Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried

Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried

Better flavour for half the price

I was always a Moccona fan (even a Moccona snob). Originally it was the Exotic flavour. When that disappeared I moved to Indulgence. Now that’s gone so I tried three other flavours. And they are all awful. I read a review recommending the Coles Organic Freeze Dried coffee and am very glad I tried it. At a fraction of the cost of Moconna, the Coles coffee is full of flavour with no bitter aftertaste. Moccona are losing more and more faithful customers.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

Jacqui

JacquiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another convert from the Moconna tribe

I also reluctantly tried this product after reading a very positive consumer survey review and at $4 a jar I thought what did I have to lose after Moccona changed their recipe now as well on their Rich product which was great and is now awful. This product had me pleasantly surprised. I’ll definitely stick with it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

jes j.

jes j.Sydney, NSW

Quietly dropped "Arabica" from their label

It's a very good compromise on price, given everyone else has also dropped off using Arabica beans (including Coles Fairtrade).
Taste is not as nutty as it used to be.
Our conscience is at least calmed over the Fairtrade accreditation, that farmers & pickers are not exploited to the degree of non-Fairtrade products.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Instant Coffees

Find out how Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried compares to other Instant Coffees

Doc

DocCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not quite the old Moccona No. 5, but close

I now almost always use the Coles Organic Fairtrade, but I still have a couple of jars of the old Moccona No. 5 stashed away and from time to time I make a cup for old time's sake. The original No. 5 is better, but there isn't much in it. Hence I won't be toooooo upset when my last jar of No. 5 original runs out!

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

J.PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best instant.

Apparently organic and has plenty of taste. For $4 it’s a winner. I mix it with Natures Cuppa Rich Roast and it’s even better.

JJ Smith

JJ SmithPerth

Better than the New Moccona Blend

Tried this as an alternative to Moccona as didn’t like the New Blend and it’s GREAT !! Smooth taste and affordable price. Well worth a try.

Rochey

RocheyPerth

Substitute for moccona!

After seeing the good reviews about Coles coffee, I thought I should try it. Pretty good! Taste fairly similar to old moccona so recommend to anyone looking for a replacement. It's cheap and fair trade also. We both enjoy it. It's here to stay in our house

Brent

BrentVictoria, 3752

It’s alright. Not as good as the old Maccona but 1000 times better than the new Maccona

Some people were suggesting to try this coffee as a replacement for the absolutely horrid new recipe of the Maccona Classic #5, and it was surprisingly good. Like i said not as good as the old Maccona but it’s alright and it’ll do for now. Id recommend trying it at least.

Erin

Erin

Surprisingly good

This is pretty good and I can't tell the difference between this and the moccona Classic. At the end of the day it is still instant coffee so don't expect great cafe quality coffee, but it is a decent cup and quite cheap at $4/100g.

Instant Coffees

Julie

JulieSydney

Not the best but good

Good quality coffee has never been this accessible and Coles has brought this with their Organic Gold Freeze Dried. They are great every morning as they are really of good quality and I find them really good but it's not the best in my standards. I love its full and rich flavour and the aroma is so heavenly especially in the morning that it really lifts my mood.

See all Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried reviews

cooriegirl

cooriegirlasked

We changed from Moccona coffee to the Coles fair trade freeze dried coffee and were so pleased to find a decent coffee and for very little dollars. Now, we are totally disappointed as it appears to have disappeared off the shelves with not even a space for where it belongs. Has it suddenly become discontinued or hopefully, only in short supply because of popular demand? In appreciation of your reply, Jan Coorie. 0418293040
jancoorie@optusnet.com.au

Craig C.

Craig C.asked

how much caffeine is contained in this coffee?

J.P

Not sure. One big spoon I can notice, two you’d get a buzz.

CoffeeDrinker

CoffeeDrinkerasked

What is the intensity of this coffee?

MsJ
MsJ

In my opinion it’s the same intensity or strength as the old Moccona “5”, I consider it a mild intensity coffee.

See all Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried questions

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives