Coles Third Party Property, Fire & Theft Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coles Insurance

1.0
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

I seeked out a policy via the internet. I signed up and agreed to everything but then realised there was no mention of my vehicle value. So I rang them this morning. The first lady I spoke to was very very hard to understand (thick accent). She transferred me to another lady who was also very hard to understand. I then hung up and rang back again. This time a got a man who sounded like he was in the bathroom (echoey, running water).
I cancelled my policy and went with another provider.

Sha
ShaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

300% increase in premium due to change in address!!!!

I called Coles to advise my change in address which is only 20kms difference to the previous one. I was advised my premium increase from $251.00 to $651.00!!!! I said there must be a mistake but the call centre person insisted this was the premium!!!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sha, thanks for reaching out and raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we've shared this with our teams. Please note that we also replied to your private message.

Other Car Insurance

Very bad customer service

I emailed Coles to cancel my car insurance third party damage ( monthly payment) as I sold it and moved overseas. However, nobody responded to my emails ( already sent twice) after one week. What is happening with Coles? Very bad and disappointing service!

Nguyen
Nguyen
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this, Nguyen. If your email still hasn't been responded to can you please send us a private message with your contact details and policy number?

Aaron
Aaron

Worst car insurance company!!

Biggest mistake we made by switching from Budget to Coles car insurance. Someone reversed into our car and have been chasing them for over 4 weeks to get the car fixed but still going around in circles. Had no help from Coles insurance whatsoever in getting the matter resolved. In fact, they told us to deal with other parties insurance directly. If, we had to deal ourselves then why do we pay a premium? No wonder why Coles has such an appalling customer satisfaction rate. Must AVOID!!

Car Insurance

Find out how Coles Third Party Property, Fire & Theft Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

NickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Horrible customer service. Gave me a rubbish excuse for raising policy over $100 and never made a claim. Would not lower premium not even 1 cent. I have been with Coles insurance for many years and this is the first time this has happened. I have 2 other policies a vehicle and home and I will be leaving Coles once they expire.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nick, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We do our best to ensure our customers are offered insurance at great prices. Please send us a DM with your policy details and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Wuran LuSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst car insurance in Australia! The worst customer service!

Never buy! My car was hit by the other car which was insured by Coles insurance and was towed to a holding yard 4 weeks ago. The other driver made the claim to coles at the scene and admitted it was their fault. During these 4 weeks, coles never contacted me about this. Today I called the holding yard, they said the car has never been moved at all!! And also the insurance never contacted them at all!! What were Coles insurance doing during these 4 weeks?! It's ridiculous. And if you contact them, wait hours and hours but no one answer.
I will lodge a complaint to Australia Financial Complaints Authority if Coles insurance didn't contact me this week. Terrible service!

Wuran Lu

I sent the information to you. Since the claim has been accepted, it has been over one month, my car is still in the holding yard and never been assessing or repairing!! Please get my car repaired as soon as possible!
Thank you.

Dheeraj
DheerajGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Customer Service Representatives

Representative became agitated after getting a few questions and sounded rude. Didn't try to save an old customer. Couldn't explain properly the reason of my query. The policy has value though but after sales service is a key.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Dheeraj, thanks for getting in touch. We're disappointed to hear this and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with more details on this?