Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance (page 4 of 14)

Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (25)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (26) · No (32)

Mikef50
Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Basic Cover for a Basic Home

Self funded retiree, requires home insurance without frills, just basic cover, should a bushfire or truck/plane destroy the place....touch wood!
Maximise the excess to reduce the premium, and always pay annually. It's very hard to beat Coles.
Their site has a estimator to assist in valuations too. I've been with Coles for several years now, and I can sleep peacefully!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate the kind feedback about our Home Insurance service.

Robyn FCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Don’t bother

Have been with coles for 7 years my first claim ever over 40 odd years. I was not contacted at all with what was happening had to ring them each and every time. Part of the claim is still on going after six months have sent emails no reply. Best one is with annual renewal went up 3 fold how does that justify ? Ask them they’ll give every excuse under the sun. Would not recommend.

Robyn F

Where do I send private details?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for getting back to us, Robyn. To private message us, please hover over our brand icon and the option to send us a message should appear.

Angela03
Angela03Sydney, NSW

Not worth the money/ terrible

My advice and experience keep away from this company it’s not worth the stress they put you through when claims are lodged
I have been coles for a while but when claims was lodged due to hail/storm it was very stressful and staff were incompetent and the response was poor manager unhelpful

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Coles Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

DisappointedCanberra 2600, ACT

Shocked by over 40% increase in house insurance premiums

I have just received my renewal notice and was shocked by the increase in premium. There was no explanation as to what the justification for an increase of over 40% was.

Disappointed

How do you send a private message?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

You click on our profile image and there should be a green "Send Message" button

DON'T DO IT...Cheap but very nasty!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Disgraceful service

Stephen

Happy with repair and service

We made a claim after storm damage and couldn't be happier with the service from Coles Insurance and their nominated builder. Both companies kept us update at all stages of the claim and also followed up after repairs were complete to ensure we were happy with repairs.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for sharing this with us. We're glad to hear of your positive experience with our service and we'll be sure to let our teams know. :)

Reported to the Financial Ombudsman Services Australia

I agree with all the poor reviews that have been written - the best action is to report your concerns to Financial Ombudsman Services Australia (FOS) Many phone calls and the run around from both Coles Insurance and their contractors make this the only viable solution. Coles...Please don't ask me to privately message you - you have the details.

M RUS

I received a 5 day resolution plan with a timeline for contact to be made about repairs. NO SURPRISE NO CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE BY REPAIRER! January claim June still not fixed!!!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're disappointed to learn of this and we'd appreciate if you could private message us advising your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number. We'd be happy to look into this further with you.

Gus
GusHunter Region, NSW

Cancelled Coles Home and Contents Insurance without telling me.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gus, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're disappointed to hear of your poor experience. We're always looking to improve our service so we'll be sure to share your feedback with our teams and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Home and Contents Insurance

Money wasted on this insurance.

We had HAIL in March 2019. Arrange for an accessor to check out our roof if there is any cracked tiles. They should know we have a double story house. An older guy came out and we’re like.... uh is he really gonna get up this roof? He told us that they don’t actually climb up the roof.... So tell me COLES how are you going to know if and when we have broken tiles if you don’t get up there to check it out. We have moved on from Coles Home Insurance. All that money we paid went down the drain. Never again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Epe, thanks for sharing this with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and we'd like to have this followed up. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, claim number and best contact number?

Epe T.
Epe T.

All you need to know is that you’ve stuffed up and we’ve moved on. Most of those reviews are bad and we’re so lucky we didn’t have to deal with any claims.

Customer
CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Communication

Poor erroneous communications.
Sending emails that cannot be replied to.
Lied about a request for policy via email and have not provided proof of this request as there was not one made.
Poor use of the English language.
I have no idea if I am going to be sent a paper policy in the mail due to the poor English.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're disappointed to hear of your ongoing disappointment with our service and we'd like to have your feedback shared with our teams. Can you please send us a private message with more information?

elisabeth
elisabethGippsland, VIC

Unethical. Terrible service. Better to have No insurance than this policy.

Kumar
KumarSydney, NSW

Extremely disappointing

Ryan
RyanSydney, NSW

Dishonest - Beware

AntonySydney, NSW

Increase premium

Last year my home insurance was $345,47 this year 2019 renewal come to $449,11... could someone please explain how that could be , don't think inflation is gone that much or workers wage in 12 months, and I never have put any claim against my policy...and COLES like to tell us how good value for money they are... get real guys if u like to keep u customers... U spending fortune to attract new customers and then ..... you expect customer to be loyal no matter how much u increase u premium ...not on guys... people are not that stupid !

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this, Antony. We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow this up further.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We can understand your frustrations and we'd be happy to look into this further with you. If you'd be happy for us to arrange this, could you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?

Susan

plumdog
plumdogGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling customer service

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this. Could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number, date of birth and claim number?

Coles Home & Contents Claims

Excellent claims service - my claim was resolved within 10 Business days with the repairs being of a high standard.

I highly reccomend the Coles Insurance products based on the seamless claims experience I I had when dealing with the Coles Claims team.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for your feedback, Dan! We're really glad to hear this. :)

Review collected in partnership with Coles Insurance

Jyoti AryaSydney, NSW

Claim on home insurance

Lodged a claim on 4th Feb. No response for over one month, excuse too many claims due to storm, now want to do inspection again after 2 months, it is a joke!!! Waste of money, poor customer service

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for getting in touch, Jyoti. We're sorry to hear that you haven't heard from our team regarding your claim and we'd like to follow this up for you. Could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number and claims details?

Jyoti Arya

Hi Jyoti. Thanks for lodging your claim with Coles Insurance - reference COL191551670. Excess applicable: $750.00. If you have any queries, please call us on 1300148813. Many thanks, Coles Insurance. - above was the response from you team on 7/2/19.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thank you for advising your reference. So that we're able to follow this up, could you also please send us a private message with confirming your full name, and best contact number?

STAY AWAY - waste of money and time

DO NOT take out Coles home insurance, it is WORTHLESS and CRAP! Not worth the money paid. Sales pitch makes it sound like you are covered, but fine print exclusions arodes ALL purpose of the policy. On top of that NO customer service or contact throughout the process and when I finally get correspondence the details of the claim are incorrect.

A. Mullins
A. MullinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely disgusting. If I could it would be 0 stars. At least 1 is required to proceed.

Alain
AlainSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to be Good

It took 4 calls just to change my address, got cut off twice, one guy I could not understand then finally informed premium will go up $120 on my car insurance (moving to Bribie Island, safe Area, Car Garaged), now with budget for less money and higher agreed value, lower excess etc etc. Then went to change contents insurance to new address and I was charged an extra 0.97c with 12 days to go on current policfy, WOW, Really!!! Not likely to renew, will get a quote from Budget insurance as with car.....

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Alain, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience with our service. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with our teams and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Ravi
Ravi

Absolutely crab service.

Emm
Emmasked

I’ve emailed Coles car insurance in regards to having my next payment deferred and am still yet to receive a reply, it’s the second time in which I have emailed and had no response. Just curious as to what the wait times are for email replies and whether a call would be easier? Thanks

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Emm, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. We're disappointed to hear that you're yet to receive a response from our team. We can confirm that our teams are experiencing higher than normal volumes and responding may take a little longer than usual. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist with your query or concern.

Suzie
Suzieasked

Inverter for solar is out of order and needs to replace that our electrician told us,
Coles home insurance which we are using will be covered ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Suzie, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts and we recommend calling our Support Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Sue
Sueasked

Hi We have home insurance with Coles. Recently some one damaged our Garage. Coles approved our insurance claim to fix it.. We want Coles to pay cash.. We want our own builder to fix the garage. Coles do they pay cash for approved insurance claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

See all Coles Home & Contents Insurance questions