Good price but bad coverage
Bought it on special for cheap, 1 year recharge.
Easy and quick port process.
Bad coverage even whilst it uses optus network it frequently reduces to 3g(non existent) coverage in built up areas. When it goes to 3g your unable to do anything internet related on the phone.
Whilst i found in most cases when the 4g works its faster than vodafone but definitely slower then telstra network in all situations.
Got Sim and Transferred in time
Switched to Coles $120 60GB recently. Sim arrived in time and it took under a day to port my number. Happy so far and hassle free. Connection is as good as that of Optus.
Update : Optus connection is poor and shaky. Line is not clear. May incoming calls are going straight to voicemail.
Customer service ridiculous
Support numbers lead to optus help but they are reluctant to help because helpdesk cant find my number because its a colesmobile account.
Optus app does not recognise colesmobile numbers either
Coles needs to ensure support is available
Find out how Coles Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers
Know better, choose better.
Credit was honoured thankyou
This will be the third batch of credit we’ve got through Coles service has gone from excellent to terrible , good product more refinement needed
Absolute, ultimate crap at the beginning (edited) using it now - ok
Purchased this piece of crap recently. To sum up:
Can’t transfer old number
Optus does not give a damn about you, since you are not their direct customer
Coles mobile won’t answer about refunds
Avoid at all costs.
Burn it with fire.
Ps. If you didn’t avoid it, or fell into it, like me. Then I’d like to note that after all the connection, number transfer ect it’s working fine. Start was awful, now it’s okay.
Great offer, but customer service need to be better!
I bought coles prepaid sim this January. The offer is great, i have 6G for first month with only $ 20. It gives lots of data when i am on holidays in Tasmania. But the down sides is the customer service. it took me an hour to talk to them over the phone. And they transfer me between different departments and took me whole afternoon to solve my issue. They should have something like online live chat to improve customer service. Live connected and optus both do well on customer service with live chat.Hopefully, coles prepaid team can do something about it in this new year!
Questions & Answers
For people who was waiting for SIM active for longer than 48 hours, was your SIM actived eventually? It's been more than 24 hours and I'm really worried. My old SIM doesn't work anymore so I can't call & can't send SMS.
I am waiting for a new sim on the way.
It’s holiday atm, please try to contact them if still not activated tomorrow afternoon.
What device are you using the SIM in? Is it a brand new phone?
• Is the device 4G enabled and unlocked? If you bought the phone via another carrier, it may be locked to them.
• Have you switched the device off and back on since putting the new SIM card in?
• Is the SIM Card inserted correctly? Are there any messages on the screen?
• Do you have reception bars and does the Coles Mobile Logo appear?
• Have you checked if there are any known outages at your address (https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status)?
• If you're only having issues with data, have you checked the APN is set to 'yesinternet' (If you are unsure on how to do this, please let us know what device you are using and we can look up the instructions for you)
• Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if it will work?
• Did you get any reception bars when testing the SIM in the alternative device? • When did the issue first start happening?
• What is the actual error message you receive while trying to use the service?
• Are other Optus services being affected in your area?
• Please confirm the SIM Card you are currently using
Thanks for your reply.
I've already contacted them and they said it's technical error that's why my activation was not successful. They said I have to wait at least 48 hours while they fix the issues. I need my phone at work tomorrow and I feel like it doesn't resolve the issues today.
How to disable voicemail for coles mobile?
Very bad service from coles mobile. Been a week and sim not connected. Full of crap answers from the team and same answers every day. No compensation and solution. Coles mobile is worst sadly I moved 3 mobiles on 365 day plan but coles is not ethical company. Rip-off in grocery, staff, mobile and insurance. Corporate thief’s
Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives
|Category||Mobile Phone Service Providers|
|International Roaming Offered||Yes|
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.