Coles Supermarkets

Coles Supermarkets (page 2 of 10)

Dave

Dave

Self checkouts the worst of the supermarkets, "stone baked" bakeries the best of the supermarkets

Positives:
- Stores with the "stone baked" sourdough bakery products. Finally some bread that's worth eating unlike the usual boring-white-bread-only culprits of Woolworths, Bakers Delight, Brumby's, etc.
- Logical floor layouts (pantry "basic" items grouped together followed by pantry "junk food" items grouped together followed by laundry items grouped together, etc).

Negatives:
- Self checkout experience is frustrating due to the requirement to weigh each item scanned (Woolworths doesn't have this problem). For smaller convenience/city stores I'd rather shop at Woolworths if available nearby for this reason alone.
- EFPTOS cash out limits at self checkouts are capped too low (Woolworths is better).
- Coin operated trolleys.

Patrickmm

PatrickmmSydney, NSW

Product review: five tastes stir fry shots

Omg, family four just coyly not eat the meal after I added this, no salt was used throughout the process, because I know that these additives are loaded with them...well coriander/ lime added my meal uneatable ...not fare to market a flavor, which actually isn’t present ! It was @salt that’s all

Store LocationNsw
Super human

Super human

Ok...

Good to pick up some things for a weekly shop but the prices in particular for the fruit and veges are ridiculous! Aldi is much more cheaper. Also in the stores, aisles are narrow, items you want are never in stock, its been like this for years across the board.

Store LocationWerribee

Costermer service

Woodridge coles, today I had a horrible experience with a man who serve me named ,G****m he was so rude to me because I took 21 items to where is suppose to be 12 item .I always do self service but today one of my babies refuse to sit in trolly and I was already tired.i have shop there for 10years but I won't shop there again.

Store LocationLogan central plaza
Joshua Cade B.

Joshua Cade B.South East Queensland, QLD

Sometimes good, sometimes not

Usually the Coles I shop at is good and I like the general range of their products. Their beef/lamb/chicken sausages that have herbs in them are usually high quality. Sometimes there are times when the food is literally rotten, and this really needs to be fixed. The other day there was literal mold on some fruit. The fresh food needs to be kept at a lower temperature or at least have it cycled faster.

Store LocationNorth Lakes
secret squirrel

secret squirrelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor Quality Fresh Produce

Store LocationErina
Kim

KimNew South Wales

Coles brand mozzarella

I recently purchased the coles brand mozzarella cheese.
I thought it was a reasonable price, until I used it. It did not melt the way it should have and has zero flavor.
I was expecting a way better product, and ended up sadly disappointed

Jcd

JcdPerth

A bit hit and miss

I mostly shop at Aldi now as both Coles and Woolies are getting too expensive with Woolies being more so. But some favorite items are just not available at Aldi so i go to my local Coles in Riverton. Stock is always good and fruit &vegies usually nice & fresh.However there is always a long wait at the deli with never enough staff and the manager is a sour cow of a thing and always complaining. Never smiles and appears to really hate her job.On the other hand I really love the checkout staff (special mention to Shane and Sharon) who are just lovely and make shopping fun. If Coles had lower prices I would probably do a full shop with them but I changed to Aldi as its just much cheaper.

Glen Busby

Glen BusbyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

The weekly shop

Very disappointed, have been pushed to start using Aldi due to price and service, now only use Coles for specific items that Aldi do not carry
When assistance is required in Coles there never seems to be any staff members available except for the check out ladies and they are to busy as there is always long queues

Store LocationHervey Bay

Craig Else

Craig ElseGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Service at coles

At my local coles service is good most of the time.
But not all products are available at this stores requiring me to have to travel out of my way to get certain items.
It’s usually very clean and well stocked.
When I go to different stores I find
the layouts vary and I struggle to find things.

Store LocationBurnside
Adam C

Adam CAU

Opening Hours

I love shopping at Coles, they're pretty cheap and their homebrand is great. Only thing is that they all seem to close before 10pm with minimal exceptions. I like to shop late at night, there are so many countries around that have 24/7 supermarkets!

kimmyt

kimmytSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good deals

i just wish they would stop moving the items around as you get used to where you have to go to get what you want and then it moves, making you have to look for longer and when in a hurry ...

Store Locationcaloundra
Ed R.

Ed R.

Enjoyable

I find that Woolworths has the edge on Coles. Cole seems to be lacking in items, I mean when Cole does not have what you want Woolworths does. I think that Coles prices are better.

Store LocationSwansea NSW

Unk

UnkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slice the bread!

Coles bakery is great, but it's a shame that you don't slice the bread. And there isn't any staff around at the bakery to request slicing. I think you will definitely sell more bread if they were sliced.

Anne Jones

Anne JonesPerth, WA

Finding herbs

Looking for Basil the other day amongst the herb section, couldn't find it so asked one of the staff. It's next to the tomatoes, "you know Basil goes with tomatoes" how stupid is that?

Store LocationColes in Greenwood WA

Rose

Rose

Purchased Pete Evan's butter chicken

Purchased Pete Evan's butter chicken and it was disgusting looking . There was no way anyone could have eaten it. I took it back to Coles Fairfield west and had it exchanged.

Store LocationColes Fairfield west

Incorrect scanned items should be free.

So many times items are advertised at a different price as to what is scanned at checkout. Quite often you dont check the docket, if at all, until you are home. Each time they ask you to come back to verify and refund the DIFFERENCE. What about the TIME and FUEL cost? I would use Woolies over Coles anyday as they refund the TOTAL cost of the item. Much better customer service.

Yolanda

Yolanda

It is alright

It is quite good, not the best place. But still pretty convenient. And the price is good too unless you compare it with Aldi.

Lin

Lin

Unhappy customer - got sick/ill from eating Seafood salad

Marion Mac

Marion MacBusselton

Unhappy customer

I purchased 200grams of shaved roast pork.I went to use it for lunch only to find it by any means not fresh and felt sticky. I returned to Coles and was given fresh meat. There was no apology whatsoever I found this rude. This is not the first time I have purchased food from the deli that was not fresh including seafood tender which went straight into the bin. I will continue shopping at Coles but not this store.In future I shall shop at the New Coles in Busselton.