Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (20)
    • 3+ months (30)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No (30)

Bolin S.
Bolin S.Sydney, NSW

No way to contact

I tried to contact the customer service after purchasing the policy, neither phone or email could get through, they blocked their email system, and the call center! Someone tell me how I can reach them! Rubbish company!

AntinoSydney, NSW

5 weeks on and still no car from repairer

car had needed a new front bumper ,excusses galore now 4 weeks still not started and Coles do nothing but get accesors to call me and lie about it, no support from coles just words and going round in circles ,you can`t get onto the repairers no one calls ,so stressed out ,we caught them out with 3 of their lies and still it goes on ,been with coles for 8 years and this is what me ,my family and our friends who are mortified get ,,so Mr nicolas hawkins CEO of coles ins short of going onto A currant Affair in Sydney and doing a report on the repairer and the lac of support from coles what would you do ,just read the one star ratings on all platforms about coles ,i`ve learn`t my lesson

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for any inconvenience and frustration caused, Antino.

Emjay
EmjaySydney, NSW

At least for the sake of other people, don't buy coles insurance...

Someone who was insured with coles has written off my car. Next day coles calls me to bring my torn to pieces car to my property. I told them I live in a complex with no spot for a damaged car... this is our policy they kept repeating like a parrot... had to go through my own insurance because of the nonsense and they got away with the cover for personal item damage because of that. Just to respond, I kept the rental car for as long as I could to keep coles paying for it. Thanks

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Elle10
Elle10Hunter Region, NSW

Incompetent and slow

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Terrible experience. Demeaning and cruel.

Had a serious MVA (no fault) and was, as a hospital patient myself and as a father of 2 hospitalised teenagers with serious injuries, made to feel just terrible. They actually required a diagram of the scene, were not willing to consider (and pay for) the preliminary police report which contained everything they needed, and did nothing to establish my capacity to answer questions given the medication I was on and the stress I was under. Just completely disrespectful and not a shred of decency. Do not expect anything except difficulty if and when you need them. The savings are simply not worth it.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Clark Lee
Clark LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from this company.

Car was stolen. 6 weeks later I get my payout. The only reason I got it was threatening to take them to the insurance ombudsman. Worst insurance company EVER. Will never use them again and will tell everyone I know that they are awful.

Kim f.
Kim f.

From start to finish, worst experience ever

Six weeks after my car was written off, I finally received payment. Coles has some 'fine print' stating that if the car is a total loss, you still have to pay out the premiums until the end of the contract which in my case was eleven months! So comprehensive insurance for a car that doesn't exist! They lied about the market value of my car and only agreed to pay more after raising a dispute. Customer service only apologise for the stress and say they understand how frustrating it is but with no offer to resolve the complaint. Run a mile, they are cheap for a reason.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Bait and switch - watch out for these guys

Obtained a quote online and got a quote number emailed. After them sending reminders 10 days later I opened the quote (valid for 60 days) to buy and it is $100 more. The call centre said they cannot find the quote. I believe this is classic bait and switch as other reviewers have raised. Terrible customer experience and not worthy of a quality brand like Coles.

Worst experience ever.

Disappointed Customer
Disappointed CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a scam! Give you a price online, then tell you to call to complete.... $500 more expensive when you do

I did an online quote which quoted me a price and then told me to call the number provided to complete. When i called, they first couldn't find my online quote so we started a new quote. The new quote came out $500 more expensive. When i queried it, they then were able to find my online quote but said that it was not correct and the higher cost was the cost.

Pretty sure they have a name for this type of business practice.... it's called bait and switch.

what a disgrace

Briar R.
Briar R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too expensive and they use our money to invest in coal, oil and gas companies

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Grant A.Hunter Region, NSW

Not worth the paper the policy is written on.

Have multiple properties and cars insured with Coles. I tried to claim an at fault accident and was denied. Their reason was that my Ute wasn’t being used as intended (carrying a covered load as per NSW road rules). Not worth the few $ saved.

Grant A.

I’ve spoken to your “specialist” team and they’re about as handy as a plastic frying pan.

MelissaSydney, NSW

DO NOT DO IT - Save yourself the stress from this horrendous company!

Melissa

Never again will I put myself through the stress of being ‘insured’ by your company. You’re another big corporation that only has your own interests in mind, NOT the consumer!

Matija
MatijaSydney, NSW

Absolute Nightmare

Mick S.
Mick S.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible.

Coles insurance is the worst insurance I have ever had, they do nothing to help you, in fact they go out of their way to make it harder for you.
I made a not at fault claim 3 months ago, still waiting, every time I call them I wait on the phone 30 - 40 then told will call you back it never happens. Be very careful avoid using this company.