How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Timeliness
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)

Great price, low service

I choose them cause of the competitive prices, I've been with them a few years I find their service is lacking, they aren't very easy to understand on the phone. Hard to converse with. After getting off the phone I don't feel very secure in my insurance.

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a very happy customer

Been with this company for almost 5 years.Missed the last payment but got claims rep to connect to personnel and made payment only to be told by Rep. that claim is still pending 4 days later.
Repair would be pending based on conformation of policy update.Very frustrating.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Leon, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about the delay and should you require any further assistance, please call our customer care team on 1300 265 374.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for the frustrating experience, Leon. We recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can look into this for you.

Andrew T

Andrew THunter Region, NSW

Good value if you haven't had a claim before

Handle the claim nicely and the road assistance service is very useful. Overall is good value for the service it provided. The setback is my insurance is double after I lodge a claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Andrew, thanks for your review. :)

Find out how Coles Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Let us down with thier affliliation with J P Flynn.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience. If you could send us a private message with your full name, contact number and policy/claim number, we'd like to have this followed up.

Michael H

Michael HAU

inconsistency in pricing

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our Customer Care Team. If you could send us a private message with your details, we'd like to have this followed up.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Call centre off shore

Call centre off shore their english is poor and they can not understand your enquiry would not recommend coles insurance i guess you get what you pay for

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our Customer Care Team. We'll ensure your feedback is passed onto our team so they're aware.

feed back

Hello and how are you?
First off my policy number is COMO-8848-3909 and my money has not came out like my policy says.
I cant stay on the phone for too long because I'm quiet ill and always in pain.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Charlie. So we can follow this up, could you please respond to our private message?

George

George

This is perfect can't leave without it

I was very happy and satisfied, customer service was exclusively excellent and exceptional, I got five times more value than I expected. New hire car washed and provided, car professionally inspected and extras repairs offered with reasonable price, all staffs approach to me was excellent.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi George, thanks for taking the time to provide us with this great feedback! We'll be sure to pass it onto the relevant teams. :)

Steve H

Steve HBrisbane

Watch the premium rises!

My annual premium notice included a hike of some 43% which to my mind was totally exorbitant, so I contacted the Coles help desk in the Philippines.
First amendment offer was to drop the increase to about 32% (but at the same time increase the nominated Excesses.
I did an online quote which offered a premium increase of about 10% on last years, and after about a week of to-ing and fro-ing they finally agreed to that reasonable premium rise, with excesses remaining at the lower limits.
Moral of the story: don't accept wild increases, query them, shop around, negotiate! Otherwise they will rip you off!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Steve. We're sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. So we can follow this up, could you please respond to our private message?

megan

meganSt Clair

Worried now after reading these reviews

deniscentral coast

excessive increase

have been happy with coles insurance for the last 5 years,possibly happy because it was cheap and I have never had a claim. this year I have received a 50% increase for no apparent reason even though value of car has decreased.rang up to check and get the same old story thatrepairs have gone up etc etc.NOT HAPPY looking elsewhere

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for your disappointment, and we'll ensure that your feedback is shared with our team. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

denis

since the change to IAG prices have increasedto cover their world wide losses on property and other various matters.

Careful renewing policy - huge increase second year!

Policy great value first time when switching from previous insurer. THEN, when renewal documents arrive for next years policy, premium increases by 38%.
Note that nothing has changed and NO claims made during the insured period. This is not an isolated case, Coles tried it onto me last year on another vehicle and finally lowered increase when objected to 'RIP off'.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for messaging us. We'd recommend getting in touch with our teams on 1300 265 374 as they'll be able to look into this for you.

lodz_au

lodz_auSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good and bad experience

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll ensure your comments are passed on to our Customer Care Team so they're aware.

You charged and Shannon’s didn’t

Not compared with Shannon’s - they covered learners as part of the policy as long as the passenger was on the policy . No extra premium charged . Not sure why your different

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for getting in touch, Sonia. We'd recommend you getting in touch with our teams on 1300 265 374 as they'll be able to look into this for you.

Mislead by the lady i have spoken to

Good policy, easy to set up, the customer support was helpful and explained what i wanted to know, however did not disclose that i am paying extra amount to change the car to be insured. Currently i paid $80++ for my monthly, she said my new monthly is $64.85. Then sends me an email, stil stating my old car being insured. I called back and the new customer support said, the new payment is on top of the current $80++. I was then sent a renewal letter, whuch i should have received earlier. I am not pleased and impressed as i feel i was mislead. If i was told onset that it is an additional price, i would have cancelled, as there is no price difference between another insurance and coles.

Ben
Ben

Peter debrincat

Peter debrincatasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

gloria.fardyasked

Coles Car Insurance

If I don’t want to renew my car policy when do I notify Coles insurance, my policy expires 10th May. Thanking you Gloria

Grant A.

Call them before the due date and advise that you don’t want to renew the policy

gloria.fardy

Hi Grant, I forgot to ask.... would this mean I will be charged the $25 cancellation fee

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gloria, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Customer Support Team, on 1300 265 374, when you can, as they'd be best placed to advise you of your options.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage