How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Anna

AnnaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Best and affordable excess. ..

Coles has affordable excess for under 25 years old. Premium is affordable for monthly payment. If you allow online chatting on your website like NRMA would be nicer. Also, windscreen should not be limited to just one time .

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Anna, we'll pass on your suggestion!

porcelina25

porcelina25QLD, 4503

No problem here

I've had Coles insurance for my car a while now and never had issues. In saying that I've never made a claim, only used the road side assistance which I found they used Racq for anyway so I was pleasantly surprised.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear of your positive feedback! Thanks for your review.

Ellis Qt

Ellis QtPerth, WA

Outstanding service

I switched my Mother to Coles for her comprehensive Motor Vehicle insurance. A few months after that Mum was involved in a minor crash. She was very impressed with the timely manner in which the matter was dealt. Also the customer service at the repair centre was without fault. Thanks for helping my Mum get back on the road Coles!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ellis, thanks for getting in touch. We're glad to hear of your mother's great experience with our service! We'll be sure to share your kind words with our teams so they're aware.

Bin

BinSydney

Very happy for years

We have both home and car insurance with Coles for years. Had home contents and building claim few years back and car claim this year. All went very smooth without any issue. The staff handled the claim professionally. The building repair guys came within the week and reimbursement was send out straight away. The car repairer did a great job. They even provided us a car to use during the repair period.

The only down side is the price of my car insurance gone up a lot for next year (from $970 to $1227).

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear that, Bin!

Happy

Service was ok, but cheap. Have not made a claim yet. Will see if its worth it then. But happy.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear you're happy, Samantha!

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

a long term customer have to leave due to higher premium

I've been with Coles insurance for years. However, the premium is too high for me to afford. Sadly have to leave.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for your disappointment, and we'll ensure your feedback is shared with our team. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

More than happy

Can't understand all the negative reviews. Rang to advise of accident Wednesday afternoon. They had booked me in with a repairer for assessment next day (Thursday), car booked in for repairs the following Wednesday/Thursday - picked up at 3.00pm Thursday. No problems whatsoever, and very quick. Claim Representative was more than helpful. Sent confirmation e-mails on everything

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Greg, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear you were happy with how your claim was handled. We'll be sure to share your comments with our Customer Care Team so they're aware.

chatham

chathammelbourne

20 % premium increase

many satisfied years insurance cover, no claims but premium up 20 % this year. As a retiree regretfully will consider other options.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Very satisfied with Service and followup

Very positive outcome with good value, good results with assessment etc., and overall, very satisfied with reception, repairs and followup.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for sharing this review, David. We're happy to hear our team were able to assist with a smooth claims process.

Very impressive service.

Yes! Good value.
Very easy to understand n good service!
I'm satisfied with call centre n successfully setup to add another driver on the spot with good explanation! Thank you!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your review, Esther! We're happy to hear you're impressed and satisfied with our service. We'll be sure to share your kind comments with our Insurance Team. :)

syed

syedLakemba

Great value, excellent customer service but lacks efficiency.

Excellent customer service and great value products. I have two insurance with them and happy to stay with them.
One small hiccup, where I cancelled my insurance but they kept deducting money from my account as it was a direct debit. I realised after few months and contacted them. They apologised for that and refunded the extra months fees.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you've been happy with the customer service you've received. We'll be sure to pass your comments on to our Customer Care Team so they're aware.

DavidC

DavidCSouthwest, VIC

Great value

I took out 2 new comprehensive car insurance policies a year ago on our new Kia SUV and Mazda BT50. They were very competitively priced after taking into account my good driving record and they also offered a further discount as a Flybuys holder.
When I got my renewal the price had jumped quite a lot so I rang up and negotiated a far better deal after getting quotes with other providers online.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi David, thanks for the positive feedback! :)

Claim process so far so good.

I have had a really good experience with Coles Car insurance which forms part of IAG. I swapped insurance companies about 2 years ago and went with coles car as i was trying to save money even tho now the premiums are on par with most other companies. I recently had quite a traumatic accident where i was taken to hospital it wasnt my fault (someone smashed into me) coles have been amazing and taken care of everything for me and its been really wuick and good so far from organising a hire car,chasing up the person that smadhed into me inurance to updates on my car and claim.Very happy.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you were happy with your claims experience and we'll be sure to pass your comments on to our Customer Care Team.

Terry kMelbourne

Astronomical Renewal Hike

I had no problem with the policy as I did not make a claim during the period. The real trouble started on the renewal notice price increase of around 40%. Trying to get a discount proved useless. Got insurance from budget direct a lot cheaper this year.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for your disappointment, and we'll ensure that this is shared with our team. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Terry k

When you are competitive I am sure you will again receive business. I suggest you need to read all reviews and react to everyone with the same problem. No one is going to renew with those increases

Max

MaxBrisbane

false reviews

to my knowledge coles insurance is underwritten by WFI an Aussie company not SA. insure through a broker they will get you the most ecommicial premium with a reputable company.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Max, thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate your feedback and please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 if you have any future enquiries.

Peter debrincat

Peter debrincatasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

gloria.fardyasked

Coles Car Insurance

If I don’t want to renew my car policy when do I notify Coles insurance, my policy expires 10th May. Thanking you Gloria

Grant A.

Call them before the due date and advise that you don’t want to renew the policy

gloria.fardy

Hi Grant, I forgot to ask.... would this mean I will be charged the $25 cancellation fee

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gloria, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Customer Support Team, on 1300 265 374, when you can, as they'd be best placed to advise you of your options.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage