How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (21)
    • 3+ months (35)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (33)

Charged an exorbitant fee when moving interstate then told to cancel and go elsewhere if I don't like it.

South Yarra Local
South Yarra Local
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We appreciate your additional feedback and we're sorry to hear you feel this way. It'll sad to see you go and we hope you give us another chance in future.

Very bad customer service

I emailed Coles to cancel my car insurance third party damage ( monthly payment) as I sold it and moved overseas. However, nobody responded to my emails ( already sent twice) after one week. What is happening with Coles? Very bad and disappointing service!

Nguyen
Nguyen
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this, Nguyen. If your email still hasn't been responded to can you please send us a private message with your contact details and policy number?

Why am I paying another $40.00 for one month's coverage on existing policy - I moved house.

I have changed my address and have been charged more than $40.00 for less than 4 weeks remaining on my existing policy. That is exhorbitant! I understand the premium may change based on my postcode but $40.00 for four weeks equates to an annual increase of nearly $500.00. How is that justifiable. Very disappointed in this service.

Find out how Coles Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Coles insurance is the best one around

5 years with Coles car insurance. It has value for money. Staff is co-operative. Good rewards.
Most of the shopping we do in coles. Their insurance rocks. Easy to understand polivies

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Farrukh, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted to hear your praises and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Random Nobody

Random NobodyBrisbane

Absolutely shocking and very unprofessional! Wish I could give them 0 stars. Avoid them at all cost!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Aaron

Aaron

Worst car insurance company!!

Biggest mistake we made by switching from Budget to Coles car insurance. Someone reversed into our car and have been chasing them for over 4 weeks to get the car fixed but still going around in circles. Had no help from Coles insurance whatsoever in getting the matter resolved. In fact, they told us to deal with other parties insurance directly. If, we had to deal ourselves then why do we pay a premium? No wonder why Coles has such an appalling customer satisfaction rate. Must AVOID!!

Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

Do not ever take out insurance with Coles!!

Appalling company. Have only ever spoken to a local Australia representative once (who hung up on me when I politely requested a reference number). Be warned from all reviews here.

Mark Reese

Mark Reese

The Bad Reviews are piling up!

After a stressful encounter with a person who had broken into my car and was trying to get it started it while I was waiting for the police, I was feeling much better after lodging a claim and spoke to a helpful consultant on the phone who assured me as it wasn't my fault and the offender was in custody so I wouldn't be liable to pay the excess amount. The next day I received a phone call and a person 'advised' me to try and retrieve the money from the offender through small claims court. Now my car is kept hostage at the repairers unless I pay the excess. I have emailed requesting answers without response. Appalling situation which now will need to reported to ASIC

worst insurance company

Put in a claim, they did the repairs, faulty car running poorly or not at all on pickup up. Returned car and told fair wear and tear but cars not running. Needs to be towed. How to you drive a car into a repair shop then unable to drive it home????? They are a joke. Now we will not even shop at cole. Well done
Await for a reply, will pass this on to claims Dept. Ha Ha

TVMSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst. Do not insure your car with Coles Insurance

Coles cancelled my insurance after my credit card changed and they could not access direct debit. I accept the credit card issue was my error but the effort they made to inform me of my oversight was pathetic and NEGLEGENT. Once they made the decision to cancel my insurance they did not inform me. I was driving an uninsured car for 6 months. Thankfully I did not have an accident. I found out by fluke about the cancellation and Coles refused to re-insure me as I disclosed that a small scratch that they already had on record had developed a tiny rust patch. That has caused me a huge stress. Go elsewhere. So terrible.

TVM

I will not. Coles Insurance has caused me huge stress. Coles Insurance's behaviour was inexcusable and If I could be bothered to prove it - probably illegal.

TAK KWONG RONALD L.

TAK KWONG RONALD L.South East Queensland, QLD

It's the worst car insurance. can't acceptance.

John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't make a mistake using Coles Car Insurance

Submitted a refund at the "beginning" of the month so no issues of me taking advantage of days*
I've made 3 attempts for a refund by phone, at all times have been lied by their customer service team who said it's been processed but refuse to send a confirmation email. it's been almost a month since my query and I am still trying to resolve this. Seems to me Cole's trains their staff this way to lie and give customers run around to avoid refunds or give people such a hard time in hoping they give up. This is for a monthly bill btw I can't even imagine what current customers go thru if it's a full claim. Such a dirty practice!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Can’t wait to never have to deal with this company again.

Reeviewah

ReeviewahCanberra 2600, ACT

Cheap and nasty

Brian T.

Brian T.Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Very unhelpful when making a claim

Reported minor hail damage when sent to be assessed was informed of financial write off. To make a claim was told car had to be handed in with rego canceled then could purchase back and re register. Conflicting information given by many staff members, policy, and claim papers. Canceled claim was told insurance canceled yet I can still log in to my active account. Not happy with service at all.

Peter debrincat

Peter debrincatasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

gloria.fardyasked

Coles Car Insurance

If I don’t want to renew my car policy when do I notify Coles insurance, my policy expires 10th May. Thanking you Gloria

Grant A.

Call them before the due date and advise that you don’t want to renew the policy

gloria.fardy

Hi Grant, I forgot to ask.... would this mean I will be charged the $25 cancellation fee

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gloria, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Customer Support Team, on 1300 265 374, when you can, as they'd be best placed to advise you of your options.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage