Coles Mobile

• Plan Type
  • Local Reception
JocelynB
JocelynBAU

Unexpectedly poor reception for data SIM

Local Reception
samia8
samia8Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service and coverage

The network is very unreliable and cuts out throughout the day without warning and when you’re on an important call. Data dropout is more common late at night typically after 10pm

smok
smokCentral Queensland, QLD

It's ok. Reception is awful

I purchased a $20 Coles mobile SIM card approximately a week ago and so far I am unhappy with the coverage, Calls constantly drop out, and even having issues getting a decent speed data connection. I should never have left boost. I'm done with Coles mobile. Considering they only use part of the Optus Network, it says it all.

Local Reception
Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Coles Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Rose
RosePerth, WA

Misleading advertising

Set up was quick and easy but the discount promised did not eventuate.
Colesmobile offered 120GB for $120 for 365 days if purchased prior to mid November. Having purchased it within the timeframe, when I activated the sim it was early December and the only choice was 60GB for $120 for 365 days. Now I have activated the sim it is apparently too late for the other 60GB to be added which I paid for.

billy
billyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just doesn't work

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
doucmeasicu
doucmeasicu

cant switch off voice mail

Darn, forgot to check productreview b4 I bought, again!
Same problem voice mail is annoying and you cant switch it off. Cant get optus app or access online.
Phone support is pathetic

Dev
DevPerth

Difficult start

Hi! I bought Cole's prepaid sim and activated on friday night. Was told will take couple of hours on Saturday. Did not start till Monday. Rang call center and they said someone withdraw your application to port number from Vodafone . She said we can not tell who did it!! Shocking! I complained coles customer service and they replied after three days they can't help because they can only help with groceries!!then why u selling phones!! Now at least activated.

Failure to activate Coles sim card

I bought a prepaid Coles simscard with $20 credit absolutely shocking couldn't activate the card after numerous phone calls to optus was told the sim was faulty advised to purchase another one
It has taken 3 days to activate the sim now the balance of credit is not being displayed
I bought the sim for my teenage son as it has a 35 day usage
More trouble than it worth back and forth with customer service
Will not be buying another sim card
Not happy

Jess
Jess

Couldn't activate despite 3 phone calls to helpline

Was attracted to Coles mobile as it is significantly cheaper for my data requirements. Bought a SIM, tried to activate on the website but it kept giving me an error message that consisted of only an exclamation mark, no explanation of what was wrong with my details. Called the help number, was transferred to Optus. Optus told me it was a Coles mobile problem & to call Coles instead. Called Coles back & was told it was now too late in the evening to port a number. Called again the next day & was told to buy a new $2 SIM and try again on the website. Same problem. Gave up. In the past year I have ported my number to Amaysim, Telstra, Catch mobile and Vodafone with no hassle.

Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Coles Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

jvdv01
jvdv01

Activation is painful

Bought a $2.00 sim and activated it with a $20 plan. Coles advertise activation may take up to 24 if porting from another Optus based provider like Amaysim, Moose, etc. However after 30 hours I still didn't have a connection.

Called the "One Stop Support" number on the back of the sim pack (1300 644 741) and then end up going around and around. Finally after several calls and over an hour on the phone I am told that the "work order is being submitted" and it usually takes between 24 to 48 hours for activation to be completed.

Coles need to lift their game. I don't blame Optus as I have used other Optus based providers (Amaysim and Moose) without any issues but this is the second time I have had problems activating a Coles Mobile sim.

Great deal, but issues with porting.

The 180$ deal is definitely a bargain, however I was encountered difficulties when I chose porting as my option. I was using Amaysim and I took read about how the porting duration can be significantly be reduced by porting to different networks ( I was using Amaysim). So I swapped Amaysim to Lebara ( $2 sim card); no sweat in this step.

However, when it came towards porting my number from Lebara to Coles, I faced difficulties on their activation page; It kept pushing me back the list of new numbers despite choosing the "keep my number" option with my details written down.

Alas, I just decided to change my mobile number all together sadly. But great deal though.

Kate555
Kate555Sydney, NSW

Good idea in theory, not so great when you have to deal with Optus

Emsasked

For people who was waiting for SIM active for longer than 48 hours, was your SIM actived eventually? It's been more than 24 hours and I'm really worried. My old SIM doesn't work anymore so I can't call & can't send SMS.

sam
sam

I am waiting for a new sim on the way.
It’s holiday atm, please try to contact them if still not activated tomorrow afternoon.

What device are you using the SIM in? Is it a brand new phone?
• Is the device 4G enabled and unlocked? If you bought the phone via another carrier, it may be locked to them.
• Have you switched the device off and back on since putting the new SIM card in?
• Is the SIM Card inserted correctly? Are there any messages on the screen?
• Do you have reception bars and does the Coles Mobile Logo appear?
• Have you checked if there are any known outages at your address (https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status)?
• If you're only having issues with data, have you checked the APN is set to 'yesinternet' (If you are unsure on how to do this, please let us know what device you are using and we can look up the instructions for you)
• Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if it will work?
• Did you get any reception bars when testing the SIM in the alternative device? • When did the issue first start happening?
• What is the actual error message you receive while trying to use the service?
• Are other Optus services being affected in your area?
• Please confirm the SIM Card you are currently using

Thanks for your reply.
I've already contacted them and they said it's technical error that's why my activation was not successful. They said I have to wait at least 48 hours while they fix the issues. I need my phone at work tomorrow and I feel like it doesn't resolve the issues today.

angie
angieasked

How to disable voicemail for coles mobile?

Reggyasked

Very bad service from coles mobile. Been a week and sim not connected. Full of crap answers from the team and same answers every day. No compensation and solution. Coles mobile is worst sadly I moved 3 mobiles on 365 day plan but coles is not ethical company. Rip-off in grocery, staff, mobile and insurance. Corporate thief’s

Naaz
Naaz

I had the same terrible experience with them.

Reggy

How long did they take as I am still waiting.

Ems

Are you still waiting for your SIM active?

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers