How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (20)
    • 3+ months (35)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (33) · No (32)

Disappointed Customer

Disappointed CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a scam! Give you a price online, then tell you to call to complete.... $500 more expensive when you do

I did an online quote which quoted me a price and then told me to call the number provided to complete. When i called, they first couldn't find my online quote so we started a new quote. The new quote came out $500 more expensive. When i queried it, they then were able to find my online quote but said that it was not correct and the higher cost was the cost.

Pretty sure they have a name for this type of business practice.... it's called bait and switch.

what a disgrace

Briar R.

Briar R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too expensive and they use our money to invest in coal, oil and gas companies

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Grant A.Hunter Region, NSW

Not worth the paper the policy is written on.

Have multiple properties and cars insured with Coles. I tried to claim an at fault accident and was denied. Their reason was that my Ute wasn’t being used as intended (carrying a covered load as per NSW road rules). Not worth the few $ saved.

Grant A.

I’ve spoken to your “specialist” team and they’re about as handy as a plastic frying pan.

MelissaSydney, NSW

DO NOT DO IT - Save yourself the stress from this horrendous company!

Melissa

Never again will I put myself through the stress of being ‘insured’ by your company. You’re another big corporation that only has your own interests in mind, NOT the consumer!

Matija

MatijaSydney, NSW

Absolute Nightmare

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Mick S.

Mick S.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible.

Coles insurance is the worst insurance I have ever had, they do nothing to help you, in fact they go out of their way to make it harder for you.
I made a not at fault claim 3 months ago, still waiting, every time I call them I wait on the phone 30 - 40 then told will call you back it never happens. Be very careful avoid using this company.

mario 1968Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional conduct , no accountability

Had car assessed booked in for repair , for minor not at fault claim
4 days to complete
Car was allocated to another repairer,
On the fourth day car is still parked on side street not touched
Told a bunch of lies , not happy
The assessor does very little to keep the customer informed, and seems to working for the repairer
Inconvenienced and unprofessional

mario 1968

Great to be so concerned , loosing my car for 1 1/2 weeks for a minor not at fault claim is very poor , compensation is what is required not your apologies.

TDE

TDESydney, NSW

Dodgy

Sent a request through the app to cancel my policy. After 2 days still no call to complete the cancellation. Took the premium out of my account so I called to dispute and cancel, was told they wont refund the premium they took out but happy to cancel the policy. They also had the nerve to ask me to consider them once my new policy ends....why rob me and then suggest considering doing business again!?!
Paid $151 for 3 days insurance.

Seriously there are many cheaper options to consider, avoid Coles insurance!!

paula

paulaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible company! Do not use!

Charged an extra $800 due to new location which they deem high risk !! Charged $1600 a year!! Cannot revere or stop the policy for the exta charge- call center is in st africa !!! Worst company ever!

Shaneo

ShaneoSouthwest, VIC

Terrible experience with customer care team- I would avoid them. And way too expensive

Had a very poor experience with Coles car insurance, their call centre is very poorly managed and hard to deal with, and offer no real support.
I called up to discuss an address change and everything was so hard.
They more than double my premium, and didn’t offer any sort of loyalty discount. Or solution to my problem. And basically didn’t care at all.
Absolutely no loyalty for current customers.

Michael Duggan

Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overpriced

I found them to be very expensive compared to other better priced offers from well known car insurance companies. The attitude was also very complacent as it seemed to be a very much "take it or leave it."

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for sharing your review. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the price of our products and we'll ensure to pass along your feedback through to our teams so they're made aware and to review. Thanks again. :)

Coles don't want to sell the insurance service for no reason?

I have being used Coles third party car insurance for many years on one of my car. I have never made claim on that. Now I want to buy this for an other car but Coles doesn't want to sell me that. I have no idea why they deny me. If I choose to online renew my first car (currently with Coles third party car insurance) it deny me as well, but they will renew it on the phone. That's absolutely weird and make me feel bad

HKL
HKL

The website shows "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you Coles Car Insurance as your particular situation falls outside our rules for providing insurance."

Skyline49South East Queensland, QLD

Rude, arrogant customer service, and no follow up

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're very sorry to hear of your poor experience. Please note, we replied to your private message some time ago. We hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Skyline49

Pfffft don’t hold your breath! Bye

Two strike your out

After two claims in just over 5 years Coles car insurance sends me a letter saying we're sorry we can't renew your policy unfortunately, your situation falls outside our product rules. What a lot of garbage.

viv
viv

Podcast will say a lot more about the injustice and why the gap between the rich and the poor is just growing

kris

krisVictoria, 3931

Worst company save yourself the stress

Coles car insurance along with there underwriters are a scam they will do anything not to pay you let alone pay out much less, there repairs are far from lifetime warranty / guaranteed. they only look out for each other when they are required to claim this is why they treat customers like crap. just informed a customer is taking them to court as they have proof Coles and IAG have committed fraud on many occasions, now there really screwed.

Peter debrincat

Peter debrincatasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

gloria.fardyasked

Coles Car Insurance

If I don’t want to renew my car policy when do I notify Coles insurance, my policy expires 10th May. Thanking you Gloria

Grant A.

Call them before the due date and advise that you don’t want to renew the policy

gloria.fardy

Hi Grant, I forgot to ask.... would this mean I will be charged the $25 cancellation fee

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gloria, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Customer Support Team, on 1300 265 374, when you can, as they'd be best placed to advise you of your options.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage