Coles Low Rate MasterCard

Coles Low Rate MasterCard (page 4 of 28)

1.6 from 542 reviews · View Details

Pros

• Low $58 Annual Fee

• Low 12.99% p.a. Interest Rate on purchases

Cons

• flybuy Points can only be earned at Coles Supermarkets at a rate of 0.5 flybuy points per $1

• 2.5% International Transaction Fee

1.6

Linda

Linda

Pile on the flybuys points!

Love this card. The extra flybuys points per month make a huge difference when it comes to savings on my weekly Coles shop. Plus they can be converted to Velocity points. With the recent downgrading of AMEX rewards I find myself using this card almost exclusively. And no international transaction fees is an excellent feature.

John C.

John C.

be very aware

applied, was accepted for the no annual fee mastercard from a promotional site stating $100 off shop if applied, accepted and used before 30th June. When I got a congratulatory email stating that I'd been accepted, kept reading and found that as soon as the card was activated I was to be charged $99. After calling the help line I was told they could change the card to a no annual fee card but couldn't guarantee I'd get the $100 free shop. Feels like a scam to me. I cancelled the card immediately. Be careful as you have to supply personal information which, in my case, they still have. I already have a credit card with no annual fee. I only requested a $2000 limit. Why would I want to pay $99 a year?

amandasm

amandasmGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good card

I used this card to complete a few purchases I didn't have the money for. No annual fee was great. Had no issues with it. Also was able to link to flybuys

ravi y.

ravi y.

Good Card with no annual Fee

pretty good credit card with no annual fee and can be used everywhere, one of the great features of this card is no transaction fee on overseas purchases. easy to earn flybuys points everywhere you shop.

Compuwizard s.

Compuwizard s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good credit card with no annual fee

I used coles low rate mastercard so many times overseas. I used in UK, Russia, US and India. There was no issue to cash withdrawl or use in restaurants or anywhere.

Helper

HelperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Better

I applied this card and got 4000 approved the main draw back with card so far I seen is of you dont pay your monthly repayments you will lose your credit rating or will fall down they will record every missed payment on credit file which will make it hard for credit score to survive on good level
Team members have no annual fee
Best thing is connected to flybuys and will add points with every purchase
To my knowledge no hidden fees like go mastercard it's full of fees

sexysmash

sexysmashMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great card and excellent customer service

I have had my card for 9 months and have found on two occasions when I needed to call them, the call centre was helpful and honest. The wait time was a little longer than I expected but nonetheless this is a great card.

JARED

JARED

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Don't bother calling for help, the call centre state you don't have an account or call you the wrong name n gender. All I want to do is fix my issue. Till then I won't be paying the bill.

Gecko1968

Gecko1968Canberra

Offshore Call Centre

The call centre is abysmal. No one seems to understand anything but the most basic query. Replies to questions are seemingly read from a script. I have come to believe that they will say whatever they think you want to hear in the hope that you will go away and then give up. Calling the call centre is simply not worth the effort. Choose a different card.

CRob

CRob

Dealing with Coles is the pits

MCW16

MCW16Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shockingly BAD web interface

The website for CFS customers is ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL since Coles outsourced this to an overseas "service centre". Like bigpond mail (also since it was outsourced) the web pages are very poorly designed, flaky and irritating in the extreme. I HATE having to use it. Am considering binning this mastercard I loathe it so much. Telephone support SYSTEM is also woeful. It is also very difficult to understand strong accents. Also emails advising when new statements are ready and which have the statement attached but with a DIFFERENT password from the account password arrive up to 2 days before they appear on website. POSITIVELY AWFUL process.

Anny

Anny

The worse website

It's the worst website on earth, difficult to contact customer service, unable to fix problems, difficult to understand the statement.

londoner

londonerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impossible Service Centre

No problems up to the time that Citibank took over. Can not access my account, cannot reset via website, cannot talk to a real person. Sent an email and 3 weeks later someone rang and then wanted my personal details with no way of being able to establish if they truly were from the Service Centre or Scam artist trying to con me. Asked for a number to ring them back to verify and they gave me the automated, no real person at the end of the phone number. Seriously? Recommend taking your business elsewhere.

Ravi

RaviSydney

Biggest disaster of my life, never ever apply for this

Charged interest rate before 65 days. Can’t even calculate how much do I need to to pay. Poor mobile application. Takes 2 days to transfer money from bank account. Customer care agents are also not useful.

Nina

NinaMoss Vale

Worst experience of my life! Bullies and incompetent customer service!

I want to warn anybody against applying for the Coles MasterCard I am a long term Over 15 years Coles Customer and will now shop at Woolllies because of the 2 and a half months of talking to incompetent staff and senior complaints managers with conflicting information and denial of their hopeless online system. Beware of what you enter into your desired limit as, in my case,
This Defaulted to $60k credit application on my credit file which is very good and debt clear! They said they will not remove it. My next step is the AFCA Ombudsman. Shame on you Citigroup!!!!!

Terrible - don’t do it

Constant issues with the website, it just suddenly wipes your password, which needs to be reset. This process takes days and then doesn’t register any details. Call the customer service centre, can only talk to a machine. Terrible customer service. Terrible website and app. The only positive is it links to flybys

Really bad customer service

Such a really trouble service, even just stated from application processing, I missed phone call from their application term, and she did leaving voice message for me to call back, this is ok; but she does not say any name and contact number for call back; and second day she called my working place, I do not think this is appropriate; I do not know why she can not leave her contact detail and llet me to call back, or she can not sent me an email; anyway.....
Also, I think customer service is off shore - don't understand the accents.

James

JamesPerth

Terrible Money grabbing

Got the card to get the $100 off shopping at coles.

Didnt receive any information how to get the $100 off and had to call to get the info, only to find that it had expiered on the day I did the purchase oof $100 off.

The charge you a late payment fee of $10 every week you havent paid off your credit card, so if you dont log on and see they have charged you $2 in interest for what you thought was a zero balance then you will get hit every week $10.

dont get this card its not worth it.

Paul

PaulSydney

Cant give zero unfortunately

Call centre staff are hopeless and clearly based overseas, still allowing transactions on a card that was cancelled due to hacking and wont give credits, set up a new card with no request to do so, the list goes on. Absolute worst card you could get go elsewhere

Tribalfly

TribalflyMelboune

Terrible Product and Customer Service!

Applied for a Low rate Card a week and a half ago and received no correspondence on my application. Had called three times to see how the application was going and got the run around. "I'm sincerely sorry Sir but the person allocated to your application is still working through your application". This is C@#p! They contacted my accountant 3 days earlier who called me to see if I would authorised them to give Coles Financial my tax details, I did and they still hadn't contacted me.
Have cancelled my application and also cancelled my Full Comp Insurance with them.
Coles has lost me as a customer.
Cutting corners and having offshore people doing your work will bite you hard.
Thought you would have been smarter than that!!!!

See all Coles Low Rate MasterCard reviews