Coles Mobile

Coles Mobile

Listing monitored by Coles

dan1
dan1

Good price but bad coverage

Bought it on special for cheap, 1 year recharge.
Easy and quick port process.
Bad coverage even whilst it uses optus network it frequently reduces to 3g(non existent) coverage in built up areas. When it goes to 3g your unable to do anything internet related on the phone.
Whilst i found in most cases when the 4g works its faster than vodafone but definitely slower then telstra network in all situations.

Worst product ever

After 3years on a plan they just changed the plan and spit old customer and new I now can't recharge. Thanks for nothing called to explain the customer care did not care not her problem. Bad service

Included Data per Month3 GB
Vera
VeraCanberra 2600, ACT

You pay for what you get

Bought the 1 year prepaid on sale and had a bad experience from the get go. Porting took at least 1 week. Sometimes I don't receive calls! I'll get a text from voicemail service saying someone tried to call but did not leave message. Usually a restart or turning flight mode on and off works but I shouldn't have to do this. It is frustrating especially when you're waiting for an important call. 4G internet works well in the city, otherwise only getting 1-2 bars everywhere else and don't even bother in regional areas... Can't wait for the 12 months to end and switch back to Telstra.

Plan Cost per Month$12.50
Included Data per Month10 GB

Seng P.
Seng P.Sydney, NSW

Think before you buy because of cheap promotion ..

its been 8 days since I activated my number still not active. Called and chat online 4 times telling me the same story "technical issue " will fixed in 24-48 hours. NO ONE contact me to says what is happening. asked for refund they says "NO". I bought pre-paid $119 year plan. Now I stuck, Cant call,txt or data for internet. This is unacceptable.

Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Garbage

It’s been 3 days since I ‘activated’ the sim online but it is still not working!! Called 3 times on different days and each time I got the response ‘technical issue - we will get it fixed in 24-48 hours’. I have been walking around with no access to incoming calls, can’t call or text and have no data which is ridiculous. Doesn’t make me feel safe.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Maurice
MauriceSouthwest, VIC

Not good so far

I'm a new customer, been waiting 5 days for sim to be activated, terrible terrible service so far, now I'm stuck with no coverage and no one who seems to care at Coles. Good way to lose customers from your supermarket because consumers have long memories. Update: day 6 still no service!

tonysuncoast2South East Queensland, QLD

Stay Away

No incoming calls for a over a week and still not resolved.
Took out a 12 month pre paid. Worked well first couple of months until first problem.
Wife on same plan in same location and has no issues.
Call centre blames Optus towers .
Ive run all the obvious checks.
Call centre asks "is your phone turned on"
Coles! If you cannot provide a service give me a refund ?
Avoid.

Included Data per Month1 GB
RavinderKK
RavinderKKSydney, NSW

Bang For a Buck & All you can eat (Except the data Part still 120 GB that's 10 GB a month)

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Included Data per Month10 GB
Nicole GSydney, NSW

New customer, terrible so far!!

4 days and counting just to activate my new SIM. Ridiculous in 2021 to be without a usable phone, can't make calls, can't send messages, can't access voicemail, for days!! Not happy!!

Nicole G

3 hours later, it is now activated. About time. I will comment here again in future if I have any trouble with coverage and service.

P Ng
P Ng

Porting takes place within 10 minutes.

I read a lot of negative comment about Coles Mobile here before but still decided to give it a go because of the price.

Porting takes place within 10 minutes and is very smooth. Good coverage.

(I am in metro Adelaide)

Plan Cost per Month$8.25
Included Data per Month5 GB
Patentpending
Patentpending

So far no coverage issues.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month15 GB

Porting 2 days But Ok Speeds

Plan Cost per Month$10.00

It has been great so far the network since I ported.

Brian
Brian

Wofull A big business seesva business and thinks l can do that Waiting now two days for connection Never again

Big business thinks fast bucks
Stick to selling your average products, ie fruit and veg with your drab layout
Keep away from the phones will be just like woolies and masters

Plan Cost per Month$120.00
Included Data per Month60 GB

Great price but Horrible Coverage

Porting my number to Coles was a breeze. Done in less than 10 minutes. No issues at all with that.
Major problem is the coverage. I have used a number of different mobile providers that also relied on the Optus network and have had no issues. With Coles Mobile, regardless of where I am, I am BOTH unable to call others (call is not connecting and not ringing) while people trying to call me are almost always directly connected to voice mail. I am deliberating whether to still finish my data before switching providers as their call service is completely unreliable.

zooter
zooterMelbourne

Warning, stay away! Your old SIM will stop working and new one won't be active!

Terrible service. The old SIM gets deactivated the minute you activate your SIM, but the new number won't work. Coles should just stick to selling groceries.This is not the correct way of porting, unless your new SIM is active, your old one should not be deactivtated

Emsasked

For people who was waiting for SIM active for longer than 48 hours, was your SIM actived eventually? It's been more than 24 hours and I'm really worried. My old SIM doesn't work anymore so I can't call & can't send SMS.

sam
sam

I am waiting for a new sim on the way.
It’s holiday atm, please try to contact them if still not activated tomorrow afternoon.

What device are you using the SIM in? Is it a brand new phone?
• Is the device 4G enabled and unlocked? If you bought the phone via another carrier, it may be locked to them.
• Have you switched the device off and back on since putting the new SIM card in?
• Is the SIM Card inserted correctly? Are there any messages on the screen?
• Do you have reception bars and does the Coles Mobile Logo appear?
• Have you checked if there are any known outages at your address (https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status)?
• If you're only having issues with data, have you checked the APN is set to 'yesinternet' (If you are unsure on how to do this, please let us know what device you are using and we can look up the instructions for you)
• Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if it will work?
• Did you get any reception bars when testing the SIM in the alternative device? • When did the issue first start happening?
• What is the actual error message you receive while trying to use the service?
• Are other Optus services being affected in your area?
• Please confirm the SIM Card you are currently using

Thanks for your reply.
I've already contacted them and they said it's technical error that's why my activation was not successful. They said I have to wait at least 48 hours while they fix the issues. I need my phone at work tomorrow and I feel like it doesn't resolve the issues today.

angie
angieasked

How to disable voicemail for coles mobile?

Reggyasked

Very bad service from coles mobile. Been a week and sim not connected. Full of crap answers from the team and same answers every day. No compensation and solution. Coles mobile is worst sadly I moved 3 mobiles on 365 day plan but coles is not ethical company. Rip-off in grocery, staff, mobile and insurance. Corporate thief’s

Naaz
Naaz

I had the same terrible experience with them.

Reggy

How long did they take as I am still waiting.

Ems

Are you still waiting for your SIM active?

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers