Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
sam
samGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Low agreed value option

Tried to do full cover but the agreed value for my car was only $9000 and my car in the marked is worth around $21000. Was so disappointed when I heard that.

Richard
RichardSydney, NSW

Please call your customers

Missed one payment, they sent a email which was lost in my junk. Cancelled policy. Why is it so difficult to just call your customers? One simple phone call would have sorted it out on the spot. Another example of crap Australian customer service.

steve rasher
steve rasherSydney, NSW

Disappointing repair by Coles insurance repairer ARM

After the 1st repair session the car was returned with a wheel missing and the get you home spare in its place. 10 days later had to go back to have the correct front wheel installed. when the car was serviced by subaru they said the steering control box had been damaged in the accident and not replaced when it was repaired, mean the car had to be returned to ARM again to have that replaced. How dangerous was it to be driving this car with a damaged steering mechanism? along with many weeks all up without the vehicle. very unsatisfactory service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Steve, thanks for getting in touch. We're very sorry to hear this! We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow this up further, as they're best placed to assist.

sweetsunset
sweetsunsetSydney, NSW

Renewal Price increases

Having held Coles Comprehensive Car insurance for several years claim free, I was curious to see the annual fee had increased by $150. Consequently I have cancelled my policy as they are not interested in maintaining their clientele only bringing in new business.

Jimmy
JimmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They cancelled my insurance when I called them to correct my name. Consultant very indifferent.

I have been with this company for a long time. Recently I bought a new car, they got name spelled wrongly I asked them to correct it, they cancelled my insurance. The experience of dealing with the claim team very indifferent. No urgency.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jimmy, we appreciate your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with making changes to your account. We'd like to follow up for you, could you please send us a private message with your full name and best contact number?

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Niran
Niran

Expensive quotes with higher excess fees

I had a coles insurance for more than 5 years and but wanted to lower the excess fees. I have been re-quoted but the premium was very high. only positive is you will get bonus Flybys points when you pay your premium. I have changed to a different provider with a better deal.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Niran, thanks for your feedback. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams for their review.

JLKSYH
JLKSYHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loyalty reaps nothing. Shop elsewhere

Loyalty mesns nothing. Don't renew, just go online and get a quote. You'll receive a 10% discount. Having been with them for 7 years and multiple cars, their system only finds your current vehicle/policy. They provude greater discounts for new customers rather than existing ones. Poor thinking

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi JLKSYH, thanks for getting in touch and we're disappointed to hear this. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams for their review.

Anna
AnnaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Best and affordable excess. ..

Coles has affordable excess for under 25 years old. Premium is affordable for monthly payment. If you allow online chatting on your website like NRMA would be nicer. Also, windscreen should not be limited to just one time .

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Anna, we'll pass on your suggestion!

porcelina25
porcelina25QLD, 4503

No problem here

I've had Coles insurance for my car a while now and never had issues. In saying that I've never made a claim, only used the road side assistance which I found they used Racq for anyway so I was pleasantly surprised.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear of your positive feedback! Thanks for your review.

Cannot trust Coles Insurance

Sachila W.

Hi, thanks for replying. They resolved my problem.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're happy to hear this, Sachila.

Ellis Qt
Ellis QtPerth, WA

Outstanding service

I switched my Mother to Coles for her comprehensive Motor Vehicle insurance. A few months after that Mum was involved in a minor crash. She was very impressed with the timely manner in which the matter was dealt. Also the customer service at the repair centre was without fault. Thanks for helping my Mum get back on the road Coles!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ellis, thanks for getting in touch. We're glad to hear of your mother's great experience with our service! We'll be sure to share your kind words with our teams so they're aware.

Bin
BinSydney

Very happy for years

We have both home and car insurance with Coles for years. Had home contents and building claim few years back and car claim this year. All went very smooth without any issue. The staff handled the claim professionally. The building repair guys came within the week and reimbursement was send out straight away. The car repairer did a great job. They even provided us a car to use during the repair period.

The only down side is the price of my car insurance gone up a lot for next year (from $970 to $1227).

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear that, Bin!

Happy

Service was ok, but cheap. Have not made a claim yet. Will see if its worth it then. But happy.

Insurance claim madeNo
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear you're happy, Samantha!

Coles Car insurance

Stick to the big insurance companies unless you're OK with poor service. This Friday 16/11 will be 10 weeks since I lodged my claim for total loss, on a car accident where I was not at fault.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your review. We're disappointed to hear your feedback. Please send us some further information via private message including your full name, date of birth and claim number and we'll arrange for someone to look into this.

Jaz
JazSydney, NSW

No decision on repair and no car for 23 days and counting

EJGasked
Coles Car Insurance

Wow Coles Insurance, do you ever actually read any of these reviews? I was about to sign up with you until I read these and realised that the majority of reviews here canned your customer service - or lack thereof. And why is it that when some of these comments do receive a response it's the same thing said over and over again but nothing appears to improve or get resolved? Seemingly the only thing that's going to occur is that the feedback will be passed on. Great! You've certainly just lost my potential business.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback, and in light of what you've read, we hope you give us another chance in future.

Thanks but no thanks.

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage