How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
sam

samGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Low agreed value option

Tried to do full cover but the agreed value for my car was only $9000 and my car in the marked is worth around $21000. Was so disappointed when I heard that.

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Please call your customers

Missed one payment, they sent a email which was lost in my junk. Cancelled policy. Why is it so difficult to just call your customers? One simple phone call would have sorted it out on the spot. Another example of crap Australian customer service.

steve rasher

steve rasherSydney, NSW

Disappointing repair by Coles insurance repairer ARM

After the 1st repair session the car was returned with a wheel missing and the get you home spare in its place. 10 days later had to go back to have the correct front wheel installed. when the car was serviced by subaru they said the steering control box had been damaged in the accident and not replaced when it was repaired, mean the car had to be returned to ARM again to have that replaced. How dangerous was it to be driving this car with a damaged steering mechanism? along with many weeks all up without the vehicle. very unsatisfactory service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Steve, thanks for getting in touch. We're very sorry to hear this! We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow this up further, as they're best placed to assist.

sweetsunset

sweetsunsetSydney, NSW

Renewal Price increases

Having held Coles Comprehensive Car insurance for several years claim free, I was curious to see the annual fee had increased by $150. Consequently I have cancelled my policy as they are not interested in maintaining their clientele only bringing in new business.

Jimmy

JimmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They cancelled my insurance when I called them to correct my name. Consultant very indifferent.

I have been with this company for a long time. Recently I bought a new car, they got name spelled wrongly I asked them to correct it, they cancelled my insurance. The experience of dealing with the claim team very indifferent. No urgency.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jimmy, we appreciate your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with making changes to your account. We'd like to follow up for you, could you please send us a private message with your full name and best contact number?

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Niran

Niran

Expensive quotes with higher excess fees

I had a coles insurance for more than 5 years and but wanted to lower the excess fees. I have been re-quoted but the premium was very high. only positive is you will get bonus Flybys points when you pay your premium. I have changed to a different provider with a better deal.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Niran, thanks for your feedback. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams for their review.

JLKSYH

JLKSYHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loyalty reaps nothing. Shop elsewhere

Loyalty mesns nothing. Don't renew, just go online and get a quote. You'll receive a 10% discount. Having been with them for 7 years and multiple cars, their system only finds your current vehicle/policy. They provude greater discounts for new customers rather than existing ones. Poor thinking

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi JLKSYH, thanks for getting in touch and we're disappointed to hear this. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams for their review.

Cannot trust Coles Insurance

Sachila W.

Hi, thanks for replying. They resolved my problem.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're happy to hear this, Sachila.

Coles Car insurance

Stick to the big insurance companies unless you're OK with poor service. This Friday 16/11 will be 10 weeks since I lodged my claim for total loss, on a car accident where I was not at fault.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your review. We're disappointed to hear your feedback. Please send us some further information via private message including your full name, date of birth and claim number and we'll arrange for someone to look into this.

Jaz

JazSydney, NSW

No decision on repair and no car for 23 days and counting

Jason

JasonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Poor and extremely slow service

Made a claim for a stolen and not recovered car, after 7 weeks still waiting to be paid out, paid a portion and after disputing the amount they amended the final amount but still is under the market value as I couldn’t possibly buy the same make and model for what was paid, today was told they processed an amount $1 more than was quoted so is wasn’t paid and again I had to call to chase it up, the consultants that I have been dealing with have been great but as for the payment process I have never experienced such poor service, would not recommend Coles insurance as they are second rate in my opinion.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for your frustrating experience, and we'd like some more information from you so we're able to share this with our Customer Care Team to look into. We've now sent you a private message.

Rivsta

RivstaStrathpine

No loyalty....

Been with Coles for a couple of years, but last year my partners car, Coles reduced the agreed value of her car by 2500 dollars, and premium went up over $100, just got my renewal, Coles have dropped my agreeed value by $5000 and increased my premiums up by $167, I have never made a claim with them, we went to someone else for my partners car and got a better deal than Coles, needless to say I will be changing too

Insurance claim madeNo
Ray R

Ray RNewcastle

Not happy feeling ripped off

We were parked and were rear ended by another car, person left her car there and went home before police arrived not leaving any details. Police found her and gave us her name only, after giving Coles insurance the car details,event number from the police, her name, the owner of the car, I even offered dash cam footage to them now I have to pay the excess because Coles won’t pay for the information from the police that would give Coles insurance the persons address and it looks like I will lose my no claim bonus which I held for over 30 years. Thanks for nothing but stress, don’t think I will be renewing with them

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Ray. So we can follow this up, could you please respond to our private message?

Coles customer

Coles customer

Poor service when trouble hits

Had my first dealing with Coles insurance post purchase. Been a customer for close to 7 years. Coles Service is very limited and skimp on many features such as a very small network of repairers. Dealing with the repairer in my region was not the most pleasant, looks very bureaucratic, slow and does not communicate properly. Knowing their service level is very basic, I will take that into consideration when renewing my insurance.

Insurance claim madeNo
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your feedback and we're disappointed to learn of your experience. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with our team, and we trust you'll notice an improvement in the future.

A no fault claim

Have been a rated 1..had other insurers..and when I had a no fault claim there was no excess....Coles I have to pay excess wasn’t aware of this.it’s in small print...will not be back and will make others aware

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rosie, we're sorry to hear of your experience. Could you please reply to our private message so that we can follow this up for you?

Rosie
Rosie

Didn’t receive message

Peter debrincat

Peter debrincatasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

gloria.fardyasked

Coles Car Insurance

If I don’t want to renew my car policy when do I notify Coles insurance, my policy expires 10th May. Thanking you Gloria

Grant A.

Call them before the due date and advise that you don’t want to renew the policy

gloria.fardy

Hi Grant, I forgot to ask.... would this mean I will be charged the $25 cancellation fee

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gloria, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Customer Support Team, on 1300 265 374, when you can, as they'd be best placed to advise you of your options.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage