Coles Mobile

Coles Mobile (page 2 of 7)

Listing monitored by Coles

Arska
ArskaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big mistake to change it to Coles mobile.

It has been almost 6 days since I activate my card and still hasn't been activated. Customer service can't help and the technical support doesn't care. They carried my number from old carrier but they don't know how to activate it. Not a good start.

Horrible customer service.

Takes more than two weeks to deliver the sim. Horrible customer service- instead of helping to fix your problems they offer to cancel your order instead. Do not switch to Coles mobile.

Hau Nguyen
Hau NguyenSydney, NSW

Customer service via phone call quick easy and fantastic

Customer service is quick and friendly, easy. It is wonderful
Network is fairly reliable
Speed for data download is fairly ok in average
Coverage is fairly great .
Overall Everything is good

samSydney, NSW

Low quality sim. Poor service, rude agents.

Sim faulty at arrive, the online chat agents always so hurry to stop the conversation even without say good bye. You get what you paid. Just hope you don't have any problems need to seek help from them.

Vivian
VivianSouth East Queensland, QLD

It took then 7 days to transfer a number and then activate a SIM

They didn't want to take responsibility, they kept disconnecting me from chat, they were generally rude. I finally had to do the chasing up with my old provider to get things working.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Reggy

total crap don't change for free also

Very bad service from coles mobile. Been a week and the sim not connected. Full of crap answers from the team and same answers every day. No compensation and solution. Coles mobile is worst sadly I moved 3 mobiles on the 365-day plan but coles are not an ethical company. Rip-off in grocery, staff, mobile, and insurance. Corporate thief’s

JocelynB
JocelynBAU

Unexpectedly poor reception for data SIM

NaazHunter Region, NSW

Coles should sell groceries not sim card!

Its more than 2 weeks that I am waiting for activation! Now Still I have no internet and cant receive or send msg. Their customer service is awful. So why they sell a product that they are unable to activate it!!!????

Excellent!!

Sim arrived before the due date. Activated online, very easy to do. Ported existing number and was connected to Coles Mobile in less than 15minutes!!!! Excellent communication from Coles. Highly recommended.

David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good deal

I have the 365 day 60gb, activated it 2 days ago, it's a straightforward process, I was swiftly connected with my ported number. There are a lot of reviews here complaining about all sorts of things, I am happy with the service, and recommend it

Sonya D
Sonya D

Does the job

Does a good job for the price and very easy to recharge and to deal with any issues. I can't afford other name products so this one will do for me.

Trish K.
Trish K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed

New connection. After 4 weeks I am still
not connected to the internet. Coles sent me to Apple who advise it is the SIM card. Still waiting to hear back from Coles. Can’t rush this, maybe it will be resolved before Xmas 2021

Just renewed 3-4 years in a row

The whole family is on Coles credit even the Middle East airline cabin crew the data works out cheaper than buying data from an Australian hotel. I will probably renew again next year
$120/60GB/ 365days

Poya
PoyaHunter Region, NSW

They are selling sim cards, but they are unable to activate it

It is more that 10 days that I have purchased a prepaid Coles Mobile sim card. I did the activation process online. IT was not activated, Since then, I am in touch with the customer service, and they just say a routine sentence : Tech team are working on it.
Just let me know, why Coles is selling a sim card that they are unable to activate it????????

samia8
samia8Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service and coverage

The network is very unreliable and cuts out throughout the day without warning and when you’re on an important call. Data dropout is more common late at night typically after 10pm

Worst mobile provider in Australia

I have been using Coles mobile for 1 month and keep getting SOS ONLY displayed randomly throughout the day for most of the day. Contacted their support multiple times. I am asked to provide same details each time but they have no solution and have refused to provide a refund. I have tried many other providers and never had an issue. This is just junk, avoid at all costs.

Ken
KenPerth, WA

Have purchase for 5 family members all with GREAT success

All ported numbers worked with minutes. Coverage is better than previous SIM.
Haven't used customer service so can't respond to that...but customer service wasn't required because everything worked as advertised.
Previous company SIM was very much a pain trying to make overseas calls and text. Had to top up each time wanted to texted overseas.
Have video chat and text to UK no issues what so ever.

Review
Review

Personal information not secure & toxic staff

Another appalling mobile provider. Sarcastic [Name Removed] delivering the [Name Removed]script along with the manager [Name Removed]. Clearly they do not understand what their obligations are under the law regarding personal information. Sounds terrible [Name Removed]- take care.

Michele g.
Michele g.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useless completely sh**

Not Customer service at all, rang for the entire day, problem not fix.

They having problems between Optus and coles.

They cannot even found my number in their list.

Never again, company not suggested

Tim
TimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tricky company, can't activate card without credit card.then charge your from credit card instead of recharge voucher.

When I activate it, I have to fill my credit card as form identification that stated on their website. Otherwise you can't activate it. instead using the voucher - still taken money from my credit card, customer service could not do anything with it. I have already complained to TIO. I am not the only one who step in their trap. They are very tricky.

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I had $150 voucher but still taken money from my registered credit card

First day activated, instead using the voucher - still taken money from credit card, customer service could not do anything with it. Calling and chat was the same result. That’s a lot of money for me $150

sippybholla
sippybhollaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very bad reception/network.
Very frequently dropouts. Will not recommend any one.Very bad network reception while traveling in train from city to sunbury station.Very upset with the reception. Could not hear other person voice.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Sammyi112
Sammyi112North-West & West coast, TAS

Don’t do it

Bought $200 sim for my sons first mobile. I bought in November, for his birthday in December. 2.5 months a later it’s still not here. Nor is the second one they apparently sent! Don’t touch coles mobile.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Horrible

Literally was talking on the phone and it starts sounding like someone was breathing on the mic then turns into robotic spazz noises and My friend can’t even hear me and I can’t hear her. I GET ONE TOWER IN MY ROOM. Long story short, save yourself money and get some other provider, this is literal crap

Madhu
MadhuSydney, NSW

Disappointing service provider

I have subscribed to the 365-day plan and am quite dissatisfied with Coles/Optus service:
a) they discontinued International roaming on 6/12/20 although my contract (started in October 2020) specifically included this feature).
b) my overseas calls get displayed to the recipients at times with some unknown local number.
c) call quality is sub-par at times
d) doesn't seem to support VOLTE/Wifi Calling

I WILL certainly switch out of Coles/Optus (maybe to Aldi/Telstra) well before the end of my 365-day contract. (My Coles/Optus experience is so bad that I will never again enter into long-term contracts with any new provider before I have firsthand experience of their service.)

Emsasked

For people who was waiting for SIM active for longer than 48 hours, was your SIM actived eventually? It's been more than 24 hours and I'm really worried. My old SIM doesn't work anymore so I can't call & can't send SMS.

sam

I am waiting for a new sim on the way.
It’s holiday atm, please try to contact them if still not activated tomorrow afternoon.

What device are you using the SIM in? Is it a brand new phone?
• Is the device 4G enabled and unlocked? If you bought the phone via another carrier, it may be locked to them.
• Have you switched the device off and back on since putting the new SIM card in?
• Is the SIM Card inserted correctly? Are there any messages on the screen?
• Do you have reception bars and does the Coles Mobile Logo appear?
• Have you checked if there are any known outages at your address (https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status)?
• If you're only having issues with data, have you checked the APN is set to 'yesinternet' (If you are unsure on how to do this, please let us know what device you are using and we can look up the instructions for you)
• Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if it will work?
• Did you get any reception bars when testing the SIM in the alternative device? • When did the issue first start happening?
• What is the actual error message you receive while trying to use the service?
• Are other Optus services being affected in your area?
• Please confirm the SIM Card you are currently using

Thanks for your reply.
I've already contacted them and they said it's technical error that's why my activation was not successful. They said I have to wait at least 48 hours while they fix the issues. I need my phone at work tomorrow and I feel like it doesn't resolve the issues today.

angie
angieasked

How to disable voicemail for coles mobile?

Reggyasked

Very bad service from coles mobile. Been a week and sim not connected. Full of crap answers from the team and same answers every day. No compensation and solution. Coles mobile is worst sadly I moved 3 mobiles on 365 day plan but coles is not ethical company. Rip-off in grocery, staff, mobile and insurance. Corporate thief’s

Naaz

I had the same terrible experience with them.

Reggy

How long did they take as I am still waiting.

Ems

Are you still waiting for your SIM active?

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers