Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (1)

Great price, low service

I choose them cause of the competitive prices, I've been with them a few years I find their service is lacking, they aren't very easy to understand on the phone. Hard to converse with. After getting off the phone I don't feel very secure in my insurance.

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a very happy customer

Been with this company for almost 5 years.Missed the last payment but got claims rep to connect to personnel and made payment only to be told by Rep. that claim is still pending 4 days later.
Repair would be pending based on conformation of policy update.Very frustrating.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Leon, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about the delay and should you require any further assistance, please call our customer care team on 1300 265 374.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for the frustrating experience, Leon. We recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can look into this for you.

Andrew T
Andrew THunter Region, NSW

Good value if you haven't had a claim before

Handle the claim nicely and the road assistance service is very useful. Overall is good value for the service it provided. The setback is my insurance is double after I lodge a claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Andrew, thanks for your review. :)

Anna
AnnaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Best and affordable excess. ..

Coles has affordable excess for under 25 years old. Premium is affordable for monthly payment. If you allow online chatting on your website like NRMA would be nicer. Also, windscreen should not be limited to just one time .

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Anna, we'll pass on your suggestion!

porcelina25
porcelina25QLD, 4503

No problem here

I've had Coles insurance for my car a while now and never had issues. In saying that I've never made a claim, only used the road side assistance which I found they used Racq for anyway so I was pleasantly surprised.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear of your positive feedback! Thanks for your review.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Ellis Qt
Ellis QtPerth, WA

Outstanding service

I switched my Mother to Coles for her comprehensive Motor Vehicle insurance. A few months after that Mum was involved in a minor crash. She was very impressed with the timely manner in which the matter was dealt. Also the customer service at the repair centre was without fault. Thanks for helping my Mum get back on the road Coles!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ellis, thanks for getting in touch. We're glad to hear of your mother's great experience with our service! We'll be sure to share your kind words with our teams so they're aware.

Let us down with thier affliliation with J P Flynn.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience. If you could send us a private message with your full name, contact number and policy/claim number, we'd like to have this followed up.

Michael H
Michael HAU

inconsistency in pricing

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our Customer Care Team. If you could send us a private message with your details, we'd like to have this followed up.

Bin
BinSydney

Very happy for years

We have both home and car insurance with Coles for years. Had home contents and building claim few years back and car claim this year. All went very smooth without any issue. The staff handled the claim professionally. The building repair guys came within the week and reimbursement was send out straight away. The car repairer did a great job. They even provided us a car to use during the repair period.

The only down side is the price of my car insurance gone up a lot for next year (from $970 to $1227).

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear that, Bin!

Happy

Service was ok, but cheap. Have not made a claim yet. Will see if its worth it then. But happy.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're glad to hear you're happy, Samantha!

Call centre off shore

Call centre off shore their english is poor and they can not understand your enquiry would not recommend coles insurance i guess you get what you pay for

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our Customer Care Team. We'll ensure your feedback is passed onto our team so they're aware.

George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

a long term customer have to leave due to higher premium

I've been with Coles insurance for years. However, the premium is too high for me to afford. Sadly have to leave.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for your disappointment, and we'll ensure your feedback is shared with our team. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

More than happy

Can't understand all the negative reviews. Rang to advise of accident Wednesday afternoon. They had booked me in with a repairer for assessment next day (Thursday), car booked in for repairs the following Wednesday/Thursday - picked up at 3.00pm Thursday. No problems whatsoever, and very quick. Claim Representative was more than helpful. Sent confirmation e-mails on everything

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Greg, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear you were happy with how your claim was handled. We'll be sure to share your comments with our Customer Care Team so they're aware.

feed back

Hello and how are you?
First off my policy number is COMO-8848-3909 and my money has not came out like my policy says.
I cant stay on the phone for too long because I'm quiet ill and always in pain.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Charlie. So we can follow this up, could you please respond to our private message?

chatham
chathammelbourne

20 % premium increase

many satisfied years insurance cover, no claims but premium up 20 % this year. As a retiree regretfully will consider other options.

EJGasked
Coles Car Insurance

Wow Coles Insurance, do you ever actually read any of these reviews? I was about to sign up with you until I read these and realised that the majority of reviews here canned your customer service - or lack thereof. And why is it that when some of these comments do receive a response it's the same thing said over and over again but nothing appears to improve or get resolved? Seemingly the only thing that's going to occur is that the feedback will be passed on. Great! You've certainly just lost my potential business.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback, and in light of what you've read, we hope you give us another chance in future.

Thanks but no thanks.

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage