How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• <1 week (9)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (16) · No (0)
Mark A
Mark ASydney

Got to give Coles the thumbs up.

We has a not at fault accident. From the word go, customer service was excellent - the call centre was very helpful, the loss assessor was fair and the person who did the settlement (Dianne) was great. The online claim management system was good for tracking the claim. Would insure with Coles again based on this experience.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Mark, thanks for your feedback and we're sorry for the delay in our reply. We're delighted to hear your thoughts about your experience when making a claim and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Bev
BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service with friendly and extremely helpful staff.

Whilst I was not making a claim but updating several policies, the staff member could not have been more helpful and made what could have been a difficult process so easy. Everything was resolved within the one phone call in a timely manner.

Ben Ash
Ben AshHunter Region, NSW

Good online and phone service - great prices!

I have several insurance policies through Coles and have always found the cover and price very competitive. The one time I made a small claim (on my home insurance) it was paid out though took some time. My comprehensive cover includes and under 25 driver (albeit perfect driving record) and it's competitively priced.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ben, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your experience with our products and services and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Sheryl. T
Sheryl. TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Have been most courteous and prompt insurance i have dealt with.

I have unfortunately had to make a claim after an at fault accident. I struggled a little with the online claim process so called and was helped by a wonderful lady. I went to the preferred repairer which happens to be the one i had to take my vehicle to when i was with RACV and had a claim where i wasnt at fault. Lovely repairer. I had further questions and called online, spoke to jamie and he made me feel very comfortable and assisted me instantly.
You see how good they are when you need them, couldnt be happier.

MJO64
MJO64Murray Region, NSW

Been with them for years claimed once

This driver ran into the back of me at traffic lights, it was so easy to make a claim over the phone. It took around about 10 minutes and my car was booked in for repair the following week. Could not be happier with Coles insurance and the operator was very pleasant to deal with

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're delighted to hear your feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams for their awareness and to recognise their wider teams for their efforts. Thanks again!

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Very happy with my insurance

I had comprehensive insurance for my new car. I was rear ended and the car was written off within the first month. Coles provided me with a new replacement car in a very timely manner (exactly the same make and model as my previous car). Even though this happened over the Christmas and new year period, their customer service and communication was excellent. I have taken out coles insurance on my new car! Thanks coles insurance, I am extremely happy with my cover!

bob g
bob gSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with,and good Rates

We are in our 4yr with coles insurance,never made a claim,and just organised the renewal to cover our
new ,vehicle we about to take delivery of soon 10/10
we are very happy with the service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Bob, thanks for sharing your review. We're delighted to hear your feedback about our products and customer service. We'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware that they're doing a great job! Thanks again.

Peter Aumann
Peter AumannGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent value

Was required to make a claim following an accident. The online claim was easy to complete, and the person making the follow up phone call was efficient, courteous, and knowledgeable. The repair was arranged, and completed in a suitable time frame. Would not hesitate to recommend Coles car insurance

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're delighted to hear your kind and thoughtful words about your experience and we'll ensure to share your feedback with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Awesome!! Insurance

Awesome!! Insurance ...Ididn't sign up with coles insurance before because of some bad revews I saw online....biggest mistake Ive ever made ..This is the Best car insurance so far !! Quick response when I had an accident. I fill the form online they response within 24 hrs all sorted after that..Amazing and very cheap compare to other insurances.I also get more points because I also shop at coles...thanks heaps Coles

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Viliami, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're delighted to hear of your experience and we'll ensure to share your review with our teams so they're made aware and to recognise the team for their efforts. Thanks again. :)

Greg
GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good pricing was easy to deal with!

Was painless to deal with easy and quick with good value! We have both cars and also have full home and contents insurance as well with big savings and easy to understand Policy,s

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Greg, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're a fan and we'll ensure to share your praises with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Laona
LaonaPerth, WA

Great insurance

Good value, no claims as yet, ive been with Coles insurance for over 1 year and wont be changing. No roadside, I have RAC. My updated details were done in a timely manner

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Laona, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your experience with us so far and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

hako
hakoDarling Downs, QLD

Cannot fault.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Hako, thanks for getting in touch. We're delighted to hear your feedback about your experience and we'll ensure to share your feedback with our teams so they're made aware and to recognise the team for their hard work and efforts. Thanks again!

Bec Williams
Bec WilliamsNortheast, VIC

So easy to deal with

The employee on the phone was in Australia (Melbourne) so easy to communicate with. Was such an easy process. Very impressed and she made it an enjoyable call. Easily helped me and I was Definitely impressed

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Bec, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're delighted to hear your praises and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're aware and to keep up the great work. Thanks again!

Excellent, Service

I've just recently switched to Coles car insurance and also, unfortunately, had an accident. I found Coles Insurance, friendly prompt and kept me up to date on the progress of my repair. The repairer also was friendly and helpful.

Colin
Colin

Updating additional services to my existing policy

I checked my policy as i had a friend that had a stone crack his windscreen and wanted to make sure i had this on my policy. I checked and found that i did not. I called the Coles phone number and spoke to a very nice lady who helped add this to my policy as well i also added the road side assist as my car is now 5 years old so anytime going forward i may need this service as well. She was great to talk to and for both to be added to my policy it only cost additional $83.59. I also have my home and contents with Coles and have found they are very reasonable with their prices. I would thoroughly recommend Coles. Outstanding Service

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Colin, thanks for writing your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we'll ensure to pass on your kind words to our Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Adolf Logesasked
Coles Car Insurance

Hi there,
I do not have a question, but I would like to get renewal notices send to Adolf Loges of 1 Dumfries Crt. Highton/Vic. 3216 In Paper form in Future. Policy number is COMO-9439-4786,also for my Wife Elisabeth Loges To the same Address.Policy Number COMO- 8360-2407
Regards Adolf Loges

Adolf Loges

Why cant you confirm that you send Renewal Notices in Paper form in future .You have our Policy numbers !
Adolf Loges at1 Dumfries Ctr. Highton/Vic 3216

My Name is Adolf Loges, Dumfries Crt. Highton/Vic. 3216
My Wife's Name Elisabeth Loges, same address Birthday 28/1/1937

Peter debrincat
Peter debrincatasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I need to no if I paid my car insurance last year

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts via this platform and we recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you further.

Corn Holioasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.
Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Coles Car Insurance

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage