Coles Supermarkets

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (28)
Agnes

Agnes Sydney, NSW

20 points for a free knife promotion.

I was disappointed as they run out of knives long before the promo finished. I went a few times and still no stock.

Store LocationChatswood
Sar

SarPerth, WA

New checkout arrangement

Coles has recently changed layout of checkout, so all the groceries are pushed down and so you are frantically trying to put groceries in bag and it piles up, plus what happened to checkout people helping out groceries in bag

Store LocationBanksia grove
The Mekon

The MekonSydney Surrounds, NSW

It's why I shop at Woolworths

Store LocationKatoomba and Lithgow

Concerned long term customer

Incorrect price when scanning

Have you ever scanned an item and the amount charged is less than the ticket price? I think not. Have you scanned an item on special and be charged the normal ticket price? Multiple times. This happens WAY too often for it to be a mistake. Coles are a bunch of frauds. The item should be given free if it scans at the incorrect price.

Ian B.

Ian B.Sydney, NSW

Your / coles branded cat food

I recently purchased coles branded cat food, this product several varieties seemed good value till I gave it to the outdoor cats we have, they would not touch it, so I thought I will give it to the stray cats at the cemetary across the road,guess what, not even the stray cats would eat this food ,say no more,I think you need to take a look at this as my cats opinion counts,I've seen the strays eat garbage, but not your catfood, very disappointed

Store Locationliverpool
Milly02

Milly02Hunter Region, NSW

I am not impressed with Coles.

I find that my local Coles at Morisset is often without products I want. Last week it was Coles chocolate bavarian.They seem to have cancelled Liddells skim milk altogether. I find it better to shop at Woolworths where the products I want are always there and anyway Woolworths chocolate bavarian tastes richer.

Emma F.

Emma F.South West, WA

A supposedly authentic chef inspired moussaka without any potato

Picked this up in a hurry. Didn’t think I’d have to check the ingredients. I’ve never had a Moussaka without potatoes! I’ve travelled to Greece many times & never had a Moussaka without sliced potatoes in it. It says chef inspired - what chef? Someone who’s never made Moussaka before. Very disappointing. Come on Coles get it together!

Reviewer R.

Reviewer R.

Coles Concord NSW

Smaller shop but has most of the groceries. The counter staff are helpful. Receipt is clear and includes how much I saved. Have BBQ chickens. Watch out for specials that are not listed in the catalog, I found yellow tags (with discounted prices on some nuts).

Congested entrance, too close to registers. Not all staff and customers wearing masks. No phone reception inside. Limited parking (which the non-shoppers also use).

Store LocationConcord NSW

Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Coles Thin Beef Sausages

Something has happened to the Coles thin beef sausages. I have bought literally hundreds of bulk packs over the years, but now, they split, burn and obviously something has changed.

I have asked the question of Coles, but have not received an answer.
I will post if Coles responds or when I find a product that replaces this basic.

Coles should be embarrassed as a Australia Company when it cannot even make sausages right! Perhaps the question is to ask if they were getting imported from China, and now with Covid, it's too hard to import them.

Store LocationMundaring WA
Paul

PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Empty shelves, Covid-unsafe

Coles Gawler had only half of what i need, yet other chains have full shelves. Only small entry point has the security person in the middle, so is hard to keep safe separation on entry.

Store Locationgawler SA
CHRIS

CHRIS

Convenient, but expensive

Coles is dearer than Woolies / Aldi, also not as fresh, but I live next door to Coles so I only go for the convenience, staff are in their own little world, not helpful, don't know anything.

Store LocationUMINA BEACH NSW 2257
Jo77

Jo77Kimberley, WA

Too expensive

After shopping with Coles for years I decided to trial Woolworths online & couldn’t believe the price difference, both stores are in the same town & these price differences can add up to A LOT. Today I decided to shop at Coles again & my bill was $100 more!!

Store LocationBroome
Gary

GaryPilbara, WA

Only supermarket in town

Found the staff are really helpful especially now during the virus slowdown. Shelf stock is limited but enough to survive on, you can see the variety once you go into a bigger store.

Store LocationTom Price WA
Dave

Dave

Self checkouts the worst of the supermarkets, "stone baked" bakeries the best of the supermarkets

Positives:
- Stores with the "stone baked" sourdough bakery products. Finally some bread that's worth eating unlike the usual boring-white-bread-only culprits of Woolworths, Bakers Delight, Brumby's, etc.
- Logical floor layouts (pantry "basic" items grouped together followed by pantry "junk food" items grouped together followed by laundry items grouped together, etc).

Negatives:
- Self checkout experience is frustrating due to the requirement to weigh each item scanned (Woolworths doesn't have this problem). For smaller convenience/city stores I'd rather shop at Woolworths if available nearby for this reason alone.
- EFPTOS cash out limits at self checkouts are capped too low (Woolworths is better).
- Coin operated trolleys.

Patrickmm

PatrickmmSydney, NSW

Product review: five tastes stir fry shots

Omg, family four just coyly not eat the meal after I added this, no salt was used throughout the process, because I know that these additives are loaded with them...well coriander/ lime added my meal uneatable ...not fare to market a flavor, which actually isn’t present ! It was @salt that’s all

Store LocationNsw
Super human

Super human

Ok...

Good to pick up some things for a weekly shop but the prices in particular for the fruit and veges are ridiculous! Aldi is much more cheaper. Also in the stores, aisles are narrow, items you want are never in stock, its been like this for years across the board.

Store LocationWerribee
Joshua Cade B.

Joshua Cade B.South East Queensland, QLD

Sometimes good, sometimes not

Usually the Coles I shop at is good and I like the general range of their products. Their beef/lamb/chicken sausages that have herbs in them are usually high quality. Sometimes there are times when the food is literally rotten, and this really needs to be fixed. The other day there was literal mold on some fruit. The fresh food needs to be kept at a lower temperature or at least have it cycled faster.

Store LocationNorth Lakes
secret squirrel

secret squirrelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor Quality Fresh Produce

Store LocationErina
Kim

KimNew South Wales

Coles brand mozzarella

I recently purchased the coles brand mozzarella cheese.
I thought it was a reasonable price, until I used it. It did not melt the way it should have and has zero flavor.
I was expecting a way better product, and ended up sadly disappointed