Coles Home & Contents Insurance

• 3+ months (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (26) · No
Spanna
Spanna

Value For Money, but.....claims process is Atrocious!!!

27 emails, a complaint to the Ombudsman and 2 years to get a straight forward claim completed! Highly stressful! No apology or acknowledgment of error. Advice: get everything in writing.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeDuplex
scout1024
scout1024AU

An insurance that actually paid the claim!

Claim DateJuly 2019
Ros
RosSydney, NSW

I am the Lucky one

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Coles Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Very poor customer service when making a claim !

Been with Coles Ins for at least 5 yrs. Was relatively easy to join but when having to lodge a claim this year extremely disappointed. No follow up had to chase to get response then had to take to another level to have claim reviewed . Finally approved internal damage claim from water damage from broken tiles but rejected claim of external cause of damage . Impossible to have had the internal damage without the external ???

Hans
HansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They only give you insurance if you don't use it!!!

I was with Coles Insurance for our Home & Contents for quite a long time without ever making a claim. It just so happens that I had claims, not of my own making in the past three years. A burglary break-in, hail damage to roof tiles and water flooding damage internally, and a slow water leak from a washing machine hose that caused joinery water damage. A month before the insurance was to expire, I received a letter saying that Coles were declining to renew my insurance. Upon querying it, I was told that the terms and conditions state that if we have 3 claims in 3 years, they wouldn't renew the insurance. What is the use of insurance, if you can't use it? No credit for years of no claims!!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid, Storm and Rainwater and Theft
Claim DateMarch 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

Claim DateAugust 2020
Bianca88
Bianca88South East Queensland, QLD

STAY AWAY!!!!

Horrible! Absolutely atrocious!!! Paid excess, took months for coles to fix the damage to house from a falling tree, then they did half a job and didn't fix other damage all from the one event, then had to chase them to finish the job and they said they'd send another assessor out! After they said ok we will they massively increased annual amount and then stated they would finish the job only after we renewed! Safe to say we went to allianz for half the price!

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Brooke
BrookeHunter Region, NSW

Very easy too deal with !

I just had a break in recently and with covid the lines were very busy! I claimed online! Had a response straight away about getting my house safe and secure! The whole claim took 12 weeks for everything too be replaced ! Simon in the claims team was amazing! Called emailed when he said he would. And basically Made the whole claim less stressful! He was amazing
I’ve had my car with them for years and I’ve had a claim which they were amazing Too
And my house and contents for a year!
I’m a single mum and I shop around always
I would definitely recommend these products

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateMay 2020
Graeme
GraemeCanberra 2600, ACT

House repairs after hail storm

Claim assessed within 1 month and work done within 3 months. Repairs were carried out in an orderly logical fashion in that one aspect was worked on before the next. Quality of repairs very good. Hail damage included windows, air conditioning, roof, garage and pergola.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Graeme, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Home Claims Team so they're made aware. Thanks again.

George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Shocking. Avoid at all cost.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
adfCanberra Central 2601, ACT

VERY bad service!

adf

I rang your claim line for an update on my claim and was told there was no timeframes or indication when work will start. Was also told there isn’t anything else they can do - so why would I call back the claims number?!?!?...

MichelleHunter Region, NSW

I am shocked at how they have become worse than before. Worst company rude staff

Have been waiting for over a month. Lots of phone calls and get no reasonable answer. Total lack of respect when communicating and dismissive.
They wanted me to give them autority to settle the claim without any scope of work.
When i asked for itemised prices and scope of work I was told it is their private business.
Policy is cheap and so is the service received.
I am moving away from this company as I no longer trust them.
Ask to speak to supervisor and was denied.
The rude man talked and talked over me and finally hang up on me.
Thank god for the ombudsman.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michelle, we're disappointed to hear of your poor experience. Please send us a private message with more info, including your claims details and we'll look into it further for you.

COL202214976

Pensioner
PensionerBURWOOD

very happy.

I had a severe storm damage , early Nov.
After having lodged my claim, they send Maincom , to make the roof weatherproof , and worked until midnight before they finished.
Next day , late, they came over to clean up. A few days later , they send a assessor to check the damage.
The following week , Maincom came to repair the damage, old for new.
They cleaned up to perfection.
I would not hesitate recommending coles for a job well done.
Thanks to all of you.
John.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Home Insurance Team so they're made aware.

Angela03
Angela03Sydney, NSW

Not worth the money/ terrible

My advice and experience keep away from this company it’s not worth the stress they put you through when claims are lodged
I have been coles for a while but when claims was lodged due to hail/storm it was very stressful and staff were incompetent and the response was poor manager unhelpful

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

DON'T DO IT...Cheap but very nasty!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateMay 2019

Emm
Emmasked

I’ve emailed Coles car insurance in regards to having my next payment deferred and am still yet to receive a reply, it’s the second time in which I have emailed and had no response. Just curious as to what the wait times are for email replies and whether a call would be easier? Thanks

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Emm, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. We're disappointed to hear that you're yet to receive a response from our team. We can confirm that our teams are experiencing higher than normal volumes and responding may take a little longer than usual. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist with your query or concern.

Suzie
Suzieasked

Inverter for solar is out of order and needs to replace that our electrician told us,
Coles home insurance which we are using will be covered ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Suzie, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts and we recommend calling our Support Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Sue
Sueasked

Hi We have home insurance with Coles. Recently some one damaged our Garage. Coles approved our insurance claim to fix it.. We want Coles to pay cash.. We want our own builder to fix the garage. Coles do they pay cash for approved insurance claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

See all Coles Home & Contents Insurance questions