Coles Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (13)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (32)
Devinder Bhullar
Devinder BhullarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad experience with Coles Home Insurance

My ceiling was leaking due to rain and storm and Coles is not approving my claim although I have all the damage report for the repairer but Coles insurance said there was not enough evidence what a waste of my time with this company the agent said there was no storm in your area at that time but my home was affected by heavy storm and wind and the reports mentioned roof tiles cracked due to the storm

Claim DateJune 2021
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Yes I have emailed my queries to them

Extremely poor service

Extremely poor communication with months taken to review a claim. In the meantime we have had our storm damaged roof repaired at our own cost to prevent further damage to our property. Reviewed by a private builder and roofing company as storm damage. Coles then sent their own builder/roofer out and rejected the claim. Not that they even called to inform us of this. Surprise, surprise. Like most reviews I have read so far, we will take our insurance elsewhere. Shame it's cost us to learn this lesson the hard way.

David T.
David T.

Will not honour legitimate claim

Moved my home and car insurance to Coles last year to save a few dollars. My house suffered damage through the severe storms 2 months ago. Two months and countless phone calls with Coles and they will not fix or cover the damage. And in that 8 weeks it has got worse as left untreated. I concur with the other comments on this thread that they are quick to take your money but buyer beware if you actually need to make a claim. I am switching my home and car policies back to Allianz - happy to pay a little more money to actually have piece of mind am covered

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2021
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi David, thanks for writing your review. We've responded to your private message.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Coles Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Anne M.

Lisa DicksonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't bother with Coles Home and Contents insurance

Claim DateJanuary 2021
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
PjaySydney, NSW

always look for reasons not to pay

D Mercer

Agreed to pay then changed mind

]coles agresd to claim. Had mould manager etc.Theyre 2star builders wouldn't come to Ballarat. Covit. 6 months later through are claim out. Policy therfore worthless. Cancelled all policys and now with competent insurer

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateFebruary 2020
D Mercer

So your interested now agree to pay claim then reneg. No more to be said. See you in court

Michelle WoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Claim DateNovember 2020

Russell J
Russell JSydney, NSW

Worst insurance Company imaginable

Massive storm in my town 3 years ago, was insured with Coles (unfortunately) with extensive damage outside and water ingress into my house. All rejected bar some damage to Colourbond roof sheets on a patio (CCTV footage of everything being destroyed) immediately cancelled the policy, and have spent 3 years telling everyone possible how terrible they are as a company (3 cancellations so far plus my 2 and counting!) shonkiest insurance company ever, they should stick to selling groceries.

Claim DateNovember 2017
Jcanova
JcanovaSouthwest, VIC

Insurance claim

I have been with Coles Insurance for a few years and never once had to claim. Unfortunately, we had a terrible storm which lifted the roof and water started coming down the walls. Builders from Coles came with their boys toys to examine the moisture in the walls. To my amazement, they rejected the claim. I am absolutely furious, they are quick to take your money. Don’t deal with them. Thieves.

Chloe
ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give no stars I would

I have never ever dealt with a worst insurance company. Pathetic excuse of a company. My claim has been on going since early November. Useless.. save your self the money and hassle and DO NOT GO WITH COLES INSURANCE

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateNovember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ebony, we're disappointed to hear you've had a poor experience with your claim and we'd like the opportunity to have this looked into further. Please feel free to send us a private message with more info, including your claims details.

Hiranya
HiranyaSydney, NSW

Do Not get this insurance! They take your money but do not help you!

I am incredibly sad I left NRMA insurance and joined this lot as they had a special deal on the Fiffy Plus Club. Well they take your money and wriggle out of paying you when you put in a claim. My AC stopped working when there was a power surge on 31 December 2019. I told them I need it as I am a bad asthmatic. It is ducted-so it is in the roof cavity-so House and Contents should cover it! They said it is not covered as my policy is an event only policy-like fire or storm etc. Unbelievable!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Type of ClaimExplosion
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Don’t insure with Coles

Worst home insurance company to deal with, people at the call centre are rude and do not know what they are talking about, they were very quick in sending the assessor out but it took six months and a few phone calls for them to knock my claim back because they said that hail blocking the spouting up allowing water to come inside the house was due to lack of maintenance and not storm damage.
Next door got fixed straight away.
Go with another insurance company Not Coles

Alf DellorsoVictoria

Coles Insurance-Beware the nightmare

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater and Theft
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear you feel this way, Alf. We hope you give us another chance in future.

Emm
Emmasked

I’ve emailed Coles car insurance in regards to having my next payment deferred and am still yet to receive a reply, it’s the second time in which I have emailed and had no response. Just curious as to what the wait times are for email replies and whether a call would be easier? Thanks

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Emm, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. We're disappointed to hear that you're yet to receive a response from our team. We can confirm that our teams are experiencing higher than normal volumes and responding may take a little longer than usual. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist with your query or concern.

Suzie
Suzieasked

Inverter for solar is out of order and needs to replace that our electrician told us,
Coles home insurance which we are using will be covered ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Suzie, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts and we recommend calling our Support Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Sue
Sueasked

Hi We have home insurance with Coles. Recently some one damaged our Garage. Coles approved our insurance claim to fix it.. We want Coles to pay cash.. We want our own builder to fix the garage. Coles do they pay cash for approved insurance claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

See all Coles Home & Contents Insurance questions