Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Nicole
NicoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Claim was paid out in less than 3 weeks

JamieS
JamieSPerth

Excellent service and claim

32 days from stolen vehicle claim to money in my bank, very happy with the service.
Apart from one little run around due to call centre staff not knowing what I was looking for the claim process was relatively painless.

I will use them again

MazSan
MazSanLane Cove

I had an impressive claim experience..I can't understand the bad reviews

MLC
MLC

very happy with outcome

Happy now although had to wait just over two months (after being assessed) to book my car in for smash repair (which I was not at fault).
After initial wait, on the day I book my car in for repair I rang Coles and they organised a replacement car and after 4 days my car was ready and looked great, it was pain free and repairer and hired car was all done in my suburb so I wasn't put out much ..thanks to Coles you made my life a little bit easier as I am a carer and need my car.

Amid
AmidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service at cheap price

Someone bumped my back. Called them and sent in my car for repairs. All done within a few days, no dramas.
The only down side is there wasn't any courtesy car, but reckon you can't expect much from cheap premiums.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
nasir007
nasir007Perth, WA

Pretty straightforward and easy.

The policy is certainly cheap. Overall the insurance is worth the money you pay.
I had a no fault claim recently which was easy to process.
Only thing is that their nominated repairers are very limited. Also they took 7 days to repair my car.

Trish
TrishSydney, NSW

They were ok to deal with

Held a policy and my husband had an accident, not his fault but he didnt get details as hit and run. Coles were good we had to pay the excess of $600.00 but car was fixed quickly and too a good standard, was quite alot of damage. Customer service was good.

falegal
falegal

Not bad.

Other Car Insurance

No issues with customer service :)

Haven't made a claim, but service on the last four occasions (insured 4 different cars with them now) was great. Always a lot cheaper than other insurers. Only once when l rung l got someone quite rude and refused to better the price so l declined the offer. The following day rung back and spoke to someone else and managed to get the same insurance for the same car $200 cheaper. I'm happy with them so far.

Paid out on Bad Fuel.

RCL
RCL

Just an update, I have now taken all my insurance back to NRMA, feel alot more at ease...fortunate enough that i had a work vehicle...otherwise two months while claim being sorted was along time....NRMA so much more efficeint.

Much better than expected !

A very pleasant experience with an easy to understand operator who committed to a callback and did so. I was very impressed with the follow up, the price and the policy. No complaints here

Orash786
Orash786NSW, 2150

Very good insurance company

I had a very good customer service from this company. They listened to me and provided me with a very good plan that I can afford.

Insurance claim madeNo

Unexpectedly decent service and fast claims

I don't always write reviews but I think Coles should get some credit for this one. Because I travel a lot I rarely use my car and so lent it to a friend who bought insurance under Coles for it. I had a car accident (my fault) and rear ended another car, air bags inflated and everything and the car was a write off. After reading reviews online I was worried about the claims process but everything ran fairly smoothly with only minor hiccups (I called them every week to follow up) and got the car money transferred in about a month. This would be the first time I had to make a claim. Now lets see how much they are going to charge me on the premiums now...

John Tait
John TaitMerimbula

Competive pricing

Coles (Wesfarmers) the same mob as Bunnings, have proved to us that they offer a good product at a competitive price. Some $200+ pa lower for identical cover than either NRMA, AAMI or APIA.
We have had one claim (a shattered sunroof). They needed a shove to get started, but after that service including a hire car was good. We have insured with them for a second year.
Competitive price.
Initial customer service was erratic.

henders254
henders254Vic

Good - overall

spooled73
spooled73Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good value

one of the best value car insurance I've been with so far,agreed value offered,choice of repairer etc,....but haven't needed to make a claim yet. 12 cents off fuel is an atractive offer also.
Seems good value so far.

EJGasked
Coles Car Insurance

Wow Coles Insurance, do you ever actually read any of these reviews? I was about to sign up with you until I read these and realised that the majority of reviews here canned your customer service - or lack thereof. And why is it that when some of these comments do receive a response it's the same thing said over and over again but nothing appears to improve or get resolved? Seemingly the only thing that's going to occur is that the feedback will be passed on. Great! You've certainly just lost my potential business.

Angel
Angel

So really a Review

Coles Insurance
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback, and in light of what you've read, we hope you give us another chance in future.

Thanks but no thanks.

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles Insurance
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage