Colgate Optic White

Colgate Optic White (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Toothpastes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ChelseaJaronCharlie

ChelseaJaronCharlieQLD, 4227

Perfect

Absolutely love this toothpaste. Significantly whitened my teeth after a few days of using this product and I liked that it kept my breath smelling fresh for a long time after using it. You don't need a lot as it goes a long way.

Gail

GailCentral Coast NSW

Stinging gums after use, gums turned pale, almost white after using it

Used it for first time this morning and gums were stinging while brushing but figured it was just the strong ingredients . After rinsing I noticed the gums around the edges of my teeth had gone a pale white colour which subsided during the day but when attempted to use it again tonight my gums were so sore I couldn't even brush them for long and now where my gums were a pale this morning they are red raw. Thought it was just me but after reading other reviews it seems a common trend . Will accept the waste of $10 buying it and not risk using again after hearing other horror stories.

Chablis

ChablisYamba

If you have a partial plate DO NOT USE

Within a week of starting to use this product a tooth on my plate fell off...never gave it another thought...at the end of the week another tooth came unglued and fell off...This product has cost me quite a bit of money. (Might add Ive had this plate for over 15 years with NEVER a loss of a tooth!) Not happy to say the least.

Jessy Bassy

Jessy BassyAdelaide

Not bad. Not the best either.

Its pretty strong formulation might have been the cause of the whitening but it also irritates my gums. If your mouth is not sensitive then I guess the formulation wouldn't be a bother. But it's effective if whitening is what you're after.

It worked! Stripped the enamel right off my teeth!

My teeth DID get brighter within a week as the product claims to do, but this was because it probably stripped the enamel right off my teeth! First was the sensitivity, hot or cold drinks were agony to consume after two weeks, and now 3 of my front teeth have become brittle and are chipping off. Stay away from this product.

Do not use!

I've got two huge sores on my tongue, I was sore down into my throat and I've only just realised it was this! It should be taken off the market.

Colgate Optic white

I love it. Whiter than any product has delivered.
I'm a hard to please consumer, but the results are amazing. Love love love.
Have used products in the US and others and a moderate improvement, this is the best

Dangerous Product - Do Not Use

1) Yes, it whitens teeth
2) It has damaged my taste buds. Three weeks after discontinuing use I'm just starting to get back anything but salty. I quite using the product when I had a salty taste in my mouth continually. Then I went on line and found literally hundreds if not thousands of complaints dating back years. Colgate, how can you continue to sell this?

costly mistake

costly mistakeMelbourne

Don't waste your money

Believe

BelieveMelbourne

I cant feel my lips

Horrible product. Burnt my mouth when using and by morning my lips were cracked, swollen and numb. Going to the doctors now to see how I can stop the pain. :(

healthy

healthyAU

Terrific!

This product is great! I'm so glad i found this toothpaste it not only cleans and makes my teeth shinny it gradually whitens them. Not sure about some of the bad reviews though? But I've never had a problem (everyone's different) you can purchase this at woolworths, chemist etc

Ruby B

Ruby BWollongong

Eh

The toothpaste I feel is quite good at cleaning my teeth and removing plaque but I have seen absolutely no difference in the colour of my teeth. I have just had my braces removed about 1-2 months ago and everyone told me to purchase this product so I had very high expectations. My teeth are still yellow and I feel that other regular toothpastes help to lighten my teeth more than this so-called "whitening" toothpaste.

wont ever use again.

Liz C

Has anyone else been left with "Geographic Tongue" after using Optic White?

Three weeks using Optic White and I developed a condition called Geographic Tongue (google it!). The top layer of my tongue peels off in a different pattern all the time and I only used it for three weeks about a year ago - I wrote to Colgate at the time and they sent me $20 cheque and told me to post the product back. What a joke. At the time I thought my tongue would get better but it never has. I can't eat anything with salt, can't any more spicy food, even an onion makes it worse. I think many other people have been affected like this and would like to hear from them.
I still have my now empty tube of Optic White and the letter from Colgate.

avabg

avabgLaunceston, TAS

i like it

I have been using this product along side my home tooth whitening kit (from my Dentist), i find it's a really effective maintenance product in between tooth whitening's.
My teeth feel really nice and clean afterwards, i can't use this product alone to whiten my teeth as i drink so much tea and red wine... :)

Ruined my teeth

I used the tooth paste for about 3 weeks and my teeth are as sensitive as hell now.
I went to the dentist and parts of the enamel has been removed on my front teeth and now I'm up for $2000 in dental repairs.
DONT USE THIS PRODUCT!

IvyMelbourne

I would advise Do Not Use

Dave T.

Dave T.Adelaide

Not Up To Expectations

I wrote the earlier review where I suggested a neutral score. Colgate got back to me and said "don't give up, use the whole tube" or a similar comment, I can't quite remember. I did and it made no difference. As toothpaste, it's ok, as a whitener, not so good.

sss888

sss888Sydney

Incredible results!! Suprised by the reviews on it though?!

My teeth have a slight yellow tinge to them which is caused by my smoking and morning coffees.
After running low on my usual toothpaste the white glo smokers formula which by the way is also a good contender,I saw the optic white on sale and thought i'de give it a go.

For the first week i noticed it lightened up slightly and was hopeful on the results if i continued.
It has been just over 3 weeks now and im glad i followed on. My teeth don't have a yellow tinge anymore

Rebecca

RebeccaPerth

Obviously a health risk..

Never used to get canker sores before I started using this product. Each time it was "that time of the month" for me, I broke out in nasty canker sores, something that never happened to me before and funnily enough, it started right about the time I started using this product. went through very traumatic experiences of doctors mis-diagnosing me. you guys should be sued.

Emma M.

Emma M.asked

Does optic white express toothpaste remove intrinsic stains as it clarins to

Ruth

Ruthasked

Iv been using the product for a month now and there is no difference !!!!! As a person living on an aged pension I splashed out to try it I'd like to hear from someone please. Thank you H Newark [number removed]

paddington

Buy some quality Australian made toothpaste like Grants or Cedal.Mix on brush a match head size blob of optic pain with a much bigger blob of the good aussie stuff. You could get years of cleaning-your teeth may even whiten without pain. Goodluck and go you good thing.

Pepper

Pepperasked

Is it safe to use Colgate Optic white to be used with someone that has tooth sensitivity?

dixxky
dixxky

Im not sure you would have to ask your dentist

paddington

Depends on your pain threshold. One advantage is if you have doubts about any teeth that have been treated in the past or may give trouble in the future try a tiny bit of pure optic on them. Mexican chilli thrills.

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

CategoryToothpastes and Teeth Whitening Products