Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance (page 2 of 14)

Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (25)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (26) · No (32)

Poor first impressions

I used the online service to get a quote for home and contents.
A week later I was was not able to retrieve the quote online via the link that had been sent to me in an e-mail so I called directly to try and retrieve the quote and purchase the insurance. Service was aggressive and condescending, I was repeatedly told to "close the tab so I can access it". He was not able to understand that I had got the quote prior to the call even when provided with the quote ref number.
Ending up hanging up. With such a poor first impression and a negative customer service experience, I'd rather pay more with a different insurer.

Bianca88
Bianca88South East Queensland, QLD

STAY AWAY!!!!

Horrible! Absolutely atrocious!!! Paid excess, took months for coles to fix the damage to house from a falling tree, then they did half a job and didn't fix other damage all from the one event, then had to chase them to finish the job and they said they'd send another assessor out! After they said ok we will they massively increased annual amount and then stated they would finish the job only after we renewed! Safe to say we went to allianz for half the price!

Brooke
BrookeHunter Region, NSW

Very easy too deal with !

I just had a break in recently and with covid the lines were very busy! I claimed online! Had a response straight away about getting my house safe and secure! The whole claim took 12 weeks for everything too be replaced ! Simon in the claims team was amazing! Called emailed when he said he would. And basically Made the whole claim less stressful! He was amazing
I’ve had my car with them for years and I’ve had a claim which they were amazing Too
And my house and contents for a year!
I’m a single mum and I shop around always
I would definitely recommend these products

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Coles Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

leak through storm

the water started leaking through the ceiling with heavy down fall. contacted the insurance after some time they sent the people to inspect the ceiling I am not sure what those contractors gain by saying that this is the slow leak and the insurance will not cover it. The leak happened through the rainfall we did not pour water on the roof. so it is the cause of heavy storm. But as usual they take your money for years but when it comes to make a claim they don't pay you anything. It is disappointing.

ChrisSydney, NSW

monthly insurance still have to pay for 23 days for no insurance

Just phoned COLES to close my policy as property is being sold, premium paid on the 5th of each month and the house is being sold on the 13th, they have told me I still pay the same premium for the 8 days and there is no refund for the balance. To clarify I said I am ringing so that you can advise me what the pro rata is for the 8 days, they said you must pay the monthly premium and there will be no refund for the balance of days where you do not own the property.
So I guess I move my car insurance with an attitude like that.
When the workers in Coles understand how important pennies are when you are living on your pension maybe they won't be so cavalier.

They can call me on 0412168031

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, our team are unable to call you via this platform and we recommend getting in touch with our Insurance Team on 1300 265 374. We're sorry for the hassle.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
pmbfield
pmbfieldGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Baad effort

My insurance jumped $300. No claims, nothing changed. They could give no reason why just excuses. Been insured with coles with both house and contents and car. Poor effort on their behalf.

Graeme
GraemeCanberra 2600, ACT

House repairs after hail storm

Claim assessed within 1 month and work done within 3 months. Repairs were carried out in an orderly logical fashion in that one aspect was worked on before the next. Quality of repairs very good. Hail damage included windows, air conditioning, roof, garage and pergola.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Graeme, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Home Claims Team so they're made aware. Thanks again.

George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Shocking. Avoid at all cost.

neicie
neiciesydney

Claim outcome doesn't make sense

Shirley
Shirley

Repair of damage

we had a small damage to our car. I contacted your office next day & then contacted Steve Kennedy - Toukley. Even though it was over Christmas we had our car back mid January.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Shirley, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're happy to hear of your pleasant experience with making a claim. We'll ensure to share your comments with our Insurance Team so they're made aware.

Albert L.
Albert L.

8 years of premium and first claim!

basit
basitSydney, NSW

Total disappointment

Have my home and content with coles. During last month deluge had tradie come and fix my roof and has damaged my car. What is interesting is they have hired a
Some trade company and are now asking me to chase individual.
Totally No accountability and when i call their call centre all they say is we deal with home insurance not car.
As a company they have lost my trust.
When i mention amboudsam i get told to do it , as of they dont care just no effort to resolve the issue.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Basit, we're sorry to hear this. We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow up further, as they're best placed to assist. We're sorry for any hassle.

Gina
GinaNew South Wales

Great employee Ashnee

I had to renew two of our policies with Coles the lady I spoke to Ashnee was wonderful. She was helpful in all ways she was very clear with what she said. I hope that they recommend her as if all of the employees were like her it would be great
thank you Ashnee I really appreciate your help
Regina Harcourt and Gino Ienna

adfCanberra Central 2601, ACT

VERY bad service!

adf

I rang your claim line for an update on my claim and was told there was no timeframes or indication when work will start. Was also told there isn’t anything else they can do - so why would I call back the claims number?!?!?...

MichelleHunter Region, NSW

I am shocked at how they have become worse than before. Worst company rude staff

Have been waiting for over a month. Lots of phone calls and get no reasonable answer. Total lack of respect when communicating and dismissive.
They wanted me to give them autority to settle the claim without any scope of work.
When i asked for itemised prices and scope of work I was told it is their private business.
Policy is cheap and so is the service received.
I am moving away from this company as I no longer trust them.
Ask to speak to supervisor and was denied.
The rude man talked and talked over me and finally hang up on me.
Thank god for the ombudsman.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michelle, we're disappointed to hear of your poor experience. Please send us a private message with more info, including your claims details and we'll look into it further for you.

COL202214976

not very flexible

not very flexible & ignore customer wishes seeing i am a severely disabled pensioner. absolutely no good will at all and so every time i make a payment i am penalized by bank for being late

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Darryl, if you'd like to send us a private message we'll have our Customer Care Team look into this further for you.

Chloe
ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give no stars I would

I have never ever dealt with a worst insurance company. Pathetic excuse of a company. My claim has been on going since early November. Useless.. save your self the money and hassle and DO NOT GO WITH COLES INSURANCE

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ebony, we're disappointed to hear you've had a poor experience with your claim and we'd like the opportunity to have this looked into further. Please feel free to send us a private message with more info, including your claims details.

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

The pricing is good. But the customer service is so hurd to understand.

Pricing is good. Did not understand the call taker. Been with Coles for 3 years. Asked the call taker to repeat his questions . At the end he did changes without me accepting them when he sent me my end result of my policy

Property TypeHouse
Claim Made No
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for getting in touch. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to check your policy and confirm these details for you.

Marilynr
MarilynrSydney, NSW

Paid premiums for years and wasn't covered

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Marilyn, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience. To follow up on this, we recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist and address any further concerns you may have.

Hiranya
HiranyaSydney, NSW

Do Not get this insurance! They take your money but do not help you!

I am incredibly sad I left NRMA insurance and joined this lot as they had a special deal on the Fiffy Plus Club. Well they take your money and wriggle out of paying you when you put in a claim. My AC stopped working when there was a power surge on 31 December 2019. I told them I need it as I am a bad asthmatic. It is ducted-so it is in the roof cavity-so House and Contents should cover it! They said it is not covered as my policy is an event only policy-like fire or storm etc. Unbelievable!

Don’t insure with Coles

Worst home insurance company to deal with, people at the call centre are rude and do not know what they are talking about, they were very quick in sending the assessor out but it took six months and a few phone calls for them to knock my claim back because they said that hail blocking the spouting up allowing water to come inside the house was due to lack of maintenance and not storm damage.
Next door got fixed straight away.
Go with another insurance company Not Coles

Alf DellorsoVictoria

Coles Insurance-Beware the nightmare

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear you feel this way, Alf. We hope you give us another chance in future.

easy as

very competitive
easy to set up
easy to retrieve
been with for some years
easy to add optional features not taken up initially
as good as any other insurances as I was told by friends

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi adrian, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we're glad to hear you've had a fantastic experience with our services so far!

David
DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Deny all claims at Coles Insurnce

akay
akaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Never deal with Coles insurance.

Increased premiums for same cover in safer area. Promised no cancellation fees and then charged with no mention in refund calculation. Rudest and least helpful staff and just hung up on me after 15 minutes explanation on phone. DO NOT INSURE WITH THIS RIP OFF COMPANY.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Akay, thanks for sharing your feedback. We take many things into consideration when calculating your premiums. Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to review this for you.