...Terrible...Terrible...Terrible....Etc

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We've responded to your private message.

Adolf Logesasked
Coles Car Insurance

Hi there,
I do not have a question, but I would like to get renewal notices send to Adolf Loges of 1 Dumfries Crt. Highton/Vic. 3216 In Paper form in Future. Policy number is COMO-9439-4786,also for my Wife Elisabeth Loges To the same Address.Policy Number COMO- 8360-2407
Regards Adolf Loges

Adolf Loges

Why cant you confirm that you send Renewal Notices in Paper form in future .You have our Policy numbers !
Adolf Loges at1 Dumfries Ctr. Highton/Vic 3216

My Name is Adolf Loges, Dumfries Crt. Highton/Vic. 3216
My Wife's Name Elisabeth Loges, same address Birthday 28/1/1937

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage