Coles Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (8)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (23)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (14) · No (31)

Devinder Bhullar
Devinder BhullarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad experience with Coles Home Insurance

My ceiling was leaking due to rain and storm and Coles is not approving my claim although I have all the damage report for the repairer but Coles insurance said there was not enough evidence what a waste of my time with this company the agent said there was no storm in your area at that time but my home was affected by heavy storm and wind and the reports mentioned roof tiles cracked due to the storm

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Yes I have emailed my queries to them

Extremely poor service

Extremely poor communication with months taken to review a claim. In the meantime we have had our storm damaged roof repaired at our own cost to prevent further damage to our property. Reviewed by a private builder and roofing company as storm damage. Coles then sent their own builder/roofer out and rejected the claim. Not that they even called to inform us of this. Surprise, surprise. Like most reviews I have read so far, we will take our insurance elsewhere. Shame it's cost us to learn this lesson the hard way.

Matt A.
Matt A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware!!!

Horrible horrible service, my parents have been using coles insurance for all there cars and houses for years, The recent storms severely damaged there kitchen with flooding! Insurance was denied by claims it was due to flooding being caused from a leak from a screw!!! Over 10 litres of water damage from a screw, what a joke!!! Disgusting the way they take advantage of the elderly. Will never recommend coles insurance to anyone,

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Coles Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Beware of coles insurance

Warning do not use Coles insurance, I have 6 policies with them, after 7 years and have now made my first claim due the water entering my garage during the recent storm.
They said it was because you haven’t cleaned your gutters and poor house design even though it’s 50 years old and perfect condition. I also had to follow up all the time as well, no communication from them.
The water entered my garage from the huge volume of rain nothing to do with my gutters.
Happy to take your money every month but refuse to replace contents. I pay almost $1000 a month in insurance seems I had no cover at all.
So it’s just a charity donation every month.
Goodbye Coles.
Beware don’t waste your money. I hope I can save someone else going through this.

Ross P.
Ross P.

Never in my life time will I use you guys.
There’s a reason You have a 1 star rating on here.
I’m taking my 6 policies elsewhere.
Goodbye you con artists.

Darren
DarrenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

Asked a simple question over phone, Girl had no idea and had to keep putting me on hold to talk to her manager. got a different answer and a contradicting answer, then on hold got hung up on without answer.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
HungryJill
HungryJill

$998 more expensive, asked for refund before cooling off period, refund by check in 10-14 days.

David T.
David T.

Will not honour legitimate claim

Moved my home and car insurance to Coles last year to save a few dollars. My house suffered damage through the severe storms 2 months ago. Two months and countless phone calls with Coles and they will not fix or cover the damage. And in that 8 weeks it has got worse as left untreated. I concur with the other comments on this thread that they are quick to take your money but buyer beware if you actually need to make a claim. I am switching my home and car policies back to Allianz - happy to pay a little more money to actually have piece of mind am covered

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi David, thanks for writing your review. We've responded to your private message.

Anne M.
Anne M.South East Queensland, QLD

Buyer beware

Lisa Dickson
Lisa DicksonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't bother with Coles Home and Contents insurance

PjaySydney, NSW

always look for reasons not to pay

D Mercer

Agreed to pay then changed mind

]coles agresd to claim. Had mould manager etc.Theyre 2star builders wouldn't come to Ballarat. Covit. 6 months later through are claim out. Policy therfore worthless. Cancelled all policys and now with competent insurer

D Mercer

So your interested now agree to pay claim then reneg. No more to be said. See you in court

Tony baker
Tony bakerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip-off

These guys are a complete ripoff obviously leaking roof claimed not maintained when I had waterproofed area less than 4 months prior cancellation was immediately there assessment guy said no problems

Coverage TypeHome Only
Michelle WoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT INSURING WITH COLES

Very disappointed
Very disappointedSydney, NSW

Better off with no insurance than with Coles Home Insurance

Poor quality assessors

You get what you pay for. Coles are cheap for a reason. The assessors incorrectly assessed our damaged property. My advice, pay a little extra every year and use a reputable insurer.

Emm
Emmasked

I’ve emailed Coles car insurance in regards to having my next payment deferred and am still yet to receive a reply, it’s the second time in which I have emailed and had no response. Just curious as to what the wait times are for email replies and whether a call would be easier? Thanks

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Emm, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. We're disappointed to hear that you're yet to receive a response from our team. We can confirm that our teams are experiencing higher than normal volumes and responding may take a little longer than usual. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist with your query or concern.

Suzie
Suzieasked

Inverter for solar is out of order and needs to replace that our electrician told us,
Coles home insurance which we are using will be covered ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Suzie, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts and we recommend calling our Support Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Sue
Sueasked

Hi We have home insurance with Coles. Recently some one damaged our Garage. Coles approved our insurance claim to fix it.. We want Coles to pay cash.. We want our own builder to fix the garage. Coles do they pay cash for approved insurance claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

See all Coles Home & Contents Insurance questions