Colgate Total Dental Floss

Colgate Total Dental Floss

David
DavidRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not recommended

The product states it is shred resistant, every time I use it I think I have hair in my mouth I have purchased this product twice and find it very poor quality compared to other dental floss. Waste of money

Purchased in July 2000 at Coles.

Rubbish

Strands come off and it often snaps after one go. I suspected it was a cheap 'Made in China' product but it's actually Malaysian made. To be frank it's just rubbish. Dressmakers thread would be more effective! I certainly won't be buying again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $3.00.

about average

I sometimes buy Colgate total dental floss tape and found the floss to be pretty good as it doesn't seem to fall apart easily and doesn't hurt the teeth / I recommend the Colgate total dental floss to anyone who likes to keep the tooth gaps in between the teeth free of any nasty surprises

brian

Actually the review should be changed to a good rating really

Flossing & Dental Care Products

Find out how Colgate Total Dental Floss compares to other Flossing & Dental Care Products

Do most people have fingers like sandpaper?

connielaura
connielaura

i have only been flossing for around two years after my dentist recommended i do it. i have now become addicted. colgate total dental floss is really affordable compared to other brands, which is strange because i always think colgate should be more as it is so well known and trusted, but this is not true and what makes it better is that it is always on special. unlike some other dental floss total is really gentle on my gums and removes 100% of the build up in between teeth. i would highly recommend.
affordable, gentle, smells nice and clinical, leaves mouth feeling clean when combined with brushing

rw2830
rw2830North Western Region, NSW

This is a pretty good floss. It cleans out my teeth well and is easy to use. The roll just seems to last forever. Not very expensive to buy either considering how long it lasts for me. I will continue to use this product and would recommend this product to any one looking for a good dental floss. Good one!
Made by Colgate so you know that its going to be good. Does its job. Easy to use and is gentle on the gums. Price isn't too bad either. Has a nice taste to it also.
Nothing I could think of.

fernyfluffles
fernyflufflesTas, 7320

OK

I tried this brand of dental floss and found that it was constantly getting caught in the little metal blade due to a wax build up underneath it. It worked great to remove plaque and food remains caught between the teeth and not much is needed to provide flossing for all of your teeth.
It collects plaque caught between teeth well, inexpensive to purchase and widely available
I found that it shreds really easily and that it is hard to get out of the container as it gets caught frequently due to the wax coating which needed to be cleaned off regularly

See all Colgate Total Dental Floss reviews

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

While Colgate has a 2.7-metre trial floss length, and a 137m surgery size dispenser, only the Colgate 25-metre dental ribbon is sold in stores, available in a regular version or a tartar control version.

The use of single-filament PTFE is designed to help this floss resist shredding, especially when compared to other brands that use nylon floss.

This floss has a natural wax coating to help wax slide easily between teeth, however if you already experience trouble holding floss between your fingers, this may make it harder to grip.

While there are mixed reviews on the effectiveness of this dental floss, at $2.99 per 25-metre box, it doesn’t hurt to try it out and decide for yourself.

CategoryFlossing & Dental Care Products