Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)
Nicole
NicoleSouthwest, VIC

Staff on Coles phone line need to have better English

Difficulty understanding Coles phone operator as very poor English. Not happy with service. Operating centre should be located in Australia with English speaking staff. Phone call took longer than it should have.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nicole, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear of your experience and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Customer Care Management Team so they're made aware.

neicie
neiciesydney

Claim outcome doesn't make sense

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
adfCanberra Central 2601, ACT

VERY bad service!

adf

I rang your claim line for an update on my claim and was told there was no timeframes or indication when work will start. Was also told there isn’t anything else they can do - so why would I call back the claims number?!?!?...

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Coles Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

The pricing is good. But the customer service is so hurd to understand.

Pricing is good. Did not understand the call taker. Been with Coles for 3 years. Asked the call taker to repeat his questions . At the end he did changes without me accepting them when he sent me my end result of my policy

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim Made No
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for getting in touch. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to check your policy and confirm these details for you.

MichaelSydney, NSW

Summary of Policy "Value" & Claim Experiences

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
AntonySydney, NSW

Increase premium

Last year my home insurance was $345,47 this year 2019 renewal come to $449,11... could someone please explain how that could be , don't think inflation is gone that much or workers wage in 12 months, and I never have put any claim against my policy...and COLES like to tell us how good value for money they are... get real guys if u like to keep u customers... U spending fortune to attract new customers and then ..... you expect customer to be loyal no matter how much u increase u premium ...not on guys... people are not that stupid !

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this, Antony. We'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 to follow this up further.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We can understand your frustrations and we'd be happy to look into this further with you. If you'd be happy for us to arrange this, could you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

asked to claim for a water leak caused by me not putting the dish washer hose on tight when the dish

Called to make a claim, had to get a plumbers report to make sure it was not an ongoing leak and was a sudden leak. don that, got that they never asked for the report. Assessor called review and said they would most likely only repair the base of the kitchen cupboard and not the complete units. With my excess at 500 it properly wasn't worth it, given the age of kitchen and possibility of getting increased monthly payments and loss of no claims bonus.

After two weeks I had not heard anything, so I emailed the person to advise I wished to cancel my request for a claim for reasons mentioned above.

Another week on haven't heard anything at all- Customer service is rubbish

AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Give Up !

Insurance claim madeYes

Sorry. I mean AFCA- Aust Financial Complaints Authority

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for taking the time ti share your experience with us. We're glad to hear you received a resolution to this.

Rejected claim

2 years had to make a claim due to storms over a long weekend in June 3 took over a week.for assessor to come. Was told I had to wait for a response from Coles on claim. Waited and waited finally to be told it was rejected due to poor maintenance. It now Sept and it has passed three different areas all.of them rejected. I now have to get a loan as i don't have the money to fix due to being on a pension the leak in the roof which has got bigger keep getting told I not covered for this even though I'm.covered for storms which is how it all happened in the first place.. They are not a good company in all this time my property was only assessed once it's a joke. :-(

Insurance claim madeYes
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Marian, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with your claim. We'll ensure your feedback is brought to the attention of our teams.

flashheart
flashheartSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap policies but customer service very lacking.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment with the service provided by our Customer Care Team and we'll ensure this is raised with the relevant teams so they're aware.

SabMelbourne

Overpriced

Well my insurance renewal came up so I thought I get a quote from coles I insurance!
After getting a quote for home and content I was gobsmacked how expensive and over priced it was compared to my usual insurance company I use aami.
And premium was very high too.
It’s not what they make it sound like.
Over priced for coles insurance.

Shinigami
ShinigamiMelbourne, Victoria, 3000

Landlord Insurance - Super cheap, option, poor customer service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. We'll ensure your feedback is passed onto our team, so they're aware.

Hi

I have had contents insurance with Coles for 3 years. When renewing today I was informed that Coles new policy guidelines say they do not cover units/apartments that are above shop or commercial residences. Be warned you may not be covered from now. Big loss to Coles as this appears to be the biggest developments happening now.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for your disappointment, and we'll ensure that your feedback is shared with our team for their consideration.

Linneke1902
Linneke1902Melbourne

No claims but price increase of 10% in one year

I have been with Coles Insurance for a year. I've never made a claim (with Coles or any other insurer) and yet the insurance price has gone up $78 in that year!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We regularly review the premiums our customers pay to ensure they reflect the rising cost of insuring your car. If you’d like to understand more about how insurance prices are calculated. If you’d like to chat further, please call us on 1300 265 374.

GincyBrisbane

Bad experience

I am a customer of multiple Coles product, however totally disappointed with home and content insurance. When I called to get rid of some of specified items off from the contents (as it is gone back to home country), they took the whole items away and put me on the same premium for almost 1 year and never send any renewed document.I was believing that the premium is same because certain expensive items are covered till I called today. The person I spoke to was Stephanie I think is not interested to help you, she has the attitude of I don't care. I have multiple other products with Coles since many years, they were really good when I started with them but these days they are worst. I don't recommend them

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to learn of your frustration, and we'll ensure that this is shared with our Customer Care Team. We trust you won't have a similar experience in the future.

Gincy

Thanks for your reply. I don't want to be with Coles for my home insurance anyway. I already lost $400-500 and I don't want to continue loosing money.

Emm
Emmasked

I’ve emailed Coles car insurance in regards to having my next payment deferred and am still yet to receive a reply, it’s the second time in which I have emailed and had no response. Just curious as to what the wait times are for email replies and whether a call would be easier? Thanks

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Emm, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and we're sorry for the delay in our response. We're disappointed to hear that you're yet to receive a response from our team. We can confirm that our teams are experiencing higher than normal volumes and responding may take a little longer than usual. We recommend giving us a call on 1300 265 374, and our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist with your query or concern.

Suzie
Suzieasked

Inverter for solar is out of order and needs to replace that our electrician told us,
Coles home insurance which we are using will be covered ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Suzie, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. Regretfully, we don't have access to our customers accounts and we recommend calling our Support Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Sue
Sueasked

Hi We have home insurance with Coles. Recently some one damaged our Garage. Coles approved our insurance claim to fix it.. We want Coles to pay cash.. We want our own builder to fix the garage. Coles do they pay cash for approved insurance claim.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

See all Coles Home & Contents Insurance questions