Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance (page 2 of 14)

Extremely disappointing

My single garage ceiling got detached in one corner from the ceiling joist. I made a coles insurance claim. They sent a builder to the property who cut out part of the ceiling. The builder also damaged the side door and made large holes on the side gyprock wall both of which had nothing to do with the ceiling. Almost 2 months later they sent a letter which said the claim is refused and that they also will not fix the ceiling, door and wall. Coles insurance has failed honour the claim. They also refused to repair the additional damages to the door, wall and the ceiling caused by their authorised builder. Its been also extremely frustrating talking to their claims customer service based overseas. They have failed to understand the situation, lack customer service skills and very slow.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we're very sorry to hear about this poor and frustrating experience, So we can look into this further, could you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?

Dishonest - Beware

I have been with Coles Home Insurance for a few years and found their premiums to be competitive. Since making a claim in December 2018 for minor water damage to my dining ceiling after a storm i have had nothing but a run around with Coles and the sub contracted assessor. The assessor is simply not contactable by phone or email and coles have been completely dishonest and unhelpful. My claim was approved (via email) and a request for me to pay my excess to proceed with the works to the watee damage. 6 weeks after paying the excess i had coles call to now decline the claim. they also denied knowledge of me paying the excess. i am still waiting on answers and requests for information in writing have not been provided. After speaking to 5 different people at coles i am being told completely different and contradictory stories by each of them. My request to escalate my issues are being stonewalled by each of them and they always need more information from me or the assessor before escalating. I have no trust in this mob as they continue to lie and pass the buck. I am now told my claim is declined, however there's no mention of refunding my excess as they will 'keep looking into things'. This whole process has been completely unprofessional and I will certainly be moving elsewhere, even if the premium is higher. Be aware of this mob and stay away! They have lied and taken money from me with no resolution insight.

Increase premium

Last year my home insurance was $345,47 this year 2019 renewal come to $449,11... could someone please explain how that could be , don't think inflation is gone that much or workers wage in 12 months, and I never have put any claim against my policy...and COLES like to tell us how good value for money they are... get real guys if u like to keep u customers... U spending fortune to attract new customers and then ..... you expect customer to be loyal no matter how much u increase u premium ...not on guys... people are not that stupid !

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo
We're sorry to hear this, Antony. We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow this up further.I did call Customer Care Team. don't need you to tell me that , and what do you think they told me? Sorry that how it is due to this and that problem, like I should care that Coles Insurance had to pay out so much to risky policies they undertake eg. flood in North Queensland and so on!We can understand your frustrations and we'd be happy to look into this further with you. If you'd be happy for us to arrange this, could you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?

Omg This Is Us Too!

I have already tried Step 1 in the complaints process, following repeated attempts to follow up on a roofing claim from the December 2018 storms.
I now request the matter be referred to your independent Customer Relations team for review.
I have contacted the 1800 045 517 number today and spoken with customer relations who has proceeded to advise that my matter be referred back to the Claim owner/manager to open a level 1 request for me

This is most un acceptable standard of service COLES who state they deliver great value, quality insurance!
To top this off I have now read the following on the product reviews as listed in this section.

I have explored further now and include these details which may assist others;
FAIR TRADING NSW - If you experience difficulties with your insurance company, first make sure that you have given them a reasonable chance to resolve your dispute, by using your insurer’s Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process. The General Insurance Code of Practice requires that all insurers have an IDR process in place.
If you’re still experiencing problems, contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) which is a national Service that assists in resolving disputes between consumers and insurers or other financial service providers that are members of the Service. The Service also helps resolve disputes between uninsured drivers and another person's insurance company in relation to motor vehicle property about any general insurance matters.
Members include general insurance companies and underwriting agents. The AFCA can help customers with a dispute with a member company and with enquiries about any general insurance matter. A list of members is available from the website.
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) can help with some residential strata title policies, small policies and third-party motor vehicle disputes if you are uninsured (and the property damage is under $3000). The AFCA does not have jurisdiction over workers compensation, compulsory third-party or home owners warranty matters.
Decisions of the AFCA are not binding on the consumer, who may take legal or other steps to resolve the dispute.
Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority for more information.
Postal address: GPO Box 3, Melbourne Victoria 3001
Telephone: 1800 931 678
Website: www.afca.org.au

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Lack of Communication - A simple claim made VERY hard

Very quick, easy and efficient to sign me up and take my money. Now I have had the misfortune of having things stolen from me it seems the biggest offence committed is me making a claim. Rang and reported the claim. And then nothing. constantly calling to get updates only to have to explain everything again. 45 minute calls. Asked the same questions every time, as if they had not even had a claim on the screen in front of them to refer to. Im on the phone now 25 mins and not making headway at all after 6 weeks. Extremely bad service, Coles needs to stick to Groceries. I would avoid this insurance. If you have a policy change it. When you claim you will be left high and dry by what I can only describe as incompetent and obstructive behaviour to avoid paying a cent where its fairly due. Just look at the overwhelming bad reviews. I should have!

Type of ClaimTheft

Disgusted

I was hit by the hail storm in Dec 18, lodged a claim and emergency repairs done, assessment completed All good. Then nothing....Feb got a scope of works from builders and no roof repairs. Rang builders, needed to get the roof done myself as it had been restored. Coles had not told me. Spoke to them asked for list of what needed to be done and gave my bank details for payment. Nothing. Made a complaint online and sent photos of new water leaks from damaged roof. No reply.
1 week later my bedroom ceiling caved in on top of husband myself.
Rang insurance they only do new claims after 5. This was midnight. Said a lot and they contacted the builders. Builders were great covered the roof, got an electrician and cleaned up the mess. Rang next day and was told it was my fault as I hadn't given my bank details. Said I had and yes they found the email. Oh well sorry.... I demanded a list of what needed to be done to fix the roof and got it. Organized a roofer and roof fixed in a few days. Received the payment from Coles later. New assessor came to reassess. Now waiting again.
I have half a ceiling in my bedroom, lights and fans to be replaced, painting to be done, new window frame in kitchen, internal doors to be replaced, new roof on pagoda. The only repairs done are what I have organized and paid for myself .
No customer service, dont answer emails, dont respond to complaints online on their website and their customer service team are appalling.
I believe the financial ombudsman is the next step

Claim DateDecember 2018
Still nothing from Coles insurance. They have approved and I am in contact with builders. No customer service at all from Coles even after i put in this review and asked for mediation. They are happy to take your money but definately do not feel that they should have any contact with you after.Hi Carol, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience, and would like to have this looked into further. Could you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?Update the builders were great and put me as a priority due to not having a ceiling. Nearly finished the work and I got a call from Coles. At last They rang to advise that my builder was to busy to do my job and they would allocate me a new builder. Really. After a long conversation they said they would check for approval to keep my existing builder. Next phone call.... yes I was approved Good work Coles.. not

Appalling customer service

Worst insurance company EVER! Waiting nearly TWO months for our claim to be resolved. Our air conditioner leaked water in to our ceiling and it split and the water poured into our master bedroom. They came out the next day cut and removed the wet carpet and set up a dryer. Left this running for 4 days, then returned and removed the equipment. The 1st air conditioning plumber that Coles sent out was concerned about the ceiling collapsing and said it needed shoring up. NOTHING DONE ABOUT IT. Cole’s sent out a builder, who was also concerned about the integrity of the ceiling. NOTHING DONE ABOUT IT.
Our mattress also had water leak on it and also a single bed mattress that we store under our bed got wet. Coles sent out someone to inspect and they approved the replacement of these mattresses. Then they reneged and now want to send someone else out to look at the mattresses. Meanwhile we are sleeping on a mattress that has has manky water from the roof that has leaked on it. Poor customer service from Coles. DO NOT INSURE WITH THEM.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
We're sorry to hear this. Could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number, date of birth and claim number?

Coles Home & Contents Claims

Excellent claims service - my claim was resolved within 10 Business days with the repairs being of a high standard.

I highly reccomend the Coles Insurance products based on the seamless claims experience I I had when dealing with the Coles Claims team.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateMarch 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Dan! We're really glad to hear this. :)

Claim on home insurance

Lodged a claim on 4th Feb. No response for over one month, excuse too many claims due to storm, now want to do inspection again after 2 months, it is a joke!!! Waste of money, poor customer service

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Thanks for getting in touch, Jyoti. We're sorry to hear that you haven't heard from our team regarding your claim and we'd like to follow this up for you. Could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number and claims details?Hi Jyoti. Thanks for lodging your claim with Coles Insurance - reference COL191551670. Excess applicable: $750.00. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300148813. Many thanks, Coles Insurance. - above was the response from you team on 7/2/19.Thank you for advising your reference. So that we're able to follow this up, could you also please send us a private message with confirming your full name, and best contact number?

STAY AWAY - waste of money and time

DO NOT take out Coles home insurance, it is WORTHLESS and CRAP! Not worth the money paid. Sales pitch makes it sound like you are covered, but fine print exclusions arodes ALL purpose of the policy. On top of that NO customer service or contact throughout the process and when I finally get correspondence the details of the claim are incorrect.

Claim MadeYes
Thanks for contacting us. We're disappointed to hear you've had a poor experience with your claim and we'd like the opportunity to have this followed up for you. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full name, claims number and contact details so we can do so.

Absolutely disgusting. If I could it would be 0 stars. At least 1 is required to proceed.

The price you pay doesn't even wage the experience you get.
The operators rope you in all fun bubbly and best price etc then that's it once you sign up all communication is gone. All things that should be explained relating to cover specifics and limits at the time of quote is almost hidden from you. Just focusing on getting you set up believing you are covered.
Communication after losing a claim is horrendous! Time after time I was lead to believe I was covered and I can lodge a claim. Then come time to the crunch im not insured as per pg 54 in PDS.
So not only did I have to take time out to sit and wait on hold, forever mind you every single phone call, I had to retell the story to each operator who was as experienced as the last. To be told i'm covered time and time again yep just have to get a computer technician to detail a report to cover and settle. Do that then even that wasn't approved of my the next operator.
So I have not only paid my premiums, lost work and study deadlines because of this long-winded and absolutely painful insurance company I've paid for one of the most disgusting insurance policies going.
Heed the warning, be extremely careful, double check absolutely everything and do not take their word for anything. As they don't take responsibility for what's advised.
I worked in insurance and claims for 7 years and I could not imagine the company doing what Coles home insurance has done to me. To not grant a claim after it has been advised on numerous occasions to have been covered is atrocious.
Even if it wasn't covered by the PDS and i'd been advised otherwise even notes left on policy to say if been sent off to get a diagnostic report from technician to settle, they were responsible to adhere to what they advised. After all their consultants and their information is what be get peace of mind from.

Do yourself a favour and cancel everything before you actually need insurance because their policies are so immensely basic, you aren't covered for anything.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment with our service. We'd like to have this followed up with our teams, can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, policy/claim number and best contact number?

Used to be Good

It took 4 calls just to change my address, got cut off twice, one guy I could not understand then finally informed premium will go up $120 on my car insurance (moving to Bribie Island, safe Area, Car Garaged), now with budget for less money and higher agreed value, lower excess etc etc. Then went to change contents insurance to new address and I was charged an extra 0.97c with 12 days to go on current policfy, WOW, Really!!! Not likely to renew, will get a quote from Budget insurance as with car.....

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeDuplex
Claim MadeNo
Hi Alain, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience with our service. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with our teams and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Absolutely crab service.

I was insurance with Coles Insurance more than 7 years. This was my first claim under Home and Content Insurance .

One day the Drinking water filter busted and whole home flooded. Informed Coles Insurance. They sent some people dismantled beds and all furniture. Cut and removed the wet carpet. Dried the floor and went. Then someone from Midcity called and requested to inspect the damage. They took 2 weeks to come. They came and inspected and went. Now 28 days gone. I made numerous calls to find found the claim status. The call center keep saying they are waiting for the inspection report from Midcity and gave a number to call. I called Midcity and they keep saying the supervisor has to sign the document and the supervisor always in the road and not contactable. I ask coles insurance people to put the call to the manager. But they never. put me in a hold for 45min to 1hr and come back saying the manager is in meeting.

Please do not trust this people. We cannot complain about these type of fraud business. Better keep away. Now finally I have decided to spend my own money to repair the damage and simply going to discontinue my contract with Coles Insurance.

Do not wast your money to insure your valuables to a Number 1 Fraud Company - Coles Insurance.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Ravi, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're disappointed to hear of your poor experience with our service. We'd like to have this followed up, can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, claim number and best contact number?

Don't waste your money or your time with this company

Worst possible insurance available, please keep well clear of Coles Home and contents insurance.
I had a waste pipe below my shower pan crack and water escaped ruining carpet in the room adjacent.
The house is on a concrete slab and the pipe is not accessible without demolishing the bathroom - which is what has had to happen. My claim was rejected - on calling their claim center, which happens to be in South Africa, I was informed to get my plumber to write a report - which was done and emailed (they are unable to open .pdf files????)to them, still rejected - have given them my phone number on numerous occasions and asked for a manager, hopefully an Australian, to speak to me - to date this has yet to happen. My plumber cannot understand what their problem is, other insurance companies I have contacted have indicated they would cover not only the damage, but repairs as well. - In case Coles insurance even read these reviews my claim No. is/was COL 191561496 - they will have my contact details. Next step is the Ombudsman - unless you want to spend a lot of time with claims, phone calls - and NO correspondance from Coles, my advice would be to shop elsewhere for your house and contents insurance - please be fore warned.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateMarch 2019
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience and we'd like to have this looked into further. Can you please send us a PM confirming your full name and best contact number?Please advise of your address for PMSimply click on our profile picture and a green "Send message" link should appear. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374.

I have been waiting on the phone for more than 45 minutes - what a shame

I was following up on the repair of our previous installation of our roof as it has been leaking since. I was put on hold over the phone for more than 45 minute. this is outrageous customer service.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi, we're sorry to learn about your experience. Can you please let us know if you were able to get through to our Customer Care team?

Would I Recommend Coles Insurance????

It is now OVER 3 months since lodging the claim, and I am NO closer to having the issues with my gutters & eaves repaired. Do you really need to ask whether I would recommend Coles Insurance???

April 2nd 2019 Update: THE WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with!

3.5 months & counting! Still no closer to having claim finalised! Wrote review with my phone number, they called my wife’s phone. Not the number I listed!!!! Customer Service doesn’t exist!!

Claim DateDecember 2018
Hi Mark, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number?Gerald (MARK) Hoy COL - 181498731 0490023319Thanks for confirming, Mark. We've shared your details with our team who'll be in touch.

Do not insure anything with them

Our home was broken in to 6 months ago, made a claim straight away with a police report and found I had to deal with South Africa, poor communication, nil Care , excuse after excuse, I ended up filing a complaint to get the final settlement but has taken 6 months of stress, and I still did not get everything I claimed for that was stolen from my home.... bitterly disappointed

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Hi Libby, thanks for taking the time to share this with us. We're disappointed to hear of this poor experience and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number?Private message who pleaseCan you please send us a private message via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/colesfinancialservices/ or call our customer care team on 1300 306 397?

Shop around after the first 2 years

I have had Coles Car Insurance for 2 cars and also house and contents insurance, saved me a lot of money, they went up tremendously so now with Woolies who gave me a big discount

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Paul, we're sorry to hear of your disappointment with the increase in our pricing and we'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams so they're aware.

Not Good Enough Coles!!!

Have been with Coles for a number of years and not made any claims. Renewal of policy, error by Coles deducting 2 direct debit payments from my account instead of 1. On consecutive days I phoned the 1300 number only to discover on both occasions I was speaking with a call centre in South Africa..I responded to their request to email confirmation of bank deductions..no response...I then phone Insurance Australia in Sydney and requested I speak with someone in Australia with regard to my Coles policy only to be told that Coles do not have anyone in Australia that I can speak with. A voice message received but I could not understand it in its entirety due to language not audible, again South African...not good enough Coles!!! We have enough of that with Telstra!! I believed Coles to be an Australian Company and expect they would employ Australians...still waiting for my issue to be resolved...

Claim DateMarch 2019
Hi Robyn, thanks for taking the time to share this with us. We're disappointed to learn of your poor experience and we'd like to follow this up further. Can you please send us a private message with your policy number, date of birth and contact number?After receiving a call late yesterday 14/3/19 (again from South Africa) I am hoping this will soon be resolved and refund will be made of the over deducted amount. My Policy # is [Policy Number, Date of Birth, Phone Number Removed]. I was advised that I should never have been requested to send a copy of my bank statement showing the two direct debits!! I am hoping that this may help someone else so Coles will improve their service in help to Policy Holders.Thanks for providing those details, Robyn. We've now sent off your information to our Coles Insurance Team and they'll be in contact with you to discuss this further. Please note that we've deleted your comment as it contains confidential information of your claim.

Almost four months after a house fire, still waiting...

Severe damage from a fire several months ago. Coles initially offered us a repair amount vastly short of quoted prices, so we are currently waiting on yet another quote to satisfy internal process almost four months later, during which time the house has suffered multiple break-is. Shocking customer service. Do yourself a favour and steer clear.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateNovember 2018
Hi AJG, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience and we'd like to have this followed up. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, policy number and best contact number?